Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

lol you sheep all living under the shill gates and mikkkro$haft regime, ditch the winblow$ zero and get with a hero, i use arch btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
???

are you sure you have excel installed on your computer

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Why don’t YOU index the files then, if you think windows is doing such a bad job? Hmmm?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bardeh posted:

???

ARE YOU READY FOR THE GEFORCE EXPERIENCE?!

WELL ARE YOU??

"I mean, I guess. I got the card, so.."

I'M INSTALLING DRIVERS NOW CHECK IT OUT

"...ok."

LOOK AT THESE GEFORCE HEADPHONES YOU COULD BUY WHILE I INSTALL THESE 'BITCHIN DRIVERRZ'

"I don't want-"

YOU CAN STREAM TO OUR PROPRIETARY SCREEN SHOT SOFTWARE FROM AT LEAST 4 DIFFERENT GAMES

"why?"

THE INCREDIBL.DLZ DRIVERZ HAVE INSTALLED REBOOT OK

"..."

GAME FORCE READY DRIVERS ARE READY TO BE INSTALLED

"You just INSTALLED drivers."

THESE DRIVERS ARE THE LATEST IN OPTIMIZING YOUR GAME SPECIFIC DRIVERS FOR YOUR ULTIMATE GEFORCE EXTRAVA-GAME-ZA EXPERIENCE AT ALL COSTS

"Fine."

*5 loving minutes later*

THERE ARE NEW GAME READY DRIVERS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR GEFORCE FACE loving EXPERIENCE

"GodDAMMIT"

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHc288IPFzk

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Big Beef City posted:

WELL ARE YOU??

"...ok."

LOOK AT THESE GEFORCE HEADPHONES YOU COULD BUY WHILE I INSTALL THESE 'BITCHIN DRIVERRZ'

"I don't want-"

YOU CAN STREAM TO OUR PROPRIETARY SCREEN SHOT SOFTWARE FROM AT LEAST 4 DIFFERENT GAMES

"why?"

"..."

THESE DRIVERS ARE THE LATEST IN OPTIMIZING YOUR GAME SPECIFIC DRIVERS FOR YOUR ULTIMATE GEFORCE EXTRAVA-GAME-ZA EXPERIENCE AT ALL COSTS

"Fine."

*5 loving minutes later*

THERE ARE NEW GAME READY DRIVERS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR GEFORCE FACE loving EXPERIENCE

"GodDAMMIT"

Oh hey, we see you had a bunch of settings that had nothing to do with the graphics card but gently caress you, we changed them anyway, because gently caress your audio, its coming out of your monitor now, like nvidia intended, again, like every time you "update" your gpu drivers.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

corgski posted:

you know what, you're right

A+

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Bardeh posted:

???

The search in windows 10 is powered by neural networks. No, really. It gives different people different results, and the same person different results over time.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Windows 10 is kind of freaking me out now. They asked me to login to my 'windows account' and the only one I've ever had was a hotmail account, so because they updated hotmail to outlook 365, now there's pictures from emails I sent as attachments when I was like 12 years old which have been put into my one drive folder automatically.

After I installed AVG a folder under /appdata/local has attachments and calendar meetings downloaded from that inbox which are giving me virus notifications, when normally I would just ignore the loving email completely. But Windows 10 wants to synchronise everything because it thinks I'm also going to buy a surface pro and a windows phone too?

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jul 31, 2020

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

TheMostFrench posted:

Windows 10 is kind of freaking me out now. They asked me to login to my 'windows account' and the only one I've ever had was a hotmail account, so because they updated hotmail to outlook 365, now there's pictures from emails I sent as attachments when I was like 12 years old which have been put into my one drive folder automatically.

After I installed AVG a folder under /appdata/local has attachments and calendar meetings downloaded from that inbox which are giving me virus notifications, when normally I would just ignore the loving email completely. But Windows 10 wants to synchronise everything because it thinks I'm also going to buy a surface pro and a windows phone too?

what

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Devils Affricate posted:

Why would you use Excel when you could just use Google Sheets?

Because the UI of Google Sheets is sheet?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

My hotmail address from when I was a teenager is now a free office 365 account (hotmail.com redirects to outlook.com). That account is now linked to apps on my windows 10 desktop because I logged into it using the outlook/mail app on the desktop. There are now attachments from emails in that account in a local folder on my hard drive, even though I didn't download any. I discovered it because some of them triggered virus warnings with AVG.

I still have the account because I use it to sign up for stuff I don't want to sort out in my newer account (the newer one has my actual name, to put on stuff like job resumes).

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jul 31, 2020

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Yep, Windows will automatically integrate everything into whatever email you choose for your Windows Account.

Watch out, this means that the password for your old hotmail is now also the password for all Microsoft services including the Microsoft account with keys for Windows (and any other MS products like office) Skype, Games for Windows, Onedrive, etc.

You’ll want to activate 2FA and change the password. Consider scrubbing payment information from the different services or changing the primary email to something else.

Your old junk email is now the key to everything Microsoft.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

TheMostFrench posted:

You should have just clicked "skip" when Windows 10 asked you to log in with an online account like 99% of the rest of the population.

Big Beef City posted:

WELL ARE YOU??

"...ok."

"I don't want-"

"why?"

"..."

"Fine."

*5 loving minutes later*

"GodDAMMIT"

Also you need to have an account to download a loving graphics driver for some reason now.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

TheMostFrench posted:

Isn't AVG just non-functional spyware now?

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Wow, there are certainly a lot of Windows Supporters coming out of the closet in the thread. I don't understand the unwavering support of this corporate operating system. Corporatehood is representative of the systems of patriarchy. I literally don't know why the mods don't do something about all these bots.

Sent from my iPhone

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If you forward this post to 10 of your friends Bill Gates will give you a bitecoin and a handy it's true Vote Windows Vista

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
what you do is go to control panel > indexing options > and uncheck a bunch of locations youd never look for anything in through search

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
i work in IT. windows 10 is ok, its microsoft's non-QAed updates that are bad

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

gary oldmans diary posted:

what you do is go to control panel > indexing options > and uncheck a bunch of locations youd never look for anything in through search

alternatively, click on 'advanced' and then the 'rebuild' button and then search works again for the locations you do have selected.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Slumpy posted:

REduce Support Tickets!! One Weird Trick Users Hate: Use SCCM to redeploy the entire workstation on their next startup after you install an update and they complain too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wattsamatta
Feb 24, 2008

Slumpy posted:

As someone who works in Customer Support, it's this.

I am sorry you are experiencing difficulty with our folder search functionality. Can you check to see if all your cables are connected securely for me please?