Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Uganda Loves Me posted:

Thanks for making this! I usually play heavily modded PvE and I learned a few new things from the OP. I recruited a few friends into the game, and have been having hosting a home server on Ragnarok and The Island so far.

Here are a few mods I like. They're with PvE in mind:

Advanced Motorboats: It's Advanced Rafts, but for motorboats.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1134724238

EZTame: I usually like to play on higher taming rates, because taming takes so long. I realized this was making kibble obsolete, so this was the compromise. You can use 1x taming to maximize the need for kibble, but still tame quickly. It makes the dino hungry.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=898255865

Simple Spawners: You can add critters through .ini files, or you can just add them in game with this mod. Place an object, tell it what kind of critter, how many to spawn, where to spawn, and how often to spawn them.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1295978823

Creature Finder Deluxe: Hit Shift+F8, and you can search every dino on your map by type and level.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1591643730

Awesome Spyglass!: I've tried a few of the spyglass mods, and this one was the most powerful. Tells you how many levels a dino has in each stat, highlights all the creatures around and colors them by friendly/aggressive state.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1404697612

Dino Storage v2: A very powerful mod that does way more than store dinos. It completely changed the way I do breeding. It has an option to automatically claim newborn babies and store them. You can then text search them for the stats you want.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1609138312

Upgrade Table: Lets you upgrade the quality of items for a cost. Nice for mods with items that don't drop at higher qualities, but easily exploitable with crafting skill. You can convert an item to a blueprint, craft the item with the bonus, then make a better blueprint of it. Expensive, but you can max items easily. I only use it with overhauls where upgrades aren't available.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=569786012

All Dinos Allow Guns: Does just what the title says. You can use guns and tools from the back of anything. Doesn't work with some items, but works with most.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1440414363

Dino Pick Up Mod: Shrink a dino and put it on your shoulder.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=870709781

Charcoal baker and Meat Spoiler: Quickly convert wood to charcoal and different types of meat into spoiled meat.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=622608522
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=569786012

Dino Storage v2: A powerful mod that does way more than store dinos. It can automatically claim and store newborns, then allows you to text search them for the stats you want.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1609138312

These need to be in the OP, ESPECIALLY Dino Storage, Awesome Spyglass, and... why did neither of you pick this one up?

Kraken's Better Dinos: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1565015734
Tweaks and adds to various dinos, making things that may have previously been useless more useful, and generally making non-meta tames feel more impactful and meaningful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

The cluster I'm on has a stupid amount of maps, but this was my pre-metal tier base on The Island. I have of course moved Tek stuff in over time, but the layout didn't change:

Better lighting:

Foyer/Trophy Room/Dino Library

Courtyard with a transmitter, teleporter, and some other stuff

This was where I did breeding, and I stuck the replicator there because I didn't have space anywhere else

I'll post my current digs when I have a chance to get some better screen shots.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Here's my current main base on Valguero, built primarily using Castles, Keeps, and Forts: Sci-Fi

It's about 85% finished. I need to finish the wall tops and the towers

The floor of the center tower is the main replicator room, and has some storage terminals. It's still "messy" because this is where most of the moving in happened, and I'm not done organizing. I used a ladder to line up the replicator and generator and clip them into each other, so they look like one structure.

Second floor is the canteen. I'm gonna put tables and chairs in eventually, but :effort:

Third floor is the crafting lab. You can see the stuff on top, which is placed on a gantry built inside the center room and accessed via ladder. Why did I do it this way?

So I could OSHA the grinder, that's why. Yes, it's pretty much just so I could make a railing around the hopper and shredder parts.

The next floor is a big empty room with a bed. Eventually, I'll put artifact pedestals and trophy mounts and other cosmetic stuff, but again, :effort:. I did make a balcony though.

Finally, the top of the tower is the greenhouse.

edit: Bonus shot of the four yards lit up at night by the stadium lights.

