Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Trying to sell my carbon bike and have some reseller telling me it's worth only $800 with a low offer of 400. It's a 2012 Cannondale Supersix 3

I feel like i'm being gaslit? A LBS told me $1500 and I have someone trying to trade their Specialized Roubaix Comp for it + $150 sweetner.

Considering the Roubaix depending on their specs. The Cannondale is slight too big and I have my old Cannondale that needs more work, which I'd rather just offload cheaper and ride.

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

e.pilot posted:

A friend of mine just sold a low end CAAD Optimo for $650, they can get hosed, the bike market is wild right now.

Lol yea I thought so. Also he's stalking the listing.

Paying the bike tax.

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jul 26, 2020

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Finally have come to the end of the road for my 2008 Cannondale six13. I need a bike that can handle fenders and racks + the constant rain of Portland winters. It got me through summer but winter is coming.

What I don’t like about my current ride: It’s slightly too big for me (54cm), as it’s an annoying reach to the hoods, which makes me lean forward too much and this puts pressure on my privates and hands. The aluminum frame and carbon fork is rough on the poo poo roads and I go over train tracks on the regular.

What I like about the bike is it’s so drat responsive and it WANTS to go fast. It just feels zippy and fun. It doesn’t take long to get up to speed and can feel immediate power transfer. Also the ~memories~. The tiagra shifting has done me right for so long.

So I’m eyeing the All City Space Horse, Fuji Absolute, and a Kona Dew. Any others I should try out at a LBS? My price range is around $1500 but I’m fairly flexible for the right bike as this is my only transport and I obviously stick with a bike for a while. Also understand I won’t be as fast with the extra weight. I’m a long legged girl, short torso. I mostly just go to my studio and the grocery store, but I’d like to get into longer touring style rides. The PNW is too pretty to not explore by bike.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
This is a $390 designer shoe for contrast on the expected finish at that price point.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
:sickos:

I’m going to put PINK SPARKLE bar tape on it.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
One hour ride today on the new bike and I think I need a shorter stem. It’s really my only issue as the bike is so prime everywhere else. The ride barely felt like an hour other than my butt getting sore halfway. I feel so stretched. I was blessed with long legs and arms and not so much on the torso.

I was going to go to my LBS and get their feedback and fit adjustment. I really have to stretch for the hoods. Anything else I can do to be a little more upright?

I’m riding a 52 with a 100 stem. I think I could go down to 90 or maybe even 80.

Also I’m very newb to customizing a fit so please excuse my ignorant questions.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

bicievino posted:

Pics are probably necessary to provide much constructive feedback.
Stems don't wear out, so personally I just bought like 6 sizes from the used shoppe so I can check fit instead of guessing.

I’m guessing you mean of me on the bike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I mean this is mostly a commuter bike so I’m never going to go full spandex from my house to my pottery studio, which being wfh is basically the main place I go. Most I plan on doing is longer rides and touring weekend bike trips with my partner towing our dog and all those won’t involve full kits. I understand the forum for this is probably more technical than I need. I really want comfort in basic normie wool underwear gear.

Also I’m not wearing jeans, it’s a tracksmith wind resistant sweatpant pant for running.

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Dec 9, 2022