Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
An early 2000s Rockhopper showed up on Craigslist in my area for $250. Besides being a crappy deal, is there any big reason I wouldn’t want such an old bike for messing around on easy trails until the bike market goes back to normal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Had a real surprise this morning. Saw a trail listed on my county's website that wasn't on MTB Project or Singletracks. Since it was right behind a senior center and listed as a walking/biking trail, I figured it would be a casual, wide path that would keep me out of the sun. Instead, it looks like the county put a decent amount of effort into a mountain bike trail last year and then promptly forgot about it. I feel bad that it's not seeing more use. What's the best way to let other people know it exists?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

thatguy posted:

I built this just 4 u levitate

This one picture shows more elevation than in the entire state of Michigan so plz b careful

This is the longest stretch of singletrack I've seen without rocks or roots. It's beautiful.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

I got excited and bought a pair of Chester pedals to go with the bike that’s getting here in a few days. The pins on the pedals are much more horrifying in person than they looked online. Are these things gonna tear my shins open, or do they really keep your feet in place?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

New bike arrived today! My excitement was slightly dampened by the bent front rotor, which I spent half an hour working on and still couldn't quite get rid of all the rubbing. :suicide:

Baronash fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 21, 2021

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

this poo poo annoys me to no end. local name in our scene has been running these big group events for 6 months now. some of these people already gave each other covid and got real sick. loving idiots.

It's hard for me to imagine a cyclist hearing "potential for permanent lung damage" and not immediately locking themselves in a hermetically-sealed chamber.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

I just park next to whoever has the bike with the most carbon fiber. No keys to keep track of or combos to remember!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Any Asheville-area goons who can recommend a good trail really close to the city? I'll be on a work trip and I'm looking for something I could get on in the evenings.