Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

I’m sure Maguire is very wealthy but if it wasn’t for his huge loving head nobody outside if England would be able to pick him out of a lineup. You guys are vastly overestimating how recognizeable some of these footballers are to someone on the other side of the continent.

There's a reason he had to ask the police if they knew who he was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

But Stan Kroenke is one of the good guys I’m told

Weird grudge to cling to

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The spurs amazon documentary is out. Jose apparently specifically focusses on how good doherty is in his team talk pre wolves. I bet you they sent him that clip just to tickle his balls during the transfer negotiations. :D

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Gigi Galli posted:

I’m sure Maguire is very wealthy but if it wasn’t for his huge loving head nobody outside if England would be able to pick him out of a lineup. You guys are vastly overestimating how recognizeable some of these footballers are to someone on the other side of the continent.

I think the problem is more Brits abroad than locals.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Mickolution posted:

Not all the syringe wielding gangs wandering the tourist resorts, ignored by the famously Albanian loving Greek police?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Strawman posted:

Not all the syringe wielding gangs wandering the tourist resorts, ignored by the famously Albanian loving Greek police?

Well that's a given.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Mickolution posted:

That’s what I’m saying, not instantly recognizing a footballer is not a problem.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

That’s what I’m saying, not instantly recognizing a footballer is not a problem.

Ohh right, by "outside England" I thought you meant non English people. Have to disagree with that. Many pissed up English people would recognise him out in some resort town. They said on Football Weekly that their bar bill was over £60,000 or something like that. Players go to places with prices like that to get some sort of privacy.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
many footballers are thick as pig poo poo and know nothing about the world outside of the UK, which is why they can't come up with anywhere else to go but mykonos. I hope this helps, thanks for reading and God bless.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

That’s just a few bottles of Dom at a wanky place hahahahaha

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
All footballers should be like David Batty, in that they should actively be embarrassed at being payed to play football and spend their offseasons taking their kids to Bridlington and doing electrician jobs on the side

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Mickolution posted:

Ohh right, by "outside England" I thought you meant non English people. Have to disagree with that. Many pissed up English people would recognise him out in some resort town. They said on Football Weekly that their bar bill was over £60,000 or something like that. Players go to places with prices like that to get some sort of privacy.

Yeah.

Ideally though you want to be on a separate land mass entirely from the poors rather than just in a different bar in the same town.
Or a yacht.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

wooger posted:

Yeah.

Ideally though you want to be on a separate land mass entirely from the poors rather than just in a different bar in the same town.
Or a yacht.

True, but how easy is that at the moment?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
very easy as capacity of yachts and passenger craft is at an all tiem high!

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
why isnt the pre m starting nesxt week

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
because *checks list of completely illegitimate tournaments** there's the UEFA Nations Cup, op

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

All footballers should be like David Batty, in that they should actively be embarrassed at being payed to play football and spend their offseasons taking their kids to Bridlington and doing electrician jobs on the side

World Cup winner Stephane Guivarc'h installed pools after his footy career, apparently.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Jason Sextro posted:

World Cup winner Stephane Guivarc'h installed pools after his footy career, apparently.

Typical diving striker :rolleyes:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
This deal is worth £160 million a year.

https://twitter.com/ACMailman/status/1300670348195627009

https://www.scmp.com/sport/football/article/3096930/suning-owned-pptv-holding-back-us209m-english-premier-league-china

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

oliwan posted:

many footballers are thick as pig poo poo and know nothing about the world outside of the UK, which is why they can't come up with anywhere else to go but mykonos. I hope this helps, thanks for reading and God bless.

Actually Man United players are historically more intelligent than anyone else which is why United has traditionally been welcoming to Mensa members.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Butterfly Valley posted:

Take the L and stop digging

Or don't, that's quite funny

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-merseyside-53975404

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Lmao

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Insisting on internationals right now is some bullshit

e:

fat gay nonce posted:

Actually Man United players are historically more intelligent than anyone else which is why United has traditionally been welcoming to Mensa members.

lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

fat gay nonce posted:

:hmmyes:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Tweet is dead but the Suning company mentioned in the article are also the owners of Inter, so I hope they lose all their money and go bankrupt.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/DailyMailUK/status/1300808162891706369

Wow seems kind of racist? No place for that at famously anti-racist Man Utd

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

No way did Harry maguire use the word civilisation

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bape Culture posted:

Honestly it sounds like everyone is lying about whatever tf happened here. Everything everyone is claiming sounds completely outlandish.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

Honestly it sounds like everyone is lying about whatever tf happened here. Everything everyone is claiming sounds completely outlandish.

what if I told you this harry maguire fella is actually the captain of manchester united and the england national team?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlEjepnmxHo

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
honestly, who hasn't yelled gently caress the civilization of the civilization you're currently patronizing

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Bape Culture posted:

I agree with this but think there are probably some translation issues going on.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bape Culture posted:

Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Pythagoras, Leonidas, Tsipras, Varoufakis, Mitsotakis, your boys took a hell of a beating

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Gorgo is a strong leader with the bonus policy slot but the culture bonuses have severe diminishing returns and the unique unit sucks. This shouldn't be a problem for any player worth a drat

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Blasmeister posted:

Gorgo is a strong leader with the bonus policy slot but the culture bonuses have severe diminishing returns and the unique unit sucks. This shouldn't be a problem for any player worth a drat

I love this.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
gently caress. :stare:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress the greek civilisation

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Really that should be the thread title.

If only SA wasn't so archaic (like the Greek civilization) that only a mod could change the thread title

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Should be the title of the September thread imo

Blasmeister posted:

Civ: Man Utd
Unique Unit: Ed
Ability: Convert other units to Man Utd, at double the base unit cost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
New Thread is up

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938958

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Sep 2, 2020