Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009

vikingstrike posted:

For the space, the Lasko blowers are hard to beat. They push more air than my Vornado and take up comparable area.

Definitely seconding the Lasko. I start out actually cold for the first few minutes and actually stay fairly dry during easier rides.

Bonus is that they have a super long cord and have a duplex outlet built in, so I plug my trainer and Surface into the fan so I don't have a mess of cables everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009

Baronash posted:

If you're swapping between biking outside and a trainer, does the bike fling road grime at your walls?

You should be wiping down the rear tire at least before putting the bike on the trainer. This keeps grit from wearing the drum down.

As long as you don't have wet mud on the rear wheel you'll be fine.

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

So I'm a couple days into owning a cycleops wheel on dumb trainer, and I'm looking for a few things to improve my experience. I'm thinking I'll probably graduate to a direct drive smart trainer next year when people start selling them in the spring.

Anyone have recommendations for desks I can set up above my handle bars so I can do productive things/watch youtube/waste electrons? There's a bunch on Amazon but I don't think there ought to be workable solutions under $100. Is there any reason a tall Walmart table wouldn't work?

Maybe I do actually want e-connectivity stuff. I understand there's some adapters that let you turn your dumb trainer into a pseudos-smart trainer; are they worth hassling with? I don't see how they can figure out wattage without having some way to measure load but maybe they're more clever than I am.

I have a bike work stand that I clamp a small piece of plywood into for my laptop to sit on. Killing two birds with one stone.

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

I am having some problems with my bike cadence measurement, its laggy as gently caress and its frustrating. Its a cheap chinese ant+ cadence measurement and the only solution i have found is "you have too much electronic poo poo around your bike dummy!"

Time to get a power meter. Those measure cadence.

Real answer: Does it have a battery? Have you tried replacing it?