Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
10 Man Tag 4 6.25%
Tag Titles 38 59.38%
TNT Title 7 10.94%
Tornado Match 15 23.44%
Total: 64 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

aew seems to use power rankings which is a common thing in sports that is not based on record but is essentially a recency biased opinion. but they just call it rankings so it's not as clear, and no sport uses power rankings for actual rankings like aew is. i guess wwe has or had this on their site but it was never incorporated into anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

They've also said there's some nebulous quality of wins that factor into the rankings, so presumably winning a bunch of Dark jobber squashes wouldn't automatically put you in top rank

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Cavauro posted:

aew seems to use power rankings which is a common thing in sports that is not based on record but is essentially a recency biased opinion. but they just call it rankings so it's not as clear. i guess wwe has or had this on their site but it was never incorporated into anything

You should check out ufcs rankings

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1291067302935494660?s=20
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1291073135580610561?s=20

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Reality Protester posted:

Scorpio Sky is 7-0 in singles matches this year and he's not even ranked.

yes im MAD about fake rankings

so's Sky.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

I went to an NCAA Division I mid major, this makes sense to me.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Malcolm Excellent posted:

You should check out ufcs rankings

I dont think he fights anymore but ufc used to lie about Amir sadollah's record after he won TUF

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Someone with more time/energy/talent, put together the Dark Jobber Rankings so we can see who is the King of Dark Jobbers (KODJ), tia

My guess is Lee Johnson or Alan “5” Angels (if he still counts, he signed right? Maybe he shouldn’t).
It seems like there would be two ways to go for a KotDJ ranking -

1) They're jobbers, so worst record "wins". Use strength of schedule as a tiebreaker (ie losing to FTR isn't as bad as losing to Luthor+Anyone)

2) Scorpio Sky has pronounced himself King of Dark, so put him in the #1 spot, and make rules based on that.

3) It's Luthor.

Edit: Alternately, since the true King of Dark would have a spotless losing record, DQ anyone who has won a match, then do it purely on strength of schedule/entertainingness. Has Piccolo won a match?

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 5, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i only believe in ufc being real sports during the fights where someone forces a win. otherwise it's more like bodybuilding competitions where the outcome is also opinion based

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's why some of the olympic sports aren't sports as well. Don't forget my smart thoughts when you're feeling down on the train or sitting by a window

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scorpio Sky is the Boise State of AEW

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
This looks like a bad photoshop joke, but it's not. https://twitter.com/bullysmagazine/status/1290689000936792065

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who do you think could wrestle the most dogs?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jeff Cobb

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The Butcher because even though he smells like meat and would drive the dogs into a frenzy he would also have meat and would end up with a loyal dog army.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

This is amazing

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Goldberg esque loss streak from the lads tied for number 5

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Tweet it and tag Coward Tony.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
In the 12 man match, I hope 5 men have to hold onto a standard sized tag rope.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Only one person can tag in at a time, what would be the use of them all holding it at once

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

My favorite spot in the last Bucks/FTR multiman tag was when they all tagged in and out in quick succession so they could have a 10 count quadruple team opportunity.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I Before E posted:

Only one person can tag in at a time, what would be the use of them all holding it at once

It's obligated by FTR's contract.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Good news, he cut a great promo on Dark during which he brings up exactly that. I genuinely think he's going to be the first face challenger for the next heel world champion.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Good news, he cut a great promo on Dark during which he brings up exactly that. I genuinely think he's going to be the first face challenger for the next heel world champion.

Also wouldn't be surprised for him to take it from Cody and Cody to turn heel in the process.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

If you're not watching Dark every week, now feels like the time to really start, the last two weeks have seemed much more like a second show rather than just supplemental material. There's story stuff and matches that are not not just enhancement challenge getting beat up by signed talent (it's still mostly that but the matches are good) and I hope that they continue down this path.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Yeah, this kicked rear end. And it was Sky alone without SCU which was also a good sign. Push that man to the loving top of the card.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

rantmo posted:

If you're not watching Dark every week, now feels like the time to really start, the last two weeks have seemed much more like a second show rather than just supplemental material. There's story stuff and matches that are not not just enhancement challenge getting beat up by signed talent (it's still mostly that but the matches are good) and I hope that they continue down this path.

Thanks for this post. I had stopped watching Dark for just that reason.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I think it's gonna lead to him challenging for the TNT Title at All Out

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
The TNT title would be good for him too! Especially since the belt's supposed to be finished by next week's show (for real this time)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Dynamite Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3935576

Scorpio Sky winning the TNT belt would be good.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Best thing about the Sky promo was that it wasn't standard babyface at all. It was someone demanding a seat at the table. There was an edge of almost resentment in there that he should have been given the opportunities to be a big deal.

And he's RIGHT.

Like, you can't push everyone all the time, but this is half of the first tag champs, and the only guy other than Mox to pin Chris Jericho. drat right he deserves a seat at the table.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rantmo posted:

Or at least just put it on in the background and giggle at the wacky stuff Taz says.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lamuella posted:

Best thing about the Sky promo was that it wasn't standard babyface at all. It was someone demanding a seat at the table. There was an edge of almost resentment in there that he should have been given the opportunities to be a big deal.

And he's RIGHT.

Like, you can't push everyone all the time, but this is half of the first tag champs, and the only guy other than Mox to pin Chris Jericho. drat right he deserves a seat at the table.

a large component of why AEW promos and other segments are great is because they infuse a lot of truth and play off suppositions well, even if someone isn't incredible on the mic, just spitting some real poo poo is enough to make a good promo, and if you have chops a great promo

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Or at least just put it on in the background and giggle at the wacky stuff Taz says.

The commentary is always quality.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Who's the rando ref on Dark?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

blunt posted:

some rando

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

blunt posted:

Frank Gastineau

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Pylons posted:

Frank Randeau

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Marlon Rando