Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

kimbo305 posted:

If track cycling were suddenly modified so that tracks were ridden clockwise instead of counterclockwise, how much shakeup would there be in performance? How much muscle memory helps cyclists lean left and move up and down a left-sloping banking?

Our track has a reverse direction “race” on our final night of the season every year and it is eerie to ride it in the opposite direction, even when nobody is really trying to go fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

I want to race my local crit (barrio Logan Grand Prix in San Diego) next month. Can I still race on a 1-day license if I’ve had an upgrade in the past? I haven’t had a USAC license in 6 years, was a cat4. I want to do the 40+ cat 4/5 race.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

rngd in the womb posted:

So many excellent race reports ITT. Nature is healing.

I'm still going through a build phase, currently on a rest week and packing up for a bikepacking trip in the desert this weekend. But once I finish my build phase, I am going to switch gears and start doing crit practice while maintaining my fitness. Eyeing the crit here in Ontario, CA, on 6/20 as my first race, but maybe I want to target something else in July instead depending on how confident I am feeling.

Do Barrio Logan GP June 26th if you’re in SoCal

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Our (San Diego) track season opens tonight. Our track experience is about the polar opposite of the Seattle one in terms of organization (we race under ATRA regs rather than USAC, nobody is keeping track of Omnium points, etc etc) and my racing experience will be 180 from bicievino’s (news from the rear of the race!) But the vibe is very similar! Look for my report later