Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

I am tired of having to connect my edge to my computer like a peasant!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

a patagonian cavy posted:

I’ve done zero training rides with other people ever in over 10,000 miles of road cycling and I’m not allowed to start now. fine by me

riding bike is a solo, meditative activity

am I psycho

nope, just crushing miles with music or podcasts going in loose ear buds

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Rode my bike today and all I got was a hatred for lifted diesel trucks and a helmet strap tan!

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

I figured it would be a lot of electros, but then I remembered this American egos we are talking about (myself included).

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

I can vouch for Raccmer stuff, I have a jersey and bib from them and they're not half bad for having spent like $35 for both. They're sizing is pretty normal and not surprisingly small.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

I'm probably going to move on from my China carbon no name bike I built in 2014, I think Giant's new TCR Advanced Pro is pretty compelling for its price point, especially in the mechanical ultegra build. It even comes with installed power meters. The Orca is a very pretty bike too, but it looks like according to their website you'll be at least waiting until December for one of the ltd builds.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Can’t say I have ever had issues with continental tubes and their presta valve cores.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Arson Daily posted:

So I'm ignorant about tubeless tires, why would that be the way to go? Wouldn't I still get flats?

Tubeless set ups are typically filled with a liquid latex material that will plug and harden small punctures. They were a big game changer in mountain biking because of thorn punctures and snake bites at lower pressures.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

There are a lot of good skill videos also on youtube, and just taking some time with markers like cones in a parking lot to practice turning on flat surfaces is pretty useful for mountain biking (really biking in general).

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

My trick to seat the bead without a compressor or a airshot is to place the tire on the wheel with a fully inflated tube in it for a night, and then use your floor pump to seat it tubeless the next day.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

The arm grippers on the trash miles kit are 4 real, especially if you got fat arms/do curls.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Time posted:

I missed the ordering the first go round so a very kind goon shipped me one. Thank you both!

Related- im 235 pounds and just competed in my last bodybuilding show. Biking has been a great hobby to pick up with my free time but absolutely none of the gear is made for me. I even got told not to buy a few carbon bikes by the manufacturer. My brain is still broken as well so I refuse to lose weight. Does anyone have reccs on stuff for people that are bigger? Does Rapha make stuff that big? It says size up but I don’t even know what that means at 6’4” and rotund

I think you need to ring up John Cena my dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd77fHyD-BM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Sab0921 posted:

I think I've posted about this before - but I got utterly destroyed by COVID last summer - couldn't walk to the kitchen without having to sit down and catch my breath.

I got into cycling as a way to get my fitness back and was hooked. I started doing 10 mile rides a few days a week and a long ride (25-40 miles) on Saturday mornings. poo poo is fun. I got interrupted by a new baby in November - but he's getting older so long rides are a possibility again.

I hit a personal mileage goal and my wife told me I could go out and get something fancy.

Yesterday went and picked up a proper dentist bike - a new red Cervelo Caledonia. Looking forward to getting a yellow jersey to go along with my dentist bike and hitting the road and trails in the area!

2021 Goals - 1500 miles and a century ride. Mileage isn't as high as most here, but trying to be reasonable given the multiple diapered children and work commitments.

Edit: I meant 2021 goals!

Got the same bike last year, it’s pretty sweet. I converted to tubeless tires and do a decent amount of gravel riding as well as regular road riding.