Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Next one's in February so not that long to wait.

Don't fancy the Hill Climb season then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I'm doing A Hill Climb on Sunday but it's an average of 4.3% so it doesn't really count

Whos promoting this flat TT in hill climb season????

Show yourself cowards.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Pinning numbers on my skinsuit when I donít have a teammate is a pain. Anyone used the racedots on a bike?

A clubmate has used race dots for Time Trials and they work ok. I have a NoPinz pocket to avoid this all together.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

I was targeting the 12 hour TT this year but I think with my injury I just won't be fit enough to even bother with it.

Next year for me.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

bicievino posted:

I love reading about the UK TT scene, but this aspect of it has always seemed a bit odd to me.

Hope you get the position stuff sorted.

I'm genuinely perplexed it isn't as big in America.

Dual carriageway TT's are the fastest you will ever go on a bicycle on a flat road and much like Jakiri says, i've had much more dangerous incidents on normal roads during time trials than dualies. They're generally safer as there's an entire extra lane for cars to pass you however there is a greater risk of a catastrophic incident due to the speeds involved.

The fastest courses are being gradually phased out as increases in traffic mean that police forces are withholding permission or organisers feel its not worth the risk to run them. I've marshaled a dual carriageway TT and had to pick someone up who had chanced a roundabout because they didn't want to slow down and ended up in the back of the car in front and I've not raced on that course since and numbers in general have been down. It was the fastest course in the area and would always have a full field before that and instead you're getting 100 people turn up at Goodwood race circuit on a Wednesday evening.

I dunno, I think we're going to see a migration to closed circuits for the people that just want to ride head down as fast as they can and sporting courses for everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

2 deaths and another very serious injury over the weekend at TT races, all from collisions with vehicles.

The open road TT scene in the UK has to change.