Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
10 Man Tag 4 6.25%
Tag Titles 38 59.38%
TNT Title 7 10.94%
Tornado Match 15 23.44%
Total: 64 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's going to Sopranos fade to black right before Kenny or Hangman turn.

*cut to black

;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'd be alright with him sticking around unless he's wanting to do the promotion world tour

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Robviously posted:

5 dates seems like exactly the right amount of time for him to be involved in a match at All Out. I assume it's 5 episode dates and not 5 taping dates, yes?

5 appearances, so this week was one, next week's advertised match is another, and then he has three more. They can definitely space it out so he only appears two more times before a match at All Out, and by then either he'll have agreed to something long-term or he'll have decided he wants to keep his options open and try somewhere else post-All Out (Hawkins is in TNA now, so that's a real possibility)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, what I'm most interested in is at whose behest is it a 5-date deal? Is this AEW giving Cardona a short-term Prove It deal, or is it Cardona dipping his toe into AEW to see if he wants to stick around?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Probably depends on who you ask.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

He could just be doing it as a self promotion thing. Give him a featured appearance without WWE bullshit to create more demand for indie dates.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like anyone who could get a deal with AEW would lunge on it right now if they don't have something overseas away from Hell Nation

i can't imagine indie promotions with barely attended or empty events are paying many bills

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I can honestly see him using it to keep the fires hot until Japan opens back up or to wash the stink of the Fed off.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't know what he is wanting to do. i'll find out in the future

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
zack ryder to his friend: dont go to aew in 4 weeks

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

i don't know what he is wanting to do. i'll find out in the future

Yes.

You will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l1rqTmWn2Q

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Kingston will be working a lot less on AEW for way more money so he probably extended his own career multiple years with the stroke of a pen.

AND he can probably still do indy dates if he wants

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Neodoomium posted:

Kingston will be working a lot less on AEW for way more money so he probably extended his own career multiple years with the stroke of a pen.

AND he can probably still do indy dates if he wants

considering what he was saying in one of his more recent interviews, I wouldnt expect him on any indies.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

So, what I'm most interested in is at whose behest is it a 5-date deal? Is this AEW giving Cardona a short-term Prove It deal, or is it Cardona dipping his toe into AEW to see if he wants to stick around?

Cardona. NEW is hinting they will be running shows soon and he's the kind of guy they'll pay top dollar for. If AEW wants him long term the deal will still be there in September but he'll have a better lay of the land on what indies will be running in the fall, if any.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

JOHN CENA posted:

considering what he was saying in one of his more recent interviews, I wouldnt expect him on any indies.

He's certainly got a nearly maxed out bump card and has earned the right to be a featured TV guy and one hell of a resource behind the scenes.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Kingston’s interview with Van Vliet made it pretty clear that some friends convinced him he’d be a great agent, so wouldn’t be surprised that’s where he eventually transitions, especially with how he talks about reviewing his own game tape.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Kingston’s interview with Van Vliet made it pretty clear that some friends convinced him he’d be a great agent, so wouldn’t be surprised that’s where he eventually transitions, especially with how he talks about reviewing his own game tape.

Eddie Kingston as a teacher sounds good.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

gently caress yeah!

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
One of Matt Cardona's appearances will be a competitive bout against Brady Pierce on AEW Dark.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Abysmal posted:

One of Matt Cardona's appearances will be a competitive bout against Brady Pierce on AEW Dark.

The Man In Gold Boots better not job out to this clown

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Will Hobbs should wrestle Zack just to make him look smaller by comparison to the beef machine Hobbs

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Really looking forward to the Hobbs/Sky match on Dark.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm ready for Sky to break into Dynamite and start getting pins on some of the midcard so he can take on Cody

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.
How did we get past the Archer tweet about Kingston and not think about Eddie Kingston and Jake Roberts cutting promos on each other?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeah.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rantmo posted:

I was looking at ShopAEW just to see what new t-shirts were up and discovered that The Initiative have a t-shirt and it's kinda low-key incredible. They've also got a Matt Cardona shirt, so he's at least good as signed if that was still in doubt. There's also Rowdy Roddy Piper scarf and shot glass for reasons?

Just wanna say don't sleep on that The Initiative shirt, it's loving awesome.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Orange Cassidy fandom goes beyond just wrestling fans.

https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/1289332883732258816?s=20

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Real Piper worked a battle royal, probably why the Piper scarf is there

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ChrisBTY posted:

I popped big for this when it showed up in my feed.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

So glad Kingston signed with AEW. I had been gone all day and the first thing I saw was the WOL summary where they have a typo saying he signed with NXT and I was like WHAT THE gently caress

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ChrisBTY posted:

Good point, I really SHOULD rewatch Train to Busan again :hmmyes:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Anyway, read Sleepless Domain.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

All Out's Fite page is up. Sept 5 https://www.fite.tv/watch/all-out-2020/2p7u2/

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Brian Cage threatening the graphics designer to put him in the show graphic.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Ah, Labor Day is the second week of September this year.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

The Eddie Kingston signing is extremely cool and good, and I'm practically salivating at the potential matches/promo-offs we could see. I really, really want to see Kingston vs Mox at some point, cause I think that could be just beyond amazing.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Aug 1, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

A Real Horse posted:

The Eddie Kingston signing is extremely cool and good, and I'm practically salivating at the potential matches/promo-offs we could see. I really, really want to see Kingston vs Mox at some point, cause I think that could be just beyond amazing.

I think Mox has been just an okay promo since he won the title, so I think someone like Kingston would really get him to up his game, i'd love to see the feud and the match.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

first time noticing Christy Hemme in this shot lmao