Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Sweet, looks perfect for that scenery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
This is my new electronic bicycle, it is red.
Trek Domane+ SLR 9 eTap 🙀

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
So sick

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

That's an e-bike size DT jesus. Nice whip.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
It is as fast as my Aspero on the flats with the assist off which is pretty nuts.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

eeenmachine posted:

This is my new electronic bicycle, it is red.
Trek Domane+ SLR 9 eTap 🙀

Do you have the shortest legs out there?

dema
Aug 13, 2006

evil_bunnY posted:

That's an e-bike size DT jesus. Nice whip.

It is an e-bike.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bikes/road-bikes/performance-road-bikes/domane/domane-slr/domane-slr-9-etap/p/36744/?colorCode=white

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Do you have the shortest legs out there?

30” inseam on a 54 frame, weep for me.

Edit: I was also adjusting the poo poo out of everything trying to get rid of a horrible creaking sound in the seatpost/clamps so it might have been low at that point.

eeenmachine fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jan 30, 2023

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Oh lol I didn't know they reused their normal names for assisted bikes. And lmao at that price.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

evil_bunnY posted:

Oh lol I didn't know they reused their normal names for assisted bikes. And lmao at that price.

It is a different frame, there is a removable battery inside the down tube as well as a mid-drive motor.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

evil_bunnY posted:

Yeah if it has a "+" in the name it's electric. Or an "e" like the fuel EX-e, or E-caliber. Or uhhh, if it's called the powerfly or rail. hmmm. trek's e-bike naming isn't consistent at all now that I think about it.

cannondale just adds "neo" to everything.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
I don't know much about bikes, but what's the draw for a high performance kitted out ebike?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Tech bro toys

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Hutzpah posted:

I don't know much about bikes, but what's the draw for a high performance kitted out ebike?
Idk, but if just one person decides to spend the money one instead of a car I can't be mad.

Yeep
Nov 8, 2004

Hutzpah posted:

People with lots of disposable income and rich cyclist friends who want to go on group rides but aren't fit enough to keep up, and don't want to look out of place in a pack where everyone else is full carbon dura-ace.

edit: especially on destination holidays like this https://trektravel.com/why-trek-travel/gear/electric-assist-bikes/

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Hutzpah posted:

I’m a rich dentist but I also enjoy stretching group rides by riding to/from. I can use the assist to/from and not at all/sparingly on the group ride (bike is only 28lbs).

And to be an even bigger rich rear end in a top hat I bought two identical bikes and am gifting one to my longtime neighbor and riding partner who is in his 70s and has been riding forever but never owned a new bike.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

eeenmachine posted:

I’m a rich dentist but I also enjoy stretching group rides by riding to/from. I can use the assist to/from and not at all/sparingly on the group ride (bike is only 28lbs).

And to be an even bigger rich rear end in a top hat I bought two identical bikes and am gifting one to my longtime neighbor and riding partner who is in his 70s and has been riding forever but never owned a new bike.

You rule gently caress the haters

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
Lol that's wild, and the only use case I could have imagined.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

I have a friend that I've been riding with since I was ten. She was competitive back in the 70s, but time catches up with even the most dedicated cyclist.
An ebike that is as close to a regular bike is great for letting her keep enjoying her sport the way she wants to. gently caress tha haters, and please give an epic pull to the fans.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

eeenmachine posted:

(bike is only 28lbs).

How much does it weigh with the battery out?

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

bicievino posted:

I have a friend that I've been riding with since I was ten. She was competitive back in the 70s, but time catches up with even the most dedicated cyclist.
An ebike that is as close to a regular bike is great for letting her keep enjoying her sport the way she wants to. gently caress tha haters, and please give an epic pull to the fans.

I am 55 and recovering from a heart procedure, and the recovery process was not going as smooth as I was hoping. But everything is starting to turn for the better. Still, I am glad bikes like that exist in case I ever want one so I can still get out on the road and cover some distance.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

kimbo305 posted:

How much does it weigh with the battery out?

I was wrong the complete bike is 26.79 lbs so with the 360Wh battery being 4.03 lbs I guess it would weigh 22.76 lbs with the battery removed. You're just stuck with the integrated motor at around 4 lbs at that point.

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game

eeenmachine posted:

I was wrong the complete bike is 26.79 lbs so with the 360Wh battery being 4.03 lbs I guess it would weigh 22.76 lbs with the battery removed. You're just stuck with the integrated motor at around 4 lbs at that point.
That's lighter than my main bike. That's amazing.

Crumps Brother fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 31, 2023

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Crumps Brother posted:

Looking at the bike closer I don’t think the battery is intended to be removable. You have to drop the motor to slide the battery out. So realistically you’re probably stuck with a 26 lb bike.

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime

Crumps Brother posted:

Same, wtf.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Hutzpah posted:

For MTB less work uphill and more time pointing down without compromising the ride too much. For road bikes I have no idea unless it's a 28mph model. A euro pedelec road might help a bit up hills I guess.

eeenmachine posted:

That's a very menchy thing to do, nice job

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

I am 55 and recovering from a heart procedure, and the recovery process was not going as smooth as I was hoping. But everything is starting to turn for the better. Still, I am glad bikes like that exist in case I ever want one so I can still get out on the road and cover some distance.
If you don't think about it too much, it's easy to just assume that you'll ride as normal until one day you can't, and then shortly afterwards you'll die. But if you *do* think about it, it's much more likely to be a process. Which is not necessarily cheerful in itself, but if there's assistive tech to help keep you going, well, I'm glad it's there and I'll happily start using it when the time comes.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
nice shot of my crap mtn bike, I'm ready for spring

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

From this year's Huracan 300, more over in the bikepacking thread

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Withnail posted:

nice shot of my crap mtn bike, I'm ready for spring

Where on the front range is this? Those wood pieces look like Marshall Mesa area but the angle seems a little off from what I’d expect

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I'm normally a sucker for curved fork legs, but what in the world am I looking at here?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

CopperHound posted:

I'm normally a sucker for curved fork legs, but what in the world am I looking at here?

the bike on the right is a 29er ;)

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

that’s the most noodly bike i’ve ever seen

i want to ride it

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

vikingstrike posted:

Where on the front range is this? Those wood pieces look like Marshall Mesa area but the angle seems a little off from what I’d expect

it's at the northern tip of marshall lake

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
Sunny but freezing Massachusetts weather makes for great pics in places normally packed with people

and some non-bike pics

rode out to Nahant, going through Revere beach

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Phthisis posted:

and some non-bike pics
mods

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
Shot on iPhone.