Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

My parents' town is suburban. To be more specific, it is this town. Aside from the complex described in this article, the town also has a very big shopping mall that my folks tell me may someday be converted to a similar live-work-play space. If this does not happen soon then the mall is going the way of all malls, evocative of Shelley's "Ozymandias," except instead of sand it has a lot of parking.

I spent a lot of time at this mall when I was a rad teen. I also worked a seasonal job at Lush at a different mall when I was in community college. America's lack of public health infrastructure means I will never drift breezily past that scent fortress in any mall ever again. This is a hauntological experience. Here in the US, the spatial dimensions of 1990s consumer culture have been gradually reduced by time and the slow collapse of brick and mortar. YouTube is full of urban explorers picking through these former consumer havens, now scenes of desolation. The pandemic will most likely bring the mall concept to its final reckoning. It will probably not be missed.

Whew sorry, I gathered a bag of colorful rocks from the Rainforest Cafe and accidentally opened my third eye. I'm fine now. If you're good maybe we'll go on the indoor carousel. But only if you don't touch anything!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
*immediately goes to Hot Topic*

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Let's get some quarters and go to the arcade.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
This sucks, dude! Let's go to the empty parking lot.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
*skips class to hang out with a cutie at the mall's coffeeshop and food court and people watch*
*fails out of college*

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

*Turns baseball cap for team I don't watch backwards*

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Hits up the Natural Wonders store. Buys some benwa balls and a little clay flute.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Be careful, OP.
Last time I was at the mall this guy from Fashionable Male tried to beat a raincheck into my stomach and screw my girlfriend somewhere very uncomfortable once.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I wasn't even supposed to be here! It's my day off

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Dude they have Animaniacs shirts over at the Warner Bros Studio Store. I'm going to ask if they have any Freakazoid ones, too.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

gonna buy a green day album at the wall

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Have you heard about marylin manson dude I heard he removed his ribs so he can suck his own dick!

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

I'm gonna play DDR with my friends for hours at the movie theatre better wear my dancin shoes. :)

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Movie theater just jacked up the fuckin' prices, man. 6 bucks to get in? The Mask was really funny, though. Ssssssssssssssmokin'! He says that in the movie.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm going to buy stuff at Sears

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Orange Julius first, and then we're hitting It's Your Move to see if they have the newest Dragon Magazine in yet.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm gonna pick up Red Alert at Software Etc

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

getting a kid's meal at Taco Bell

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Hey, KB Toys set up a little table outside the front door with a little robotic dog that does a flip. It's pretty sweet, I guess. Last week there was a guy there with a light up hacky sack, though, that was really loving cool. I couldn't afford one but maybe with my birthday money I'll get one.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Think anybody ever peed in these fountains?

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Nah, I don't want to go to Game Stop. Lets go to Funco Land or Electronics Boutique instead.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Big Beef City posted:

Be careful, OP.
Last time I was at the mall this guy from Fashionable Male tried to beat a raincheck into my stomach and screw my girlfriend somewhere very uncomfortable once.

What, like the back of a Volkswagen?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

There's a Pogs competition this weekend

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Mom! I need quarters for the arcade. Mooooooom! No, I don't want to try on new khaki pants at JC Penney, just let me go to the arcade.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Doc Fission posted:

I was a rad teen
You do seem like you were probably pretty cool, to be so cool now

Pahilla the Hun
Jul 24, 2007

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

Universe Master posted:

Mom! I need quarters for the arcade. Mooooooom! No, I don't want to try on new khaki pants at JC Penney, just let me go to the arcade.

"how do they feel in the crotch? too tight? too loose? the crotch, dear, the length is fine CHECK THE CROTCH"

MOOOOOOOOOOMMM!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Terminator 2 The Arcade Game was bitchin'.

Let's go get an orange julius and gently caress around with all the cool stuff at natural wonders.

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

Pahilla the Hun posted:

"how do they feel in the crotch? too tight? too loose? the crotch, dear, the length is fine CHECK THE CROTCH"

MOOOOOOOOOOMMM!

*whispers* no mom...i don't need husky pants.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I'm not going to the Disney Store it's FOR BABIES!!!!! I'm going to the Discovery Channel store to buy some astronaut ice cream and one of those birds you balance on your finger. I'm gonna take it to school and show off so girls are bound to like me.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*stares at the half wall of incense in Hot Topic*
...man that's a lot of different incense.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Daikloktos posted:

You do seem like you were probably pretty cool, to be so cool now

Thank you. For that I'm ordering you an extra slice at the Sbarro

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

My mom says I'm not allowed to go into the back part of Spencer's Boutique but I went back there and before the saleswoman asked me to leave I saw a fuckin' rubber dick!!!! A big rubber dick!!!! What kind of store is that place?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I could go for an Auntie Anne's pretzel.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Time to hit up the Wizards of the Coast store and buy some random RPG stuff and stare at the orgg statue again

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Hello. I am a giant building made of concrete and rebar. I possess no sentience, so it is amazing I am communicating this to you.

e: ah, gently caress, in a mall

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I could go for an Auntie Anne's pretzel.

poo poo, me too. I got a dollar, that should be enough.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
*looks at girls but doesn't talk to girls*

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?
Helpful hint - New monthly editions of your favorite magazines are available on the second Tuesday of the month at Waldenbooks.

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

What the gently caress are "pogs"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

*starts humming "Mmmbop" and doesn't realize how loud he's getting with it*

What? No, I was uh.... I was singing that song because of how STUPID it is. Hanson sucks, I hate those guys and I definitely hate that music video where they do skateboard tricks and stuff. It's so lame.

*continues humming Mmmbop, but quieter this time*