Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx
That is such a good post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

iospace posted:

Does anyone know of any tubeless, studded tires? Thanks in advance!

e: 700x38c please

45Nrth has a folding bead, 60tpi version of the Gravdal. Those might be tubeless. Worth an email, anyway. The version of the Kahva with similar specs is tubeless ready, but it’s 29x2.25.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

Mauser posted:

Yes, they could absolutely be easily stolen if left on the bike. I am not sure if I've seen panniers that were meant to be theft-proof.

Regarding indoor storage chat, I think I posted this a bit back in this or another thread, but there are some real cheap stands on the Soma store:

https://www.somafabshop.com/shop/category/accessories-racks-display-storage-943

I got the Ibuki 1 and it's amazing, but quite tall.

I picked up the Kani about a month ago for a steal. It’s great. I was skeptical of the tension system, but it’s solid.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

cool, it’s this discussion again

great job

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

There's a trick to putting on car tires that involves spraying gasoline or starter fluid onto the tire, then lighting it so the pressure difference causes the tire to pop into place. Does that work on bikes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCGnC21g0hc

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

Oveja Negra make great bags. I’ve been all over with their half frame bag. Can’t recommend them highly enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

oXDemosthenesXo posted:

rampage around town honking at people

idk I wouldn’t rule this out