Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PuErhTeabag
Sep 2, 2018

evil_bunnY posted:

This is 100% the way to do touch points TBH. If you like something and it fits you, it'll 100% get discontinued by the time you need to replace it.

I've personally experienced this with trail running shoes. And I tried to play the game of "wait for it to go on sale and stock up" with very limited success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuErhTeabag
Sep 2, 2018
All this talk about dropper posts reminds me of my friend who had the rebound damper fail on his first gen dropper post so that it would just nail him in the balls.

PuErhTeabag
Sep 2, 2018
Clipless on one side sounds like it should work for you, so why not try it?

Because having your bike look good matters sometimes, you could run dual pedals that have flats and clipless. You could also take the cleat out of the one side of some bike shoes that have decently grippy bottoms.

This might also prevent the dumbasses who criticize your choice from noticing it while you are riding.

The biggest advantage to the eggbeater style is weight, in my opinion, so I'd look at SPD options first.

PuErhTeabag
Sep 2, 2018

VelociBacon posted:

Just chiming in to say don't be surprised if that click is from something completely different. It's harder to find the source of clicks while pedalling than basically anything in the world and this occasionally turns out to be from a headset, chainring bolts, seatpost/seat interface, etc.

Doesn't hurt to replace the BB if it's not a super expensive one and to keep the old one as a spare.

True. I once had a clicky creak that was from a loose chainring bolt.

PuErhTeabag
Sep 2, 2018

Bud Manstrong posted:

Riding in smoke isn’t worth it. Speaking from too much experience. Good resources are PurpleAir and the US fire and smoke map.

Those are nice. I've also looked at windy.com, which has some other interesting layers as well, although those are less useful for riding purposes.