Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

e.pilot posted:

hot water and a good tire lever

This reminds me, I need some good tire levers.

Is it normal to have a tiny bit of wiggle/play on a cassette? I noticed it when cleaning my bike earlier, just a little bit of movement when you wiggle it. Lockring is cranked down and there's no movement along the axis of the axle. No issues with shifting either, just wondering if it's indicative of an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

They're Aksiums, but I did find them on the street for free. I'll keep an eye on it and maybe get the hubs serviced before winter.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i've got another reason: that poo poo's a pain in the rear end and i don't want to deal with it

Take it to a shop for fitting

Top up with sealant every few months

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Cleaned my drivetrain today, went to put the bike on the trainer, noticed a small bolt drop out when doing it, then my derailleur fell off by the hanger!

Looks like I need a new hanger as the threads seem a little stripped on one of the holes. Is the wheels mfg 176 equivalent to a trek 315464?

The more I look at it, the more I think it’s been built with the wrong bolts. Should these bolts go further in (eg should they be longer)? There’s no point me buying a new hanger if it’ll strip the threads again!

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

My gravel bike (Orbea Terra) says not to use spacers above the stem. Is that likely specific to the stem, rather than any other reason? I want to try out a lower stem position but I don't want to commit to cutting the steerer just yet. Could I swap out the stem and use spacers above temporarily?