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 26, 2020

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Wipfmetz posted:

Back when I've played (2015 according to Steam) you were either raided to poo poo after 2-3 weeks. And if you avoided that, then the game turned into a huge grindfest of "LARGER NUMBERS" (see: dinosaurs taking hours in the 2-digit-zone to tame).

Basically, it became unfun to everbody who couldn't log in into the game every 5 or 10 hours.

Did anything change in that regard?

(Not trying to sound too, I'm having some good memories)

Nope. Which is why 100% of Goons agree that unofficial servers with multipliers is the way to play. PVP or not, I'm 30 years old and work 9-5, I don't have time to deal with some poopsock alpha tribe wiping my base when I'm not around and harassing me when I do have the time to play.

Plus I hate the PVP meta of a labyrinthine puzzle box base.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Depends posted:

A lot of the dino overhaul mods end up being way overtuned to the point that it ends up making the game a breeze once you get one of the super tames but Krakens Better Dinos is pretty decent with mostly QoL additions.
But especially for the addition of "barrel of monkeys" as an ammo for the gigantopithecus set to turret mode. It tosses a barrel that breaks into about 10 monkeys which then start flinging poo at whatever the target is.

I have a sticky note saying to make an army of Gigantopithecus using the KBD Ape Armor and some really nice swords and helmets.

I want to see if I can planet of the apes some/any of the bosses.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Bitcoin420 posted:

This sounds good as gently caress - I'm a UK goon so if my ping isn't dogshit I'd be up for this

As someone with really good ping, I promise you you'll still miss half of your tranquilizer shots.

loving buggy rear end piece of poo poo.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I am pretty sure every weapon in the game is actually ballistic and has a physical projectile which leaves the weapon, which is behind a lot of the "jank."

Based on what I've experienced, the various flavors of tranq darts are the "exception" to the hitscan-or-very-nearly properties other firearms have. The AR for example seems almost indistinguishable from hitscan mechanics, as does the simple rifle bullet from the longneck.

This might be a function of travel time where everything except the darts are extremely fast, but ultimately it leaves you guessing half the time because the client will register a hit but the server will register a miss, and since the client plays back animations before the server "approves" them, you end up with argents that have 30 tranq arrows in their face but no torpor on the bar.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Batigh posted:

Yup, most guns are hitscan, but it's a lovely implementation where the server does not give a drat where you think the target is, only where the server knows the target is. So, lead all hitscan weapons by a distance appropriate for your ping, and lead all projectile weapons for their ping-appropriate distance plus the projectile's travel time. Tranq darts are specifically projectiles with a fairly slow velocity, while all regular bullet types are hitscan. Stones fired from a sling and all the various flavors of arrows are projectiles.MEK and TEK rifle shots are really fast projectiles, AFAIK, but don't quote me on that last bit, I rarely progress far enough to use them.

Once you get the hang of this, it isn't as difficult as it sounds, but it'll never stop being an extra hassle without going full single player or at least being on the same LAN as the server.

Yeah, the "lead by ping" neatly wraps up the weird behavior I was seeing with the shotgun vs. Attack Drones during overseer.

Which is surprisingly easy to solo with a tek suit, a good shotgun, and a lot of patience.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

queeb posted:

this is fun but i feel totally lost hitting level 80 immediately. i might play around single player with slower exp gain to figure out how to play

So something to remember is that you don't have to spend XP/Engram points right away. If you feel overwhelmed, feel free to do nothing with the points. You'll effectively remain level-whatever-you-were, which can help take the edge off.

Also, Mindwipe tonics exist. So nothing is permanent.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

RadioPassive posted:

One of the mods instantly unlocks all the engrams for the level you hit. The Engram Points economy was dumb so it’s modded out.

Oops. Well, point still stands regarding stats. I'm not really sure what optimal stats look like for PVP servers anymore. My PVE characters generally go up to 300 health, 200-300 damage, and the rest in weight.

