Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

1 out of 5 Stars, insufficient nuclear weapons and/or backstabs for a Goon MP.

Kidding, looks great and like you've chosen a decent time for the initial strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Yeah the first time you fight a real war against a player is pretty eye opening in a lot of ways.

Also the lack of oobs including things like AT guns is super annoying.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Do your APC's have laser MG's because if they dont you need to redesign them with them ASAP before issuing them to units. Once they do they will be significantly better than your light tanks at anti-infantry work.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Yeah you need to get new tanks out to counter those otherwise they are just going to tear your formations to bits.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

The whole OOB system really needs a rework, I think it's a pity it doesn't have its own design-your-own formations like advanced tactics.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Generation Internet posted:

This turn was a tough one to play through and a tougher one to post, but I've gained enough space to trade for time that it's not a disaster yet.

Imagine opening a turn to this.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Can you get us a screenshot of the 'bottleneck' logistical view? I suspect your logistical flow is bottlenecked coming out of your capital rather than at the front.

I can still barely wrap my head around the scale that carnage, it's properly grimdark.

It does show that nothing is unwinnable, despite being outnumbered 3:1 and taking horrific losses I held on till I could deploy long range missiles to utterly wreck his logistical infrastructure and the whole front ran out of energy and fuel. He managed to rebuild before it could properly collapse but things are in much better shape now.

Saros fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Sep 1, 2020

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Looking at the SHQ commanders Orange's guy is literally 10x bettter than yours who is shockingly bad for the amount of fighting he has overseen, might want to look at replacing him witth a decent senior/military card generated leader if he's low capacity because if he is he will only improve at a snails pace.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

I took a poke around the turn and *something* funky is going on. The replacements not happening is because replacements are last in the between-turns movement of stuff and your other movements are set in the shq to total over 100% so your logistics is all getting consumed before replacements get sent. The buggy weirdness is your capitals rail station seems to be totally failing to send out 90% of it's LP like it doesnt have a connection to a railhead or another station which is just weird but the game seems to think it has those LP's to use so it gobbles up everything shuffling stuff using truck LP only. :shrug:

Its very weird and probably an artifact from starting the game in an older version and thten updating.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Pretty sure the actual combat bonus is the square root of the % displayed there so still significant but not *that* broken.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

I rekon you should probably report the issue with replacements to Vic and see what he thinks after a poke around.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Just from looking over that your two advisors are not attached so aren't doing anything. You should put that God level guy as an advisor and attach to your shq to train him in high command before eventually making him the shq guy.

You are also spending too much on Diplo and supreme council for PP. BP spent on supreme council goes to ppPoints which the Square root of becomes political points so combined with BP over 100 being halved you are wasting a lot every turn. Also skim the strategem generation report and ID things like tarrif generation, internal policies, active field ops and the like which aren't making useful strategems and set them to zero.

Then slam all that newly spare BP into miltech and applied sciences and get some amazing units out.

Also high speed rail is a trap tech because you have to rebuild all your rail stations from scratch and all nuclear weapon techs are gated behind nuke plant (hint hint).

Saros fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 10, 2020

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Good work with knocking out blue and his relevant logistics, that should make trouble for Orange. I still think you are discounting his northern and southern thrusts too much as if he cuts your rail line to the front you are in deep trouble and even with blue knocked out from eyeballing it he can probably reach his southern offensive with his logistical trail.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Attack odds are just generated from a simmed combat round. Because of this there are lots of things they don't account for but the big one is leader combat rolls can be massively different. They also throw them off if there are lots of rockets /missiles in the attack because they dump all their hits out in turn 1 but the combat odds act as if it was like that for the full combat.

You really want the combat odds to be 3:1 on the attack to be confident of victory, anything less is a bit of a gamble.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Great LP GI! Yeah I think inexperience with the industrial side really doomed you here but the thing with shields and the whole strategic bombardment aspect of the game are rather painful and underdeveloped. I'm wondering how hte meta will change with air units now allowing you to hit back at things like missile launchers or even having their own strategic capabilities.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Electric engines are actually really good for lighter vehicles as long as you have the infrastructure to support them because energy has zero weight so doesn't strain your logistics at all. The dark horse of energy production is actually volcanic plants, if you have volcanoes they can produce stupendous amounts of energy for minimal population. Biofuel to energy is insanely inefficient because of how much pop it takes to make food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

DTurtle posted:

I have to disagree on the food thing: A hydroponic factory + the two(!) techs that double food production from them is insanely manpower efficient.

Hmm I hadn't actually thought about the booster techs making it work out better.

I feel pretty neutral on electric engines, but oil actually has no weight either. The only things your units will pull with weight are food and ammo, as applicable. I'm pretty sure I have a screenshot from this very LP of a tank destroyer battalion at the fringes of my logistics network pulling ~1500 fuel but only using ~90 logistical points because of "assumed pipes."

:monocle:

Well then, that changes things if its correct.