Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

please don't engage the site owner among other things he is loving terrible at posting and is making you and everyone who posts on these forums look bad by association

:thanks:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

please don't engage the site owner among other things he is loving terrible at posting and is making you and everyone who posts on these forums look bad by association

:thanks:

sorry sib, gonna own the bad webmaster by giving him all the attention he could possibly want, there's no other way

i am very smart

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When I find the perfect own it will burn him like the nazi touching the ark in indianna jones.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Agree with you SIB, will do (or not do in this case)

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

other things to post about if you want:

weird things you stepped in

what's for lunch

destroying the pink forum and all who post within her (suddenly relevant again)

a funny cloud you saw

etc

Musluk
May 23, 2011

I thought gbs was for touching the poop.

Though I have to agree with the message here, don't touch the poop.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Spinz posted:

Agree with you SIB, will do (or not do in this case)

thank you Spinz i always count on your level headedness and good sense in matters relating to posting, and your enthusiasm for making these forums suck a bit less

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Musluk posted:

I thought gbs was for touching the poop.

Though I have to agree with the message here, don't touch the poop.

this is the bad kind of poop

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

In perfect dark there is a briefcase turret gun.

Thus, my posting.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

In perfect dark there is a briefcase turret gun.

Thus, my posting.

perfect dark rules

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

other things to post about if you want:

weird things you stepped in

what's for lunch

destroying the pink forum and all who post within her (suddenly relevant again)

a funny cloud you saw

etc

Can i recommend my talk about your favorite animals thread too, everyone likes animals and its nice and peaceful. We even have a shrine to a fallen Toad.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
Let's just talk regular, talk about pumping some iron.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

So what'd you guys and gals have for lunch today? I had meat pies.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Musluk posted:

So what'd you guys and gals have for lunch today? I had meat pies.

I ate a big salad because my folks gave me a bunch of greens from their garden

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Honky Dong Country posted:

:nice: I'm gonna prep some more greens for next week.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Honky Dong Country posted:

I had a salad but I bought it from the store, waiting on my salad greens to regrow.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

It had onion, carrot, and a lil cheese with some black pepper

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i made some really nice sandwiches for lunch. i also made a wild mushroom risotto for dinner. i added some chorizo to my plate but it wasn't a great addition and i regret it a little. next time i will stick to the mushrooms, they can carry it

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I just boiled a bunch of meat. Chicken?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Daikloktos posted:

I just boiled a bunch of meat. Chicken?

what's the appeal of boiled meat over say roasting it? i've never tried to boil meat

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

I tried but

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

I had salad, chicken, and rice
I want ice cream (virtually any kind, Cinnamon egg toast flavor would work) and dark chocolate

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i just try not to pay attention to him and also if you're not in a thread he is in you never have to see him

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

i made some really nice sandwiches for lunch. i also made a wild mushroom risotto for dinner. i added some chorizo to my plate but it wasn't a great addition and i regret it a little. next time i will stick to the mushrooms, they can carry it

Surprising this. The best wild mushroom risotto I ever ate was made with pork stock so I thought chorizo might have gone well with it. I suppose it does have all that grease and paprika.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Spinz posted:

I had salad, chicken, and rice
I want ice cream (virtually any kind, Cinnamon egg toast flavor would work) and dark chocolate

https://www.kikkoman.co.uk/recipes/all/ice-cream-sundae-with-salted-butterscotch-sauce-and-hazelnut-praline/

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the laptop gun was pretty good as a non-turret as well. it had a big magazine

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the laptop gun was pretty good as a non-turret as well. it had a big magazine

it had to have a big mag tho with that rate of fire

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Holy crap
Thank God I have like none of the ingredients, I've put on 10 lbs since March. I had no idea you could use soy sauce to make butterscotch, which is a divine pudding flavor.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I had a turkey sandwich for lunch

Had some curry for dinner

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Valko posted:

Surprising this. The best wild mushroom risotto I ever ate was made with pork stock so I thought chorizo might have gone well with it. I suppose it does have all that grease and paprika.

yeah it was just a bit overwhelming. and the risotto already carries a bit of oil (i use white truffle oil and a bit of butter as well) so it just made it a little heavier than it needed to be. not bad but it just sorta brought things down a little bit

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

I don't like to eat but I like to cook, so I made my husband a batch of fresh herb crusted buns and some chicken salad. that was the other day though. All that bread's already almost gone. home made bread doesn't stand a chance. what kind of bread should I make next?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Skratte posted:

I don't like to eat but I like to cook, so I made my husband a batch of fresh herb crusted buns and some chicken salad. that was the other day though. All that bread's already almost gone. home made bread doesn't stand a chance. what kind of bread should I make next?

hard to beat a fresh herb crusted bun but im a big fan of that dark russian sourdough when i can find it

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Man I'd love some mushrooms.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Don't

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

cheese and herb foccacia. dark bread also is very good

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

sou sauce butterscotch what the hell

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Sid Vicious posted:

sou sauce butterscotch what the hell

stranger things have happened, but not much stranger

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i just try not to pay attention to him and also if you're not in a thread he is in you never have to see him

Ok, well I had a big bowl of leftover (mostly) homemade lentil soup and a banana. I'll share my recipe, it's pretty easy, and it lasts well in the refrigerator for a week! It's also vegan and pretty dang healthy.

