Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
Our winter has finally turned from a wet, dark, lovely excuse to some decent snow and sun, so I rode to work for a meeting.
The commute:
The meeting "room":
The happy rider:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

compressioncut posted:

Me again.

I did something like 30km on it today (E&N/Goose loop, for the locals). No bibs, unpadded carbon saddle, 17cm of saddle to bar drop. And it was pretty good? Shockingly so, almost comfortable. It also has a no electronics rule so it will never appear on Strava.

That is cool and good. Very nice bike, very aesthetic, no electronics is a cool rule.

kimbo305 posted:

Left to right:
- cross lever
- Gravity dropper switch
- extension mount
- uhh... loop of brake cable cuz I couldn't route from the cross lever down to the cable hanger
- flat bar Alfine IGH shifter filed out to fit into 23.8mm bar
- cross lever

This is also very nice.

I kind of want both of those bikes.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

trufflefoo posted:

Found this bridge/viaduct thing. Apparently it’s from a film or something…

I think I recognize it. The Bridge on the River Kwai, right?

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
I'm pretty interested in belt drive, but my experience with IGHs is putting me off. They're either very expensive or break easily, or both, and having stuff on my bike I don't understand and can't maintain myself feels bad. Are the good IGHs really good enough to keep up with a belt drive, or are you just replacing chain maintenance with more risks for shifting issues?

Regular derailleurs are both reliable and mechanically simple, so tinkering and keeping them working is pretty easy.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
I found a wall. It came with a free church.

eeenmachine posted:

Pretty bike 🤩

That bike is amazingly hot

Phosphine fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
I'm gonna get tan sidewalls for my commuter, just because you claim they're out.