As for the Babby's First Beach Bob experience, as overwhelming as it might feel, your first focus should be getting a tame you can ride. From there, ARK is really Jurassic Pokemon: you want to amass a collection of tames that will allow you to fight other dinosaurs. You may notice that spears kinda suck for killing things other than dilos and other small poo poo. Generally, my goal with my first tames is:

1) Something I can ride that can take hits. Even if it's just a Parasaur, it keeps me from being instantly turned to burger by raptors.
2) Something that can fly, aka a Ptera because you can bola the thing down for tranqing.
3) If I'm feeling saucy, I try and get an Argent at this point, because while a Ptera gets you around fast, the Argent lets you get somewhere, load up on resources, and get home. Can be a bit of a pain to get one though if you're still in the early game and don't have good armor or a crossbow yet. It's somewhat less of a concern to get one early when you have Dino Storage, because the big advantage is that beyond the resource weight reduction they can also carry your utility tames like...
4) Anky, Doed, and Beaver. Pro tip: to harvest metal, carry the anky and fly close to the rock with your argent, let the anky break it and fly to the next rock. Lots of metal and braindead easy.
5) Fightmans tames like Sabers and larger carnivores.

Other than that, it's pretty standard survival game fare. Build boxes to store your poo poo. Put bigger, stronger boxes around those boxes to keep people from stealing your poo poo. Add spikes and guns to those boxes to stop people from smashing your boxes. Cry when they smash your boxes anyway, quit for a week in a huff, then come back and do it all again.

Also: If you actually don't want poo poo stolen, don't build your houses out of anything less than stone.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Uganda Loves Me posted:

Glad that was helpful!

Does anyone have any suggestions for a system to distribute bullets to S+ turrets? The mods I found on the workshop seemed to have issues. Should I just load the turrets ahead of time? It'd be nice if they just pulled ammo as needed.

Automating I don't know, but S+ should have an advanced transfer tool. As I recall, you select the source type, items, and destination type, with some optional filters like source name and the amount of item you want transferred.

With multiple destinations of the same type (say, 3 vaults), without specifying a vault by name it will divide the pull between the three. So with turrets, you can figure out how many bullets for each turret, multiply by the number of turrets, and set up a transfer of that number of bullets. It's not smart enough to go "don't transfer any if more than X in destination" or anything like that, but it's something.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Uganda Loves Me posted:

Ready to set sail for the place formerly known as Herbivore Island.

Hmmm...

It's coming right for us!

Uh oh!

At least the otter survived.

So that is why you were asking about putting bullets in turrets...

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

doomrider7 posted:

By the way, you REALLY need to add Crystal Isles to your cluster if you're gonna do one. That map has EVERYTHING, including farmable Element for Tek tier stuff so all you really need are the engrams and you can just go there to farm crafting Element and construct the stuff over there and simply port it back.

Counterpoint: CI seems to be in a really weird place and I'm not sure if the bugginess is native to the map or the mods running on the cluster I'm on. What I do know is that the admin seems to have to do a lot of work to keep it running smooth. It might very well be the expansion mod that the original creator of the map has out. Still, buyer beware.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

bus hustler posted:

I'm level 147 and can't build a tek replicator? Should I be able to?

No. Tek Engrams are not level gated--they are boss gated. Technically someone could carry a beach bob through all the alpha bosses, and he'd have Tek before stone.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Engrams#Tekgrams

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Is increasing your movement speed advised? Seems to go up so crazy slow so it doesn't seem like it'd have a big impact but it's hard to tell.

If you're using a ground mount for travel, it can be helpful. On yourself, it's useful in the event you have to book it away from something fast. After a while though, with a large number of tames player stats take lower and lower priority. Dinos are always* better than you at everything, so level enough HP to not melt instantly, and put the rest in weight.

*: Not applicable to modded servers where you might have super cool modded stuff that lets you out-mine an anky.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

doomrider7 posted:

What about regular craft? I've not put any points into crafting, but that sounds dope as gently caress. In other news, Rock Drakes are Uber Awesome.

