Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
GO AWAY LOWTAX?
This poll is closed.
GO AWAY LOWTAX 139 0.14%
GO AWAY LOWTAX 34 0.03%
G0 4W4Y L0WTAX 37 0.04%
GOKU AWAY LOWTAX 100354 99.79%
Total: 100564 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

PureEvil6_13 posted:

This poo poo is weird. I haven't been able to keep up with everything but it's just weird how people that were all 'Lol lowtax! hey buddy!' for years are now 'gently caress you to death with pre-industrial revolution torture devices Lowtax!'

Not saying it's wrong or right, just seeing it is surreal to me.

It wasn't an overnight change. I had seen rumours mentioned for years but SA really isn't about Lowtax at all for me so I had no motivation to look into it. I'd guess a lot of people were in the same boat and had no idea what was going on all these years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Bitchard Kyanaka

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

PureEvil6_13 posted:

On second thought, I'll remove this. I'm sure it will offend someone.

Ha, I caught it and was going to respond. Hell, I'll still do it.

"Fame". That's how. Even if he is only a minor internet celeb.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Yeah the thing that really got me was all the people who were bragging about being ground floor of knowing lowtax is an abuser. All the “lol you guys are just now finding out about this?” stuff from people who should have been outraged if they were so concerned all this time.

Like this poo poo has never been okay and a lot of people chose to never speak of it. It shouldn’t have ever just been forums drama.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

TenementFunster posted:

ground floor of this thread, in which we tell a used-up old moron to gently caress off and let us post in peace

Please don’t tell me to gently caress off

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

The money troubles he got people to donate over. Dear Richard got himself a $400k house, a lease on a GTR, and a freakin' Goldbelly cookie subscription (which can go for like $99 for 12 cookies) with the Patreon funds instead of anything having to do with the forums. Also the spine thing; might be based on something he needed but he's not basically bedridden most of the time like he claimed originally.

And all that we could forgive because we're all internet idiots who try to be supportive, but we must hold ourselves to a higher level of skepticism.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ContraBoss posted:

Has he ever apologized for any numerous instances of him being a toxic, unapologetically spiteful bag of poo poo?

Um, I think you'll find he's never been found guilty of any of this in a court of law and thus he has nothing to apologize for :smug:

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

hey blowtax suck a dog poo poo dildo. if you need one pm me

lol

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Um, I think you'll find he's never been found guilty of any of this in a court of law and thus he has nothing to apologize for :smug:

Also, because of this, he is entitled to your money???

SuperiorColliculus
Oct 31, 2011

Lowtax: I’m getting cancelled

Chris Cornell 2 octaves higher: I’m getting cancelled

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I refuse to appologise for any of my posts till I've had my trial.

A trial by combat that is. c==|=====> have at you!

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

SuperiorColliculus posted:

Chugchug, chugchug, beeeeeeeeoooooooow

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Go smell your toes you fuckhead

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

George posted:

Yeah the thing that really got me was all the people who were bragging about being ground floor of knowing lowtax is an abuser. All the “lol you guys are just now finding out about this?” stuff from people who should have been outraged if they were so concerned all this time.

Like this poo poo has never been okay and a lot of people chose to never speak of it. It shouldn’t have ever just been forums drama.

A lot of people did speak on it friend. On a lot of different topics of shittery he's done too. He or his lads banned them.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

Valko posted:

Ha, I caught it and was going to respond. Hell, I'll still do it.

"Fame". That's how. Even if he is only a minor internet celeb.

poo poo, maybe I'll start saying I'm a youtube hero, or a twitcher, or some bullshit.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

By popular demand posted:

we don't want your front page articles about flags, we don't want your rambling excuses for all your failed relationships, WE WANT YOU GONE.

Speak for yourself. I want more front page articles about flags, I DEMAND more rambling excuses for--specifically Lowtax's--failed relationships, and I for one want Lowtax right here, forever.

