Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

an_mutt posted:

glad to see plucky underdogs manchester united barely squeak their way into champions league football by *checks notes* finishing with the same points tally they did last season. truly a club on the rise.

It was a weird season for everyone but Liverpool in terms of consistency, Burnley and Sheffield Utd were in with a Europa shout, and to be honest one of them might’ve made it without the condensed schedule, extra subs & some very sketchy refereeing decisions - all of which helped out the bigger clubs.

At least one disallowed goal & red card for Sheffield Utd that had no justification that I remember.

Chelsea looked like jokers one week, world beaters the next, still came third.

My treasured memory of the season is Pogba being scared of the ball and giving away a handball penalty.

I look forward to Arsenal losing in the cup and being without European football again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Bundy posted:

*Munich Sandwich signal goes off, I hit the Fanmobile and crash into thread* Chelsea came fourth OP

Ah, who knew!

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

the sex ghost posted:

Read some of the reactions to howe's sacking and its a lot of 'shrewd manager who worked miracles on a miniscule budget'.

Admittedly I haven't watched much of Bournemouth but it does seem that having a smiley face and being polite has let him get away with spending loads of money on some real stinkers and doing nothing to stop them conceding 60-70 goals a season.

He's going to be West Ham manager by October imo

Loads of money, what?

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
Risk *becoming* a mid-table club.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Weedle posted:

i think der shovel may have been referencing footnote 72 of that book

but it seems less like "utd's club culture is famously anti-racist" and more like "they're cool with asians i guess"

Glory hunting scum exist equally the country / world over.

Why are these millionaires going to Mykonos?
Surely with a decent budget it's easy to go somewhere exclusive & nice where you won't catch diseases / get in drunken fights.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

kcer posted:

i am also confused why these young rich lads don't want to spend their money at exclusive upmarket restaurants and go to black tie soirees

You can get drunk in the sun surrounded by young women in lots of places, but I'd have thought that not being mobbed by fans or being targeted 'cos you're rich would be appealing.

Other rich and famous people don't go hangout with regular non-rich people on holiday do they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Mickolution posted:

Ohh right, by "outside England" I thought you meant non English people. Have to disagree with that. Many pissed up English people would recognise him out in some resort town. They said on Football Weekly that their bar bill was over £60,000 or something like that. Players go to places with prices like that to get some sort of privacy.

Yeah.

Ideally though you want to be on a separate land mass entirely from the poors rather than just in a different bar in the same town.
Or a yacht.