Rock Drakes are my Genesis MVP. Normally on Aberration I just fly around in a tek suit, but without that option on Gen, climby glidy rock drake is the best bet.

They suck for fighting though. At least compared to more traditional fighting tames.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

doomrider7 posted:

Really? Because my Drake just murders EVERYTHING in about 2-3 bites. Only tame that does more damage is my Lightning Wyvern.

Edit: Could be right though since my Spino also does a lot of dps.

I've found rexes have bigger bites for the speed, and things like spinos are quicker for nearly the same damage. The drake's animation takes so long that I'm pretty sure just about any of my fightman dinos (Rexes, Theris, Velonasaur, and Deinon) will outbid it in a DPS race.

A big part of this is the same problem wyverns have: you can't get bonus levels from taming efficiency. Either way, the drake does its job for me--crazy taxi.

BRB painting my drake yellow and black.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

nightwisher posted:

:siren:Hidana Cave Castle Raid Event:siren:

Raid Castle Event is officially live!

Important information:
Location - Hidana Cave (co-ords 45,32)

Outside the main entrance:

Outside the rear entrance:

Inside the cave:

The castle:

The vault within:

Break into the fortress found deep within the cave, reach the castle and destroy the tek shield generator located inside, protecting the ultimate goal - A vault teeming with extremely good blueprints, tek gear and items, cryopodded special unique creatures with higher than max level caps and more. Within the cave you will find towers, houses and huts. These contain lootcrates, and a few of the towers contain the tek generators powering the defences. These should be your priority before approaching the castle. The creatures defending the cave are extremely powerful - expect a tough fight! They are wearing mastercraft/ascendant saddles, and the turrets have a lot of ammo inside them, so don't forget to loot them after you destroy them.

There is no time limit or event end date - once it has been stripped bare, the event ends. Anyone can participate, and feel free to band together to improve your chances.

Ok, this is some real effort.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I play on Windows 10, so no mods. I'm on Valguero and these days I can pretty reliably beat the gamma bosses, so I want to give the betas a try. My rexes all have like 300% damage and 16000 hp, so not even close to enough. I want to breed some new tougher rexes, get some mutations, but I have to hatch like 25 eggs to get one mutant. Is this really the best way to get beta-boss-quality rexes? Also, is there an easy way to tell which stat is mutated? I really wish I was on steam, I know there are great breeding mods, but sadly I'm stuck on Win10.

As a side now, I'm considering switching maps since Valguero has been fully explored. Does anyone else rent server space from Nitrado? Do you know the best way to switch maps while saving all your structures and dinos on your old map, so you can come back to it?

You can also go and try to hunt for high stats. On vanilla, you really want to be starting your mutation lines with lots of wild levels in melee and HP because of how big of a pain in the dick it is. You might even be able to get away with just finding some high wild stats in HP, Stam, and Damage, mashing them together, and throwing a good saddle on it.

Problem with unmodded Ark is that even with favorable multipliers, time is still not on your side.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Does it still respect the tame number limit? Or can you do 20 rexes + 1 giga for instance?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

So after two failed attempts at soloing Rockwell because I have poo poo situational awareness of the orbs, I press-ganged 3 other people from my cluster to help out, and boy howdy do extra bodies make that fight easy. Two of them on orb duty, two of us on tentacle duty, and 12 megalosaurus on Rockwell himself. No casualties, only a couple points of armor damage, and some alpha ascensions all around.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

doomrider7 posted:

So yeah. Dino Storage v2 is impossibly OP. Just died doing something stupid un the Lava Cave with my one Rock Drake when we fell in the lava she was likely gonna die. I just used admin soul recovery and BAM, back like nothing. I had already known this would work since I did it before when I lost a Bulbdog on a mountain in Valguero(found her afterwards) and it also works as a "Dino Dupe".

Edit: Got there in time so now I have two Rock Drakes.

