Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

More LPs for the LP gods

Wars in Shadow Empire are extremely interesting experiences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Autocracy is honestly not that bad.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

a Walker OOB would be NICE

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Insult in the covert ops tree is the card you want. Fire off 4-5 of those and you can get to hitting someone from perfect relations with minimal happiness losses

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Bremen posted:

Looks like it's behind Fist-60, though. Which makes sense, of course, since the idea of the Fist profile is making war and conquest more profitable.

Galatic Republic Will never protect you!

Only trust your fist profile!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

One thing I do if being pushed back is to collapse the logistics network behind myself as I fall back. It at a minimum forces them to spend some IP on building up new roads/rail, and also means if they break through there is not a nice road to zoom along behind you with.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

habituallyred posted:

They have so many radioactives that they are selling off excess reserves. Also they are buying all the metal the market has every turn, for a pretty penny.

Yep, if your econ is rolling hard you do this because if you can use all the metal (and if you can build upgrade more industry you can) you have every turn, every bit helps.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

There are both mobile shield generators that can move with armies and massive ones that you can only strategically move.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

That is a beefy shield, and it can go higher. a few of those could block a big icbm.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Generation Internet posted:

The "peace treaty" is purely between us as players. In terms of game mechanics we're still at war and all they'd have to do to 'invade' me is keep going past the handshake line :v:

I wouldn't be too upset if they did that, it would be fair enough but a bit boring.

As for the wide shield, does it actually protect assets in a hex? Or just units in combat?

Both should protect assets in a hex, I have never tested it, but the shield should absorb hits that would otherwise damage assets.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

wiegieman posted:

How tough are shields? Are we talking like Supcom shield farms that need strat missiles to crack?

The strategic one has 30k "hitpoints" which are different than normal units "hitpoints."

With normal units the hp is a die it rolls to defend against an attack

So if a unit has 1000 attack and fights a unit with 1000 defend. Both roll, if the attackers roll is more than the defender it hits which then goes to a determination of if it is ignored/pins/causes a retreat/kills.

SHIELDS protect other units from hits that would have gotten to them, but this depletes their "hitpoints" which is a pool they have to protect other units. Shield generators are also super vulnerable to anything that gets close on them. They have a 90% disadvantage to their "hp" on a unit that has "Broken through" (simulates a unit making it through no mans land basically).

So basically shields are actually superior in this game against long range and strategic attacks.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

V. Illych L. posted:

so can munashe beg orange for some kins of support or is this just going to be a steamrolling

Steamrolling unless orange breaks his truce.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Admin strain is important to consider.

Low strain is fine, but tbh building new cities for far out assets is a good idea anyway because you can spread out your infrastructure for a more durable production and logisitics network.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Gort posted:

So what I'm getting from this is that mistakes in your industrial build-up are punished mercilessly, as is being a Mad Max cosplayer.

If I was Queensstate I'd probably be thinking about conquering you outright. If you take all of Arian Hold's (wtf is that name) population and industry you'll be ahead of them again.

bikers are actually good (for recon) but you need actual line units to support them.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Morrow posted:

Part of the issue is in Dominions its usually a ridiculous 10 way fight, while here we are down to two players hovering up the remaining AI like Rome and Carthage between the Punic Wars.

We are petitioning Vic to open it up to more human players. A 6 or 8 player game would be a different experience from 4 player.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

habituallyred posted:

Old fashioned passing the turn file along. Discord helps, but each additional player greatly increases the time between turns. Having more than 4 people as an option would be cool. But from a cost/benefit point of view anything past 4 players probably won't sell enough games.

Also I will nitpick: water doesn't actually use up logistics.

Water, energy and oil do not as intended.

Pipes and powerlines are assumed to be in existence along with truck routes.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

mass food pool doubles the output for hydroponics.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Hydroponics robotization stacks with mass food pool.

(Vic assumes ya'll gonna need a lotta food.)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Tulip posted:

Brutal.

In most strategy games, victory goes to who has the most capacity, whether that's tempo in chess or industry in Endless Legend or population in most Paradox games. There's all sorts of smaller proximate things you can point to of battles and tech and what not, but usually those tend to get determined by who can bring just *more* to the problem.

Not firsthand-experience here but it looks like there are strategic scale weapons that could have served as a come-back mechanic on that industry gap, but you don't really have those weapons online (partially because you honored the treaty ban), so yeah, rough.

Post this game we have also seen other counters be figured out Micro-nuke rpgs are good walker hunters And with airpower introduced thats going to change the game as well.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Yes if you both have nukes you can potentially MAD each other by bombing all city assets into ash vapor and causing a collapse of civilization again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Rhjamiz posted:

Been enjoying these LPs and since I’m a sucker for 4X games with logistics I picked up a copy. Is there a Shadow Empire discord or is it all discussed in mapgoons?

Mp discord is here.

https://discord.gg/ZV86hvqS