Get real Goons. We're through teh Looking Glass here sheeppeople. There is no sale. Lawtox is here to stay. The way it should be. These are his old-rear end decrepit forums. Let him have them.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I still dont understand these 99$ cookies. What are they? Why do they cost so much? Are they made of literal gold?? My cousin brought us macarons with gold flakes in them from some fancy bakery in NYC and even they didn't cost that much :psyduck:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

mind the walrus posted:

My :tinfoil: brain wonders if this is his loser way of trying to prove to his lawyers "The users are unfairly mean to me so I shouldn't have to sell/negotiate a much higher price for the sale"

As far as we know he's the sole owner of the site & LLC, he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. If he decides the pricetag for somethingawful is a million billion dollars and he won't sell for a penny less, that's that. If there was a minority owner it might be different, they could make the case that a million billion dollars is stupid and by hanging on to the site Lowtax is killing the value. Alas I don't think that's in the cards.

He may be fishing around for other buyers to see if he can get more than what Jeffery can afford.

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

not a checkbox poll no vote cast

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Xun posted:

I still dont understand these 99$ cookies. What are they? Why do they cost so much? Are they made of literal gold?? My cousin brought us macarons with gold flakes in them from some fancy bakery in NYC and even they didn't cost that much :psyduck:

They're made with infused, hella concentrated, hand-milked Great White Shark cum. That's why they're so expensive. Its an aphrodisiac.

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

Eat poo poo Lowtax

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

Eat poo poo Lowtax

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Who's this lowtax nobody? Never heard of him.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I think, he will.

I hope your Missouri Business Lawyer put in a clause about preservation of good will so every time Lowtax throws a tantrum you can take a few grand off the purchase price.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Lowtax making that front page article really sucks

Dude if you don't sell this site will die. It will limp along with no one buying poo poo and sooooo many of us will leave. There is a million discords to chill in for starters

Too many of us know.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
maybe everything will work out OK and it was all a big misunderstanding and we will all hug and be happy forevermore

(i thought the sale was already finished...)

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Spinz posted:

Dude if you don't sell this site will die. It will limp along with no one buying poo poo and sooooo many of us will leave. There is a million discords to chill in for starters

So, then, nothing will change and it'll continue to be what it's been for the last 15 years?

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Sure, I'll throw in a "gently caress off" for Rich K.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

So, then, nothing will change and it'll continue to be what it's been for the last 15 years?

No not at all. Once Jeffrey says it's not happening a fuckton of people will leave. Those that stay will fight and be miserable. A few oblivos will post but poo poo will be dead and boring and most importantly not spending money. 10 percent at most of typical on forum sales will happen. In the meantime some real excitement as new off-site is made and discords pack out.

If you actually think SA goes on as before I don't. Not this time

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I hope your Missouri Business Lawyer put in a clause about preservation of good will so every time Lowtax throws a tantrum you can take a few grand off the purchase price.

lol take a few grand off the purchase price? There's no way these forums are worth more than a few hundred dollars.

sisterSyzygy
Sep 5, 2013

The funk soul brother at the back of her head has gone dark. Forever.
Lowtax goes on Joe Rogan to talk about getting banned from his own forum (please don't actually happen)

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
That sucks, I do like this place. I think there's still a lot of good content, especially in PYF.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I've been told getting a gold coin 6er in stickied BYOB thread lowtax posted is a way of saying gently caress you to lowtax so I'm going to go get one

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Klyith posted:

As far as we know he's the sole owner of the site & LLC, he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. If he decides the pricetag for somethingawful is a million billion dollars and he won't sell for a penny less, that's that. If there was a minority owner it might be different, they could make the case that a million billion dollars is stupid and by hanging on to the site Lowtax is killing the value. Alas I don't think that's in the cards.

He may be fishing around for other buyers to see if he can get more than what Jeffery can afford.

In any case, he's definitely poking the bear for a reason and it sucks that SA isn't going to be able to control itself until the deal is finalized.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
:getout:

gently caress off Lowtax!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Look man, I know you're used to stuff blowing over, but this one actually isn't blowing over. The only reason things look calm now is because there's an agreement to sell the site. Otherwise, we're just going to gently caress off like we said.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Can we get whoever still funnels money via Patreon to stop? I figure that might help.