Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
10 Man Tag 4 6.25%
Tag Titles 38 59.38%
TNT Title 7 10.94%
Tornado Match 15 23.44%
Total: 64 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

D&D rampages can be fun, and anyone saying it's not the right way to play can go to hell. If I wanted to get railroaded into a quest to save a bougie Duke I'd play a jrpg.

It's totally a valid way to play, it's just not a style I prefer to watch (especially when it starts right before I go to bed). I was much more engrossed in the ongoing quest mishaps of the Party Satyr, Jock Centaur, and Crop Top Harpy going on another channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Lamuella posted:

It's amazing what can seem like a good idea at the time. In the same game I killed a bat with a spinebuster.

Please rename your character Bard Anderson

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i hope the 6 man tag tonight is good or they have something cool planned, because i basically don't even understand why you'd try to have such a huge match, even 3v3 is kinda "too much" in that the spots are too heavy handed in their construction and things feel like a big paint by numbers to cram everyone in

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Please rename your character Bard Anderson

Next time I start a new campaign I am either going to play as Basically Randy Savage or Basically Orange Cassidy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

smarxist posted:

i hope the 6 man tag tonight is good or they have something cool planned, because i basically don't even understand why you'd try to have such a huge match, even 3v3 is kinda "too much" in that the spots are too heavy handed in their construction and things feel like a big paint by numbers to cram everyone in

Yeah, like, it's a different set of people but the ten man tag was already a bad clusterfuck, and this 12 man one was recorded so soon after that I doubt they got a chance to really course correct.

what if FTR is in the dark order

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
In the future it will always be Wednesday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl6phK1mXC4

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Pinwiz11 posted:

It's totally a valid way to play, it's just not a style I prefer to watch (especially when it starts right before I go to bed). I was much more engrossed in the ongoing quest mishaps of the Party Satyr, Jock Centaur, and Crop Top Harpy going on another channel.

May I suggest Rude Tales of Magic

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I’m guessing the 12 man won’t go down like a normal match. FTR will have secretly beaten Kenny up backstage and Hangman will get left alone and beaten down or something

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
AEW Heels announced a membership platform

quote:

AEW HEELS LAUNCHES DYNAMIC MEMBERSHIP PLATFORM FOR FEMALE WRESTLING FANS

-- New Female-Forward Community Led by Brandi Rhodes to Hold First Event on New Platform Friday, August 7 --

August 5, 2020 – AEW Heels, the new female-focused wrestling community led by AEW Chief Brand Officer Brandi Rhodes and the stars of AEW’s women’s division, today announced the launch of its new fan membership platform. Powered by Wonderful Union’s secure digital platform, female wrestling fans can seamlessly access AEW Heels’ exclusive content and other special benefits — all in a safe environment for engaging in conversation and developing friendships worldwide.

With an annual paid subscription of $49, members receive access to a variety of features including virtual meet-and-greets, video conference discussions with industry experts, exclusive AEW talent Q&A sessions, customized merchandise, special promotions, themed parties and more. The secure space enables AEW Heels members to connect, learn and thrive together through shared passions for women’s wrestling.

Female fans can subscribe to AEW Heels at: alleliteheels.com

The first event for AEW Heels members is scheduled for Friday, August 7, which is included in the annual subscription. The virtual event will be curated on the platform and feature a Q&A session with Aubrey Edwards, a social media strategizing discussion with Brandi, and a special session on respect and empowerment in the workplace with Keisha-Ann Gray, partner at Proskauer.

“AEW Heels is a first-of-its-kind community designed to celebrate and inspire our female fans around the world,” said AEW Chief Brand Officer Brandi Rhodes. “With our new platform, we look forward to the next step in connecting the AEW Heels community and making this the best time ever to be a female wrestling fan.”

AEW Heels debuted earlier this year with two special video conference sessions designed for women. Session elements included a Q&A with former AEW Women’s World Champion Nyla Rose, a tutorial with renowned AEW makeup artist Stella Kae, and a mental health seminar with AEW Chief Legal Officer Megha Parekh, as well as a sweepstakes program and donation opportunities to support The George Floyd Memorial Fund and The Trevor Project.

