Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

bicievino posted:

Like, I'm struggling to think why someone wouldn't want to wear a sweetass accessory. I guess folks who don't want to muss their hairdos?
it me :blush:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

none of this is even 10% of the peril of a dog on an extender lead in poor visibility

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i keep my dog on a retractor but it stays short unless we're in like a forest or something where bikes and runners aren't

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

XIII posted:

buddy, just wait til I tell you about mountain bikes

i mountain bike. i know where people bike near me

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

maybe the poster with the years-long history of bad faith trolling is simply mistaken this time, better correct him just in case

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

well yeah it’s hard to troll well if you spout complete nonsense, you need some facts in there first to twist and embellish and misrepresent

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

all of europe actually has great cycling infrastructure, i know because i saw a photo of utrecht once

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The best advice I ever got re: saddle height was to pay attention to your hips. If you have to rock them side to side as part of your pedal stroke, your saddle is too high. You want it about as high as it will go while being easily able to keep your hips still on the saddle.

For commuting you might want it a bit lower again than this if it feels more comfortable, but if your hips aren’t rocking you know your saddle isn’t too high at least.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

depending on how the tongue is attached to the upper, they could well be waterproof all the way up

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Am I misunderstanding drop bars, but aren't the hoods and tops of a drop bar basically equivalent to a flat bar? I've always seen drop bars as flat bars with some extra hand positions if you want to be more aerodynamic, there are casual rides when I never even bother going to the drops.

Drop bars are typically narrower than flats, so the handling is a fair bit twitchier

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

kazoo attachment on your helmet imo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

marathons plus are bulletproof but boy do they let you know it every second you’re riding on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SimonSays posted:

Burnt orange is really the only choice.
it’s this unless you want to spring for actual tan leather wrap