Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Set it up with a tube and leave it overnight pumped up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I got a new bike but the integral derailleur hangar nob (no idea what to call that bit) seems awkwardly small

it's a surly bridge club and a sram nx deraileur. it's maybe fine but would like other opinions. i found that the sram bit comes in a spares kit so i could buy that and attempt to bend it over so there's more contact.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

Of all the places Surly decides to spare some metal...

seems a bit mad right? they sell them stock with sram SX eagle stuff so its not like this combo is unlikely

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Sooo i think i've found a solution. I can buy a eagle xx1/x01 parts kit which'll fit on to my NX and it looks like the bit which catches the tab is chunkier.

video is for an unrelated problem with the nx but shows all the parts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcnpBxeb4Nw

e: ugh, it's £25. gently caress it im just gonna ride it how it is and see if it breaks.

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 3, 2021

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

hemale in pain posted:

I got a new bike but the integral derailleur hangar nob (no idea what to call that bit) seems awkwardly small

it's a surly bridge club and a sram nx deraileur. it's maybe fine but would like other opinions. i found that the sram bit comes in a spares kit so i could buy that and attempt to bend it over so there's more contact.

Just doing an update on this. We bought the b bolt kit for the xx1 derailleur.

NX - left, XX1 - right

Here's it on the bike. it actually fits!

close up of the old one

in conclusion gently caress you sram for making the cheaper derailleur poo poo and gently caress you surly for not putting more metal on the notch/tang.

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 10, 2021

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

It doesn't seem to be magnetic so I'd guess aluminium. It probably would of been fine but I would of never stopped worrying about a dumb failure out in the middle of nowhere.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

mexecan posted:

So I just went to switch out my cassette between two sets of wheels and I can see that notches formed on the free hub body.

I’ve ordered a new free hub body from Hunt but how can I avoid having this happen again?

Am I correct that this is a result of undertorquing the cassette? Or..?

Google yields a variety of opinions.

was the cassette slipping? all freehub bodies will get marks on them

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Jazz Marimba posted:

i'm considering getting schwalbe marathon tires cuz i'm sick of getting flats, but they have 35 different models on their site...obvi i can skip the e-bike ones, but does anyone have any recs for the other, idk, 31 models?

Marathon greenguard are good. Almost as puncture resistant as marathon plus but lighter and cheaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

If the tube kept popping and it keeps leaking air when tubeless id assume it's time for a new tyre if its old.

Assuming you've checked the rim tape first! Also for any cracks in the rim, cause that happened to me once :(

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jan 6, 2022