You can disable that via INI. Or at least, I think you can. I know it's not an option on my cluster.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Boba Pearl posted:

The last I played was handful of years ago, and the only content was training dinos for raiding, and then going raiding. There was no real end game for pve, does this game still have no end game for PvE?

Bosses and caves still.

PvE is basically a fancy base building simulator.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Horray I lost days of progress and I was powerless to stop it yaaaayyyy

They need to fix the bug in the game that let's you play online with people you don't know.

My complaint from the start was they didn't copy EVE Online's reinforcement timers so that if you wanted to wipe someone out you needed to come back at a time when they know you'll be there.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Harton posted:

Yeah it’s probably hard to be a loving crybaby and play this game. My buddy got real sad after losing a bird.

You sound like a real prize.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Harton posted:

Sorry I was doing a bit that in retrospect wasn’t all that funny.

I’m still happy about the fall over into the swamp joke though.

The swamp part was funny. I, however, will not be building in the swamp. gently caress leeches.

bus hustler posted:

We all kinda got bored at that level, then it was just another gear grind game. There's obviously tons of stuff you can do but with the base game none of the other mechanics are engaging enough.

Like we started breeding and its an entire almost inexplicable mechanic that's also a huge real world time sink.

I dunno, the most fun was exploring and it all seeming new but once it's an extremely janky halo clone it wasnt fun. The base building is kind of shallow and very "set it once and forget it" and also extremely janky so it does not feel at all rewarding to rebuild.

Yeah, and this is what I'm really on about when I talk about time and effort. The idea of people being able to come around and gently caress with your tames while you need to protect them from getting hit for the duration is neat, but in practice it means you'll just get frustrated when the seagull you didn't see divebombs the beach critter you're taming and knocks off half the taming effectiveness. The idea of being able to breed amazingly powerful creatures is some cool beastmaster poo poo, but in practice it means hundreds of hours of raising babies that will get wiped out the first time someone with a larger force rolls through.

Plus, the ARK netcode and general jank makes PVP just as likely to come down to luck as skill. I'm guessing things are better on small tribes servers and servers with regular progress wipes or admin-run events to keep things fresh, but I'd have more fun cheese-gratering my dick than I would PVPing on official or even most unofficial servers.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

lol

ARK 2 is official. Vin Diesel is in it.

Where the gently caress does this studio get this money, and how can they not get their actual game stable and optimized?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

bus hustler posted:

Am I understanding the lore right, is Vin Diesel playing the guy who unleashed Tek poo poo and was that him like putting the genie back in the bottle? Or were they showcasing MORE tek poo poo?

I swear the "this place is INCREDIBLY hostile and you know nothing" is the best and only fun way to play this game, once you start learning the lore and mechanics it makes me want to go play any other grinding game like Diablo 3.

I don't know. I enjoy the lore, and wish there was a single player story driven experience for it. It's goofy, but in the cheesy sci-fi way.

Thronde posted:

Holy poo poo that cast list is loving awesome.

Which was even weirder in my mind than the trailer having janky CGI Vin Diesel. I'll be happy if it ends up being a smash hit but also this in Wildcard and their property so I expect something to go fantastically pear-shaped.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

So while I was on a hiatus, the cluster I play on changed the naming rules for dinos. Now all of mine are getting random names, and this gem came out of it:

:dong:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Winkle-Daddy posted:

anyone tried the VR in this? is it any good like no man's sky? or a gimmick, like I'd assume?

I tried it.

Didn't work, but I tried it. I don't think they actually finished development on it which is a very ARK thing :v:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Fruits of the sea posted:

Decided to try this out since it's free. The graphics were hella messed up and stretched until I restarted. Then I walked around a beach and found some turtle looking things that were walking in circles. After about a minute the game told me I had levelled up in giant green block letters.

What's the deal with this game? I'll be honest I came in expecting AAA co-op Horizon Zero Dawn with survival elements but from the screenshots but it feels like old school eurojank so far.

It's very, very jank.

