Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a loathsome bird
Aug 15, 2004

redcheval posted:

I am a bike baby who has only been riding my townie cruiser that I dug out of storage around my neighborhood for the last couple months. I feel like I lucked out in a major way by finding this at the bike shop this morning, the sole hot mayo Midnight Special, and in my size no less. Hot dog. I absolutely love it. I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to bikes but I'm pretty pumped about it, and already fantasizing about getting a brown leather saddle and brown grip tape to make it all coordinated.

:hellyeah: bike buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a loathsome bird
Aug 15, 2004

Biggus Duckus posted:

Trying out some new gear

What fork cages are you using there? Looking at Salsa Everything Cages and their various alternatives but it seems like everything is on back order except the full EXP+drybag package.

a loathsome bird
Aug 15, 2004

1990 Bridgestone RB-2 - forgive the bad photo, only one I got. Broke it in with a 70 mile ride this morning and it rides like a cloud. Perfect weather, new old bike, good times.

a loathsome bird
Aug 15, 2004

bicievino posted:

My tandems are very hard to no-hands, so I don't think wheelbase is that huge a variable.

Wheelbase by itself isn't, but when you increase the wheelbase without changing the rider placement then you change the weight distribution and make your own corrective ability by leaning forward or backward less effective (assuming you mean solo on the tandem, two riders is a whole different issue).

The hardest two bikes I have no-handed are a 20" BMX and my looongtail cargo bike so basically the widest possible range of wheelbases lol.

edit: picture for the picture thread-

a loathsome bird fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 7, 2023