Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
The bolt holes go all the way through though on that crank? I don't see how they could bottom out. What are they bottoming out on? What's wrong with your bottom bracket that you need to replace it? Also post pics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

kimbo305 posted:

Like spin cycling? Cycling coach? Who are the recruits in this case?

In the UK we have cycling instructors that teach kids at school how to ride safely on the road etc. and also run classes for adults. Guessing he means new instructors when he says recruits.

They don't give out these cool badges anymore though RIP

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I have a friend in London who doesn't know how to bike and is thinking about learning. I don't know if he's aware about these services, are they common knowledge, and if not do you have a link I can send him?

Bikeability is the government scheme that runs a lot of the training in the UK. London boroughs tend to have their own schemes too so depending on where in London he is, there'll be something on his borough website. Quite a few offer free training. Here's a good list of instruction providers although some of the links might be old or dead now: https://www.lfgss.com/comments/7295461/

e: looks like most of the borough links are dead but they have updated pages on their sites. Bikeworks would be my specific recommendation if he's in an area they operate. They do good training and also do a lot of good work in getting disabled and elderly people out on bikes.

kemikalkadet fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 22, 2020

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

Al2001 posted:

Another lo-tech solution

I have that exact sprayer which I turned into a ghetto tubeless inflator. If you take off the long rigid tube, the injector hose from orange seal fits perfectly into the grey nut and attaches to the end perfectly. Before I made it I was trying to devise methods to connect the two to get a good seal then discovered they fit perfectly without any kind of extra modification.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

XIII posted:

I'm good about tacking miles onto my ride home, but I will never wake up early enough to not have to sprint the shortest route possible

I do the opposite. My work is about 4 miles away straight line and in the morning I take a chill detour through a park which brings it up to 6-7 miles. This sets me up pretty well for the day and it also avoids a pretty big hill. On the way home I just want to get home ASAP and smash it along the main road that takes me right there.