Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The last few transfer windows have broken my brain. £20-25m seems so cheap, even for a 29 year old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

That's a real good signing at an incredible price

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

greazeball posted:

That's a real good signing at an incredible price

Well you have to factor in the bajillion pounds a week he'll be on too but yeah i think tidy bit of business for the pool

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

tarbrush posted:

He is amazing and I am very happy about this, but Liverpool need a backup winger
More than anything they need another centre back, considering they only have 3 senior options (one of which is a frequently injured Matip). My guess is we're gonna see Fabinho step back into defence more often this season.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Oh god, yes, I'd forgotten about that too.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Hate it when big clubs make competent, financially astute signings with a minimum of fuss. Where the gently caress are my bloated personal terms and grainy mobile clips of vague shapes getting into cars

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Hate it when big clubs make competent, financially astute signings with a minimum of fuss. Where the gently caress are my bloated personal terms and grainy mobile clips of vague shapes getting into cars

Well Spurs are about to re-sign bale...

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I still can't believe that, it's the un-Levy-est signing I can think of.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It’s a loan isn’t it

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's a gamble but at least there's an upper limit on the amount they're gonna pay. Compare that to signing the guy on a permanent transfer. Pretty decent deal imo.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Can't wait to hear how much they are paying him.

It's got to be over 50% of his current wages.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I can’t believe anyone wants to pay even a portion of Bales wages

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

There's no way Real are agreeing to a loan where they still pay over 50%

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Alcantara is a good signing on top of being a solid fit for Liverpool's midfield because it lets Fabinho drop back to CB if needed. Pretty much the only downside is that he's already 29 so you can't expect him to be real good for more than a couple seasons.

I honestly hope they keep Gini for the season, I think getting a year of his service and letting him walk after is probably as valuable for the improved league/European chances than the 20m or so he'd fetch. They'll certainly have enough matches to get everyone playing time.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

CyberPingu posted:

There's no way Real are agreeing to a loan where they still pay over 50%
Well the alternative is that they pay all of it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Also lol if Spurs are about to sell Ali to allow Bale to come in.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Xabi posted:

Well the alternative is that they pay all of it.

There's a difference paying full wages for a guy who they can still call up if needed.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Is Thiago near the end of his contract? That fee is baffling to me.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

blue footed boobie posted:

Yes

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

It makes perfect sense, he is consistent in quality with outgoing £20m former Liverpool player Dominic Solanke.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

tbp posted:

alright for real now are liverpool only going to sign the greek left back

thank you for listening jurgen

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

an_mutt posted:

More than anything they need another centre back, considering they only have 3 senior options (one of which is a frequently injured Matip). My guess is we're gonna see Fabinho step back into defence more often this season.

yeah klopp has basically flat out said as much re fabinho so idt we'll see any signings there

that ssarr lad could be neat but a striker would be nice cuz no matter how much i love firmino this 1 goal every 4 games nonsense isn't really working for me

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

ya could have signed for free in jan but we all know drat well that he'd go to some other club offering 450k a week or w/e at that point so better to just pay up now

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

tbp posted:

yeah klopp has basically flat out said as much re fabinho so idt we'll see any signings there

that ssarr lad could be neat but a striker would be nice cuz no matter how much i love firmino this 1 goal every 4 games nonsense isn't really working for me

Minamino is clearly being groomed as Firnino's deputy, and Origi also plays best through the middle if he's not shipped off. Also Salah and Mane have both played as a lone striker. So I don't think there's any chance of another striker.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
firmino isn't a striker and that goal rate is just fine for his role in the system

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leeds quietly signing the best name of the window:

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1306216263589355522

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
What a name.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Cannon_Fodder posted:

What a name.

Speaking of good names, Arsenal are apparently signing Runar Runarsson as a replacement for Emi Martinez. Runarx2 was apparently dropped by Dijon for being bad.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Leeds quietly signing the best name of the window:

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1306216263589355522

I love it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm very happy about potentially signing Thiago

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

It’s a loan isn’t it

Yeah but Madrid want Spurs to pay like £20m for the loan between a loan fee and wages.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

This is a Falcao level loan

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

Yeah but Madrid want Spurs to pay like £20m for the loan between a loan fee and wages.

Lol

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

lol at thinking Firmino's goal rate is too low

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shrapnig posted:

Apparently they also agreed to Real's demands for both a buy back clause and a first refusal clause on the Regulon deal, so if he turns out to be good they won't have him for long.

I vaguely remember Levy being a savvy businessman at some point.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Der Shovel posted:

Apparently they also agreed to Real's demands for both a buy back clause and a first refusal clause on the Regulon deal, so if he turns out to be good they won't have him for long.

I vaguely remember Levy being a savvy businessman at some point.

Do you remember being mad that Woodward refused to take that loving terrible deal?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bundy posted:

Do you remember being mad that Woodward refused to take that loving terrible deal?

No. I remember being mad that days before United's season starts, they were preparing bids and considering targets, and I still am. This transfer window is looking like a loving disaster because none of the deadwood have been shifted out and unless Van de Beek turns out to be Roy Keane '99 in disguise his signing isn't close to enough, but that deal is awful and United should not have gone for it.

Also:

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1306590322311311366

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
You have to understand that spurs operate in a completely different orbit financially to man utd. The new stadium was supposed to try and start chipping away at that but corona has completely wiped that out.

I think it is a good deal. Our current left back ben davies is a solid player but reguilon is a huge upgrade:

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/comparing-sergio-reguilons-stats-to-tottenhams-left-backs-last-season/

This is the clause:

"That clause would see Spurs make a profit of 50 per cent on the original deal should Real return for him at a later date and the player of course decide to move back to the Spanish capital. There are also reports of a second clause which states Real will have first option to match any accepted bid by another club."

So getting a direct upgrade for about £25 mill for at least 2 seasos and then making a 50% profit. In that time sessegnon or cirkin (17 year old academy lad who looks the business) could be ready.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Ki-Jana Hoever to Wolves for £10m apparently.

Not sure how I feel about that. I guess Koumetio or van de Berg supplanted him as the best CB prospect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hmmm. Wonder if it's a package deal.
https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1306965034116018176

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 18, 2020