Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

We got a Peloton because my wife wants to be popular among her peers and family members. It cost more than my real bike. I rode it today an have some questions:

- My Garmin watch connected through ANT+ kept dropping out for heartrate. Is bluetooth going to work better?
- Is there an option to filter out people from the leaderboard who aren't following the instructor? I want to see how I compare against normal people, not douchebags who are powering a small town with their output in the beginner class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

bicievino posted:

I don't know any of these answers but I think this means you should buy a more expensive real bike.

I'm almost 8 weeks into waiting for components to arrive, I think upgrading parts over time is the correct way to spend the most amount of money on a real bike.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This Garmin Vivoactive 3 is a piece of poo poo connecting to other devices. The ANT+ drops and reconnects constantly throughout the activity, and its bluetooth will not connect at all.

Any recommendations? A better Garmin watch? Chest strap (doesn't seem convenient to use)? Armband?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

nwin posted:

What are you trying to connect it to? Are you using it for outdoor rides instead of a bike computer?

Peloton

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

nwin posted:

Duh, I’m in the indoor thread.

Why are you using your watch? Do you want the activities to sync with garmin connect?

I had that watch and it worked fine with a wahoo tickr X chest strap and their arm strap. I got rid of it for a Venu though because I wanted music while running-it hooks up to the arm strap just fine but I just use the optical one-it’s close enough for me.

Because I already have a watch and don't want to buy more poo poo, but the watch sucks at connecting to Peloton so there goes that.

I'll just get whatever strap is most popular.