You gain XP from harvesting, crafting, killing things, and also a slow drip passively overtime. The game is extremely pretty, but also not optimized in the slightest and is stuffed to the gills with bugs. It's also extremely grindy if you're playing on a public server that doesn't have rates increased. Raising certain creatures, for example, can require near constant attention for 8 hours for some of the babies.

It's a game you play for a certain niche. There are pretty good mods out there adding new structures, clothes, and creatures. You can also customize rates in server configs to tailor the vanilla experience to exactly what you and your friends are interested in. The previous server I played on had craftable NPC-style items that could handle things like feeding creature babies for you that needed a specific resource like Mead for fuel.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

You can also get deep into the weeds with breeding dinosaurs to try and get a stat-perfect dinosaur. There's tons of stuff written on the internet about how dino breeding works, and tools to help you keep track of your weird dinosaur fuckzoo.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

ark is a game with a fantastic skeleton but awful implementation on most levels. i still played a lot in a goon-run pve server some time ago, but the official servers are poo poo, even without the cheaters the default settings official servers use are absolutely terrible. and with the way they are handling ark and the remake, no fuckin way am i spending a dime on ark 2.

Yeah, this is where it's at. It's a chill game to play with friends, and is best played on private persistent PVE servers with either people you know or people who are chill and just wanna hang out and ride dinosaurs. Before I quit/forgot about things last time I was pretty close to having some perfect stat breeding lines finished, and had soloed several of the bosses, which had given me enough knowledge of each to regularly do runs for the other people on the server to see them as well. I also turned a skiff into a Warhammer-style battleship with like 64 turrets on one side which was absolutely hilarious to watch pop off on world bosses.

Shame about the everything though. It's actually a bit impressive that it is still kicking about outside the private server scene.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

joepinetree posted:

My steam says i have 230 hours of Ark played. I have never even seen a boss.

The first time I did bosses was on my last private server, where I ended up personal challenging myself to do as many as I could solo. I ended up becoming the de-facto guide for people on our cluster who wanted to do The Island, Ragnarok, Abberation, and I think Genesis? It was fun doing The Island solo with a Tek suit and a shotgun. Which was my fallback plan if a 'traditional' run failed--bail out and Iron Man the attempt myself.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

last i heard they were shutting down servers for the original release when the remaster comes out

lmao...

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

nexus6 posted:

I found there to be quite a jump in difficulty when I faced a boss for the first time: I had played enough Ark that I was basically king pimp of The Island but bosses would wreck me in seconds, even with 20 Rexes. I think they're really not designed for singleplayer.

They're not. You really need a combination of cheesy strats and inflated stats to force the issue. It's harder if you're in a situation where you can't get things from other maps. Velonasaurs from Extinction, for instance, are very fun to use but unless you're in a situation where you can bring your velonasaur swarm from Extinction to Ragnarok or something, you can't really use strats involving them. Alternatively, extremely long breeding lines where you've reached nearly perfect combat stats can get a lot of milage. I had a swarm of deinonychus that I'd bred up to within like 50 points of perfect that were absolute monsters as a swarm, though not quite as effective as the same relative statted Rexes. Just more fun because it's a swarm of swarm-buffed bird raptors doing stacking bleeds and poo poo. Gimmicks make things more fun.

And still, things like Extinction bosses will absolutely inflict mass casualties even to a legion of gigas, for instance. I never tried soloing any of those just because the requirements are absolutely loony.

AND EVEN AFTER ALL THAT if you've abandoned the hope of doing a solo run and recruited some buddies, you're still going to have more dinos than riders, and if your riders don't know what the gently caress they're doing/get bad luck and get knocked off or otherwise removed from the fight, you're back to square one. Which has happened to me. Fortunately not on anything I didn't already know some kind of cheese to finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Tsilkani posted:

Well, at least it's a one and done purchase, rather than buying the DLC.

As someone who was there for Scorched Earth's release, I don't trust a goddamn word out of Wildcard's mouth when it comes to monetization.