Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
10 Man Tag 4 6.25%
Tag Titles 38 59.38%
TNT Title 7 10.94%
Tornado Match 15 23.44%
Total: 64 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think we should be adopting the Legends of the Hidden Temple team naming schematic for the teams and colors drawn on monday.

Warhorse had a lot of presence, i think because he is such a different type of wrestler he should be signed, and give him nice segmented matches on dark and dynamite to get his offense more crisp. i'd suggest a best of seven with scorpio sky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also diamante had a really, really bad night. i dunno what the issue was, she hasn't always been this off and sloppy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Cameron?

Really?

Why?

i mean she was on the road with cody and brandi during her wwe run, probably has a good relationship with them, she's choosing to return to wrestling which makes me think she's probably been training beforehand, a tag team tournament like this is a good place to give her a chance and see what they can do with her.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thus far, wait and see with AEW has not disappointed yet. although i am feeling very cautious by the direction of MJF's current storyline and really hope they pivot away from the presentation used today.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Reality Protester posted:

I doubt Cameron will be with the company longterm. She's there for the tournament. she's the Captain New Japan to Nyla's Hiroshi Tanahashi.

she's going to bring shame to aew with crippling addiction to betting on the ponies?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ChrisBTY posted:

Because why bring in a broomstick when Leva's right there?
i mean if you want people to show they can get better you gotta give them opportunities.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hopefully Excalibur is back next week.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ChrisBTY posted:

Yes, but if she's just going to ride the apron what's the point?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Reality Protester posted:

the biggest geek in wwe for a decade to saving the champion from a beatdown is some incredible whiplash.
i didn't see drake maverick anywhere?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i feel like we need a giant flashing banner in aew threads that reads "do not equate a wrestlers skill and potential to the push and scripts they were given by a senile incestuous old man"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

explosivo posted:

This looks like this legit hurt like a motherfucker.

they were literally trying to do everything in their power to sabotage him during his run here.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alaois posted:

what are you talking about, it's very important to dismiss people like Trent Barreta, who was even more of a nobody than Zack Ryder was in WWE

that scott carpenter kid who teams with brett majors will never make it anywhere.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Punch McLightning posted:

I don’t know that I trust the neck tat guy to define elegance.

perfectly symmetrical flame decals on either side

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

I disagree, also Archer deserves more.

yeah his absence definitely sticks out here.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

warhorse at the very least should have had a PIP promo playing over his entrance

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pylons posted:

If you don't like Nakazawa you hate fun.

big agree

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rotinaj posted:

I'm already feeling out on cardona, I loving said he was gonna come out and do the two or three lameass things he did in wwe and it would suck and he is doing exactly that

I will give him one chance to not immediately go to the very bottom of my care-o-meter list with hager and luther and as much as I hate to say it, but nakazawa the moment his entrance ends. That one chance is next week. If he does anything to show he's some amazing lost talent who got stuck in the wwe doldrums during that tag, I'll wait on being done with him, but like

c'mon man, i'll take the Rough Ryder because you get some good height, but the loving Long Island finger thing? And the fact that you look entirely like Generic Shirtless White Dude # 42, no tattooes or shirt or hat or glasses or anything to make yourself pop? C'mon, action figure man, accessorize. I don't give a poo poo who you were, I give a poo poo what you're gonna do in the ring, or at LEAST on the way to it. gently caress's sake. if Dolph Ziggler came over as Nick Nemeth and the first thing he did was a Zig Zag, I'd boo.
i mean the long island iced z character was his creation. i do agree he probably should have shaved and done something with his hair though to stand out.

rotinaj posted:

Push Sonny Kiss, goddamnit.

they are, he's getting wins with joey janela

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Seth Rollins posted:

i hope Zack Ryder brings in The Big O

dude i'd be so hype

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i always thought it was so goofy and incredibly petty and small on wwe's part that they felt the need to micromanage his youtube show to the point where they werent allowed to show products with the old logos or products wwe was not involved with the making of, resulting in matt and crew having to film stores and collections twice, once for the wwe show and then one for matt's personal yt show where he could actually just tear into the nitty gritty behind the history of these toys

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ChrisBTY posted:

I think we're good on WWE signings and friends of the Young Bucks as Tag Champs. I love Kenny and Page, they're probably my two favorite workers in the company but having the best tag team division the United States, if not the world has ever seen be dominated by a storyline featuring two predominantly singles wrestlers playing out over a course of 7+ months, virus or no, is doing it a disservice.

