Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
I'm not partial to purple on my own bikes but that's gonna look real cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Bottom Liner posted:

Just packed my bike for TNGA. Leaving Wed and start riding Thursday.

https://bikepacking.com/routes/trans-north-georgia-tnga/

:black101:
Sounds awesome. Can't wait to see your pictures.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
Just want to say than I'm glad you're back riding, glad you're enjoying it, and I hope you keep riding and posting about it.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Mexican Radio posted:

when a bike is involved, if you're not sure you should do something it means you should do it

I know the poster already signed up for the event (which is awesome), but this is eternal truth when it comes to bikes. Push yourself.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
My buddy had a bachelor party this weekend and he said he wanted to do three things, and only three things:
1) eat well and drink good Scotch
2) shoot some guns
3) ride bikes

I got there Friday night and was immediately handed a delicious burger and a glass of Lagavulin 16. Then I was handed another glass, and another, and another... until 3am.

At 9:30 we woke up, groggy as anything, and began prepping to go to the bike park at Loon Mountain in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Half the guys there didn't ride and rented their bikes (Rocky Mountain Altitude A30s). I've ridden a few times with my dude on trails, and a lot on road, so he brought one of his bikes for me to use since I only own roadies for now. He also brought his Ibis Ripmo AF for himself.

Ragley Big Wig with a 150mm Suntour Auron, Deore, and TRP 4-pot brakes.

I was a bit hesitant about riding a hardtail at a park since both would be a first for me, but he assured me that I would have a good time. He said he built the Ragley to match the Ibis geo and that it would do well at a park that currently only has green and blue trails.

HE WAS RIGHT, IT loving RULED. I'M STILL PUMPED A WHOLE DAY LATER. It was already on there but getting a mountain bike just shot waaaaaaay up my list of Wants.

I woke up this morning sad that there was no more riding but when we arrived at the spot to do some shooting, there was a hike in. He wasn't willing to leave the bikes in the truck so we became pack mules for ammo and I was happy to hop on the Ragley again for a short while.

I'm not about to call myself great, but I was feeling very confident in the park after I went down the first time and was quickly going faster than my buddy and the other few who regularly rode mountain. Even hit a jump trail for the last run. I'd love to have the chance to get out and ride on my own and learn more. I already felt this way but A++ would definitely mountain bike again.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
edit: nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Voodoofly posted:

New bike day to replace the one stolen in June.

Kickass, welcome back to the two-wheel world