• dice the following veggies: 1 big onion or two medium/small onions (i used yellow), one large carrot, one celery stalk, 3 cloves of garlic
  • sauté the onion in a tablespoon or two of olive oil and a pinch of salt until it begins to brown just a little (~5 min on medium-high heat)
  • add the rest of the diced veggies in and continue to cook for about 2 min. you can add a bit of water if it starts to stick.
  • dump the sautéed veggies and the following ingredients into a big pot:
    • a 15 oz can of diced tomatoes (or freshly diced if you prefer)
    • 2 cups of dry brown lentils (give them a rinse beforehand)
    • 0.5 cups of dry rice (any kind, also give this a quick rinse beforehand)
    • 8 cups of vegetable broth (or whatever broth flavor you think you'd like in a lentil soup)
    • 1 cup of water
  • add any spice blend you prefer for flavor. i recommend:
    • 2 bay leaves
    • 2 tsp of ground cumin
    • 1.5 tsp of chili powder. (or if you don't like chili flavor, swap this for 1 tsp of cinnamon, 0.5 tsp of cardamom, and a pinch of nutmeg)
    • 1 tsp of ground coriander
    • 0.5 tsp ground turmeric
  • give it all a good stir and then cook until the lentils and veggies are soft. I used an instant pot on the high pressure setting for 15 min, but you can cook on a stovetop for an hour and it should be good. (By the way, if you use an instant pot you can sauté the veggies in the same pot for less cleanup.)

Note: You can use water instead of broth, or a half water/half broth mix if you want, just make sure you add an appropriate amount of salt since the broth was the main source. The flavor may not be as nice without the broth, but you can add more veggies and cook a little longer to help if you decide to go that route. And don't overdo the salt, you can add more when it's done and adjust for next time if it's not to your liking. Try starting with just a teaspoon.

It will also need something acidic to brighten it when it's done cooking. I usually squeeze one lemon's worth of juice into it and stir it well while it's still hot. And whenever I serve up a bowl, I also add a splash of balsamic vinegar to it (after reheating if it came out of the fridge for best results).

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Bad Purchase posted:

Ok, well I had a big bowl of leftover (mostly) homemade lentil soup and a banana. I'll share my recipe, it's pretty easy, and it lasts well in the refrigerator for a week! It's also vegan and pretty dang healthy.

• dice the following veggies: 1 big onion or two medium/small onions (i used yellow), one large carrot, one celery stalk, 3 cloves of garlic
  • sauté the onion in a tablespoon or two of olive oil and a pinch of salt until it begins to brown just a little (~5 min on medium-high heat)
  • add the rest of the diced veggies in and continue to cook for about 2 min. you can add a bit of water if it starts to stick.
  • dump the sautéed veggies and the following ingredients into a big pot:
    • a 15 oz can of diced tomatoes (or freshly diced if you prefer)
    • 2 cups of dry brown lentils (give them a rinse beforehand)
    • 0.5 cups of dry rice (any kind, also give this a quick rinse beforehand)
    • 8 cups of vegetable broth (or whatever broth flavor you think you'd like in a lentil soup)
    • 1 cup of water
  • add any spice blend you prefer for flavor. i recommend:
    • 2 bay leaves
    • 2 tsp of ground cumin
    • 1.5 tsp of chili powder. (or if you don't like chili flavor, swap this for 1 tsp of cinnamon, 0.5 tsp of cardamom, and a pinch of nutmeg)
    • 1 tsp of ground coriander
    • 0.5 tsp ground turmeric
  • give it all a good stir and then cook until the lentils and veggies are soft. I used an instant pot on the high pressure setting for 15 min, but you can cook on a stovetop for an hour and it should be good. (By the way, if you use an instant pot you can sauté the veggies in the same pot for less cleanup.)

Note: You can use water instead of broth, or a half water/half broth mix if you want, just make sure you add an appropriate amount of salt since the broth was the main source. The flavor may not be as nice without the broth, but you can add more veggies and cook a little longer to help if you decide to go that route. And don't overdo the salt, you can add more when it's done and adjust for next time if it's not to your liking. Try starting with just a teaspoon.

It will also need something acidic to brighten it when it's done cooking. I usually squeeze one lemon's worth of juice into it and stir it well while it's still hot. And whenever I serve up a bowl, I also add a splash of balsamic vinegar to it (after reheating if it came out of the fridge for best results).

that sounds really good, are lentils ok to use like that from dry? i thought they needed a bit of time to soak first. im planning on making some baked beans in a couple of days and the beans all need to be soaked overnight so im paranoid about dried beans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

This isn't what I had for dinner but something I'm in the process of doing;

I got some pork ribs on our last grocery stock up a few days ago since prices weren't astronomical. I needed to get them cooked by end of day today, however, so I thought I better get moving.
I thought they were the boneless country style things, but it turns out they had bones in them, which I found out as I was opening. Oops. Turns out if you learn how to read when you're a child that helps you when you're older.

Anyhoots I was gonna slow cooker them up because I just don't have time to smoke them and, like I said, they gotta move. But THEN I thought "Well now wait a second here" and still got the charcoal grill going, and got some smoker chunks going a little, and basically just smoked 'em "a little bit" on the grill, and THEN put them in the slow cooker.

Well now how about them apples, fellers?