Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

MrL_JaKiri posted:

New FTP day :toot:, up to 370

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Run ‘em in figure 8s

TobinHatesYou posted:

Let's just make tracks really, really, really long straight lines.

What if we just used runways?

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Yes but without the bridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZZyP7VlZcM

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Copperopolis M35+ Cat5 42mi Death March to Victory:

It was hot.
It was bumpy.
I semi-inadvertently went for an early break trying to latch on to a work truck that had passed us (and failed miserably) a couple of miles before the big hill on the course. One other guy managed to hang on with me, and beat me up pretty good going up the hill, but fortunately that was all he had, he was pretty hopeless on the flats and descent, so I was able to rest a bit. Ripping down gravel hills around town prepared me well for the pavement adjacent road surface today, and I was able to break away hard and put a good gap between me and the other guy on the descent, unfortunately he managed to group up with a couple of juniors and caught back up to me midway up the hill on the second lap, then unfortunately for him he got a flat halfway up and I broke away again and got a huge lead and was able to get a much needed breather. Then somewhere around the flat back half where the pavement was okay at best the lead P12 group caught up to me and I was able to hide in their draft for a bit giving me an even bigger lead, until they dropped me like I wasn't moving on the little hill before the descent. I was extremely thankful for that lead towards the finish, as on the last 3mi or so of the last lap I started cramping up really bad, to the point I had to get off the bike for a few seconds and stretch things out, and I was able to take it much easier on the second lap's descent. I painfully grimaced my way through the last 1km across the line, my only remaining opponents the heat and my rapidly fading mental fortitude, for what will surely be an epic pain face in the photos from the finish line photographer.

I won't do this race again on a road bike, if I do it again at all.

e:

TobinHatesYou posted:

Race Report // Copperopolis

Lmao.

Fin.
this is the better writeup tbh

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Finished my road season (maybe?) by doing a 40 mile, 3,200ft course. 4 laps, with the 1st and the 4th being the same while the 2nd and 3rd were each different. Marshalls directed you each time at the turns which was surprisingly well done considering there were 3 different race distances going. Each lap had a sprint prime and a KOM prime for $10 each.

Roads were wet to start, rain started again on the 2nd lap, wrath of god rain for the 3rd lap which subsided on the 4th, and stopped by the finish.

The first lap two guys got on the front and seemed happy to pull nearly the whole time, although they pulled off before every prime for some reason. On the start of the 2nd lap a 16 year old kid attacked hard up the one big climb, so my two teammates and I went with him. He blew up about 3/4 up the climb and I looked back to see a decent gap already. My teammates and I hooked up and did a TTT for the remaining 30ish miles, collecting every prime. Nobody wanted to do a full gas sprint in the wet so we rolled 3 wide across the finish line and only found out who won at the podium. Exact same recorded time for everyone in the end. Very wholesome way to end the season. :3:

:hmmyes:

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

bicievino posted:

Skin is slow, but maybe fur is fast?
New frontiers in aero tech.

Realtalk I think the next purchase is a custom speedsuit. In stock sizing I'm an XL at the thigh and butt, but a small at the chest and waist. Got a lot of wrinkles on the sleeves I could stand to get rid of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arnWU1sWqKw

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I really dislike muddy CX :unsmith:

Grats on the win tho :toot:

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
thunder burt’s are hilarious until you go careening off the trail

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I always forget about this thread.

Colorado TT state championships were last weekend, it was a moderately hot one, I went through almost all of my two aero bottles on a 40k.

They were launching us every 30 seconds, I caught my 30 second guy and passed him, then he surged back to pass me, lost steam, and I passed him again, I was just chugging along targeting 280-300w or so, he did this maybe half a dozen times I wanted to be like bruv I already closed a 30 second gap on you, all you’re gonna do is blow yourself up this isn’t a road race. Shocker, he blew up hard and I never saw him again around the halfway point.

New TT bike absolutely rips compared to TTrash. Managed 26.7mph@260w and won Cat4 mens with a 40k PR of 53:55.

Was repping trashkit since it’s my best fitting skinsuit lol.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

kimbo305 posted:

Was the rest of equipment/conditions same enough to let you estimate time saved over the 40k?

somewhat, my best on TTrash was 27.1mph@370w for a 20k, which was at 60ft elevation vs 5000ft, but that’s not enough to make up for 0.5mph faster at 110w less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Competitive Cycling - hope I don't crash and get to finish