Oh oh wait, I misspoke. Brandon Cutler can and should be tag champs. Well maybe not 'should'. But you get the idea.

i think kenny and page are legitimately probably the 2nd or 3rd best tag team in the company and have absolutely earned their spot as tag team champions, and i think there is a very good chance that their eventual match with FTR will be a killer. The only reason I'd think about moving the titles right now is because it feels like they've run through the entire division, a team here or there notwithstanding.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Seth Rollins posted:

i hope zack ryder brings back the internet championship

he just commissioned a new belt right before he got fired

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Am I just stupid, or does the whole FTR thing feel like a foregone conclusion to the point where its just not interesting?

I think now is the right time to move the belts to another team, but it feels so obvious that they'll just be slapping them onto FTR as soon as it makes sense, and that means nothing else in the division has any weight until that point.

I'd have been more than happy with Dark Order or Best Friends going over, and they would have led to interesting things in the future, but keeping things warm so the new guys with a monster push can slide right in feels a bit meh.

this is a mindset that a lot of fans new to a non-wwe product have when they see a product that has good stable booking come along. the solution to "its too obvious" is to enjoy the journey, don't worry about the destination. You aren't dealing with a product that is endlessly trying to swerve you or make you feel like a dumbass for investing in. Unless you were a Tetsuya Naito fan from 2012-2019, then yeah NJPW totally played with you lmao.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

smarxist posted:

I mean, to me it's so obvious that FTR wins them that i feel like there has to be a swerve, which is what i was hoping for tonight, now i'm not sure, but the uncertainty is outweighed by the fact that they may just ship the belts to FTR which kinda stinks

watch less wwe.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

warhorse got personalized theme music and is referenced in the lyrics to the entrance music he used for dynamite, i think it's a safe bet that we will see more WARHORSE in the future

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im just glad people are passionate for all elite wrestling :) at their worst, the shows are merely okay, as opposed to actually painful for the brains ears and eyes for the viewers

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

People tend to remember the last part of a segment the strongest.

i mean you do expect them to develop object permanence at some point

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

moxley is going to defeat darby and then defeat mjf

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

no its his tag team partner that runs create-a-wrestler

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

See I would like Darby to go away because he seems like an abusive rear end in a top hat so when he does spots like that something says "oh, that's an abusive rear end in a top hat doing that" instead of "what a spot."

weird projection

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the escape goat posted:

I know I’m late to the chat about matches in a cage but I know what I want to see-

Shida v Sabian.

Book it, Coward Tony.

big agree

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cant believe trent is gonna beat mjf on dynamite for the title a week before all out 2021

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i got my hair caught in the power door of a minivan and it was the second msot distressing 18 seconds of my life and convinced me to cut my hair afterwards

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the most distressing was during wrestlecon i was trying to take the elevator to my hotel room and magnum ta and his people were gonna use the elevator and he had a lot of merch and stuff that was taking up a lot of space, i tried to get out to be polite and give them more room but this other older guy told me no no you're fine so i stayed, then it was more people and giant cases of merch and for the rest of the elevator ride i realised i was basically nose to throat chest to chest with barry windham

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mons Hubris posted:

The Lex Luger of AEW is Brian Cage

Body guy, can’t talk, doesn’t win, pec jiggle

lex could talk

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i love that guy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

Who's Barry Windham?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cant wait to watch dark on saturday night

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

https://twitter.com/kennyomegamanx/status/1289258087535108097?s=21

I wonder if this Capcom partnership is an indicator that they’re publishing the AEW game.

they've been partnered with AEW for the t-shirts since the launch of Dynamite so it seems like a pretty fair assumption. from what i've been able to research, the actual team of developers that were once at AKI, now known as Syn Sophia, are no longer with that company aside from lead developer Shuji Yoshida. Directing developer Hideyuki Iwashita has not worked on any games since Def Jam 2 it would appear. Capcom's track record the past few years though has been vastly improved from where they were in the early 2010s and I would trust them with making a functioning wrestling game.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh my god they actually signed him, i hope he got a real good money deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Even if it's just something like 75K that's like double r triple what an in demand indie guy makes.

75k living in tampa is a liveable wage, especially with such a vastly reduced schedule to where he won't have to kill himself or hustle merch.