Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
10 Man Tag 4 6.25%
Tag Titles 38 59.