Also TK has confirmed AEW trading cards are in the works

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

Also TK has confirmed AEW trading cards are in the works

Can't wait to get my Uno kiss card!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

smarxist posted:

The point is to get FTR, The Bucks and Kenny & Hangman on the same team so that they can fall apart.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cerebral Bore posted:

The point is to get FTR, The Bucks and Kenny & Hangman on the same team so that they can fall apart.

makes sense, i can picture them dropping the match to Dark Order and then all 6 are in the ring after and having words, and shoving starts, and WOOO BOY

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I wouldn't be too surprised if some miscommunication happens and FTR leave with Hangman and The Bucks & Kenny eat the loss.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I have played DND one time. My character was based on Trump. I pretty much hosed around constantly and, in true Trump fashion, succeeded through constant failures.
- After our first battle, I split up the party so I could cash in on our riches. The DM allowed it and I went back to get our pay for beating this guy. But because it was only me, the guy cut how much he was going to pay us by 1/4th.
- I then tried to con a guy in a card game in order to make more money but he found out and stabbed me in the hand.
- Met back up with the party and got poo poo on for losing the money.
- Beat the next big guy by a fluke (used Unseen Servant to push him off a ledge, he fell into fire and then I rolled a natural 20 and he died instantly).
- Used magic to make myself look like one of the bad guys and I just kept hitting enemies from behind with an axe and killing them.

I don’t want to play again because I may have to actually try this time.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

smarxist posted:

makes sense, i can picture them dropping the match to Dark Order and then all 6 are in the ring after and having words, and shoving starts, and WOOO BOY

I'm all for this idea especially when it continues to push the growth of the Dark Order. Getting any kind of victory over The Elite is a win/win for the story

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

The first time I played DND our DM yelled at us because we all had video game RPG brain and wanted to check every pot and chest for loot and then we got taken out by the first pack of kobolds we encountered due to poor rolling.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The AEW Bandcamp has Sonny and Joey's theme, Just Drive and it loving slaps.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The 6 man will probably be good because it doesn't have to work around Hager and Luchasaurus

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Luchasaurus is good

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
The Rankings font/colors makes me think of a Quizno's logo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

rantmo posted:

This is loving rad

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/nylarosebeast/status/1291060754196713473?s=21

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

rantmo posted:

This sounds like it was lifted directly from a Dance With the Dead album. Which is to say it's loving awesome

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Critical posted:

This sounds like it was lifted directly from a Dance With the Dead album. Which is to say it's loving awesome

I had never heard of Dance with the Dead until right now and thank you for mentioning them because I need this kind of poo poo in my life, goddamn.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Do you think the opponent might be Abadon? They seem to be pushing her on Dark.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that'd make sense

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

fawning deference posted:

Her, maybe Anna Jay if Britt thinks that might weaponize the dark order in her favor. Or maybe a debut?

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Need to add Dark rankings for the COVID Crew.

Someone with more time/energy/talent, put together the Dark Jobber Rankings so we can see who is the King of Dark Jobbers (KODJ), tia

My guess is Lee Johnson or Alan “5” Angels (if he still counts, he signed right? Maybe he shouldn’t).

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

fawning deference posted:

I'd be good with that, her last few Dark matches have really shown that she's more than just her gimmick and that she can actually have a match. I'd be interested in seeing what she and Swole could do.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Also her gimmick is absolutely awesome and would be the perfect Britt selection

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

Counterpoint: Abadon should stay an undefeated special attraction for a bit longer (I know Shida has already beaten her once before, but that was pre-signing, and I think they should keep her losses at a minimum for a bit longer).

Assuming she can still go, I vote Reba/Rebel since A) she’s tied in with Britt already and can do a one-off match without hurting any of the rankings or future match-ups, and B) the whole match could be played for laughs as Britt barks way too much on the sidelines and costs Rebel the match but still blames her incessantly.

Bonus points if it has no big “Reba has turned on Britt!” moment and they instead just keep rolling with her as Britt’s beleaguered sidekick, since that has been gold so far.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

rantmo posted:

I had never heard of Dance with the Dead until right now and thank you for mentioning them because I need this kind of poo poo in my life, goddamn.

gently caress yes enjoy

and when you're done with them check out Carpenter Brut for more synthy shreddy goodness

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

see, a lower-tier shitposter would've made a caw reference

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 14 minutes!

How is 12-4 (.750) better than 8-1 (.888)? Or if it's total wins that matter how is 5-0 better than both? Coward Tony oughtta spend less time in the gym, more time on the spreadsheets.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
No that's obviously the 13 time WWE champion Vacant, another great signing coup for Tony!

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Reality Protester posted:

How is 12-4 (.750) better than 8-1 (.888)? Or if it's total wins that matter how is 5-0 better than both? Coward Tony oughtta spend less time in the gym, more time on the spreadsheets.

Best Friends lost to the tag champs less recently / have won since.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Her, maybe Anna Jay if Britt thinks that might weaponize the dark order in her favor. Or maybe a debut?

Tay Conti might be fun.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 14 minutes!
Scorpio Sky is 7-0 in singles matches this year and he's not even ranked.

yes im MAD about fake rankings

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Rankings are not standings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Abadon owns, the last time I had such an immediate "This is my favorite wrestler ever" reaction was the first time I saw Shida wrestle, and that seems to have worked out well.

Her twitter feed also rules - it's like 90% threatening to eat wrestlers and 10% body positivity and hyping up AEW.