Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

WHOA THERE BUDDY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

You're the goner. Sorry

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

h3r0n posted:

I'm really liking them so far but I haven't really hit anything yet with them.

I mostly ride fixed gear, so, as I've been riding more mtb this year, I sorta have to remind myself NOT to try and pedal through everything. I've struck my Chromag Synths a whole poo poo ton of times already and you couldn't tell from looking at 'em

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

spwrozek posted:

Colorado....smoke....bad....

Not riding also bad though... Not sure it was worth it tonight though.

Soft excuses from softer legs.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

spwrozek posted:

I also want to do Arkansas.

Get at me about this.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

vote_no posted:

On the topic of heat, I got all of my 7iDP armor in and though it's all really great and I feel safe and happy... I can imagine being very unhappy if the temperatures were high.

Which model? I just got a pair of the Sam Hills. I'm only a single 20mi ride in with them and I haven't crash tested them yet (#blessed), but I'm happy with them. The weather was pretty cool for us, so I was sorta happy to have the extra layer, but I found them to be really comfortable.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

spwrozek posted:

Today was the first time in 13 years riding that I crashed so hard that I was unable to continue. We were shuttling the Windsor trail in Santa Fe. Not really sure what happened but OTB into some rocks was the TLDR. I tried my best to find the line between deep rear end bruise and broken femur I think. Arm and back are all scrapped up as well. I can weight my leg trying to actually walk and move it around is brutal. Really lucky that I was able to push the bike a 1/4 mile to the road and call for a pick up. I am out for a while I think but could have been worse.

Rough day. See you for the ride on Sat!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

spwrozek posted:

I mean...Not ruling it out. Do you have what the shoot hockey player's up with? I am sort of walking around and I have high hopes of at least trying.

I'll order some smelling salts. You'll be fine.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

spwrozek posted:

From what I have seen of Bentonville (haven't been my self)

It's looking like deong and I are heading that way in Dec. I'll get you a commemorative spoon

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Anyone tried out the PNW Loam grips? I've been eyeballing them for a bit now, so figured I'd see if anyone has any input before I order a pair

vikingstrike posted:

You can install them with enough rubbing alcohol. There’s a video on their site I believe.

Yeah, I always use either hairspray or rubbing alcohol (whichever I find in the cabinet first)

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

spwrozek posted:

I started stationary bike riding at about 6 weeks, really slow,

Isn't that just how you ride bikes?

Also, Ruby this week?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

thatguy posted:

My dog bit spwrozek immediately after he brought us some liquor, I dont know what scale of atrocity it is, but somewhere between the holocaust and Stalin purges, especially since he didn't skimp

As someone who has to fight to get spwrozek to even meet up for a beer, GOOD DOG

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

yoohoo posted:

It’s supposed to hit single digit lows over the next three nights... I don’t need to be concerned about leaving my bike in the garage, do I? It’s insulated but still gets pretty cold out there

If you're cold, they're cold.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

iospace posted:

Some of us ride in snow using 700x38cs!

Same, except 28cs and fixed gear. It's never on purpose, but it happens a few times a year

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Lol at thinking you're hot poo poo for being faster than children

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

me your dad posted:

I need to revisit these packs. I just looked up the 2L Hot Laps and it looks perfect. I really do hate the way stuff looks on my bike. I'm probably in the minority, but I'd rather have a bag hanging off my body than strapped to my bike.

me your dad posted:

I'm in a hot and humid environment (summer 90+°F with 65+%) but I'm used to it. I wore a Cambelbak MULE for a decade and only stopped using it because I put a bottle cage on my bike. I still use it for really big rides and it doesn't bother me in the heat.

I also saw this Stealth Dakine, which may do the trick. I don't need more water.

I've got the Dakine 1.5L Hot Laps and it does everything I need (hold my phone, a few snacks, and, occasionally, an extra water bottle ). That said, I've been very tempted by that Stealth pack, since I tend to wear mine under my jersey anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

DeesGrandpa posted:

I don't get hip packs as-is, I always find them super bouncy or cinched down waaaaay too tight. I do wonder if I tried it with some kind of suspenders if I'd have better luck.

lol deong was just saying this same thing the other day before realizing he was essentially describing a backpack