Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
This game on any pvp server is absolutely hilarious. I have been playing their conquest mode and the following has happened.

-Server being ddosed continously
-Leaders home internet being ddos'd, 2 modems fried
-servers being botcapped repeatedly
-accounts being spoofed to popcorn admin rooms
-Spoofed to delete characters
-Aimbotted
-Servers crashed repeatedly
-Streamers playing in cheater tribes with HWID banned players making videos claiming they were innocent while being involved in all this
-20 members being personally ddos'd during a raid
-spoofed again to popcorn cryofridges
-multiple peoples characters being deleted after logging off for the night, authentication not possible on multiple servers after

Yeah don't play this game, it's full of cheaters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Big-name multi-server tribe PVP in this game is an amazing dumpsterfire of bullshit. I'd be interested to learn more about the character spoofing, as that's a pretty sophisticated attack to pull off vs. 50 bootleg key reseller aimbot accounts logging in to fill server slots (as is tradition).

Giving away free accounts really put the final nail in the coffin. Cheaters have hundreds of accounts to cycle through and official enforcement is non existent as well as no one getting dev wiped for aimbotting.

Spoofing process starts with you getting disconnected then trying to log in gives you "player already on this account" . Character still moves around. I'm not completely sure about specific tech stuff other than it's not specific to steam or epic. One guy got spoofed on the back of a griffin and had his character deleted from the game before his corpse hit the ground.

doomrider7 posted:

Lt. Buzz Lightbeer and Nooblets have some videos detailing this clusterfuck of a dumpsterfire and it's due to BS from the publisher Snail Games being a lovely corp(not that Wildcard is much better).

Nooblets is the only YouTuber I've seen that isn't complicit in the cheating. A lot of content creators in ARK are living in glass houses, some of the biggest pvp streamers actively play with or are themselves cheating. I hate it so much that it's so widely known within the community but they stil choose to make these content creators the face of their game. Not much is going to change while this still happens.

Hilarious the amount of times I've seen tribes cheat their rear end off and still lose though.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

doomrider7 posted:

And yet the game was recently getting totally legit excellent reviews.

PvE is arks main playerbase and cash cow.

Jackard posted:

Yeah official pvp was pretty great during the first few months, the summer of 2015. It went downhill when they started making changes meant to stifle competition. Here's one from the end of July:

Pvp balance was hosed by October, when they introduced Quetzals.

Look up noglins and then know that you can buy a "cap" of them for $2.

Quetzals got worse too, entire frame around them plus mounting a catapult on the top that shoots napalm.

Then there's the space dolphins aka astrodelphis which are basically jet fighters.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Fair enough

Asmongold just posted a video about the snail games corruption on conquest servers, maybe something will come of it. I didn't watch the video because lmao but I recognize his impact on the gaming world.