Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I would prefer to be referred to as a non-gendered sweaty bear.

Haven't hit any trails since the pandemic hit, being afraid of people, but have been jonesing to do something other than riding around my neighbourhood bike paths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Getting a hardtail first will make you want to pony up for a better full-suspension too, so it's win-win for everything except your wallet

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

You can take my rough tech from my numb dead legs. :freep:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I got a Talon 2 27.5" as my starter bike in PNW and I still love it.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Been a while since I was last here...

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

It can be the same on the Canada side, technical climbs are kind of few and far between. Even then you have jackasses that go up the fire road to downhill the one climb trail in a network, because that is the mentality for most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Cactus Ghost posted:

car bad, train bike good

I've seen it said that mountain biking is a hobby that inherently requires a car, to drive the bike to the trail head. These people seem to either not understand the point of bikes having drivetrains, or they live in some infinite urban/suburban hellscape that they need to drive hundreds of miles to escape. Both cases are alarmingly common, so I usually just assume both. People stuck in those situations just think it's impossible to do it any other way. It's kinda like people that drive their car by themselves to their job and are convinced it's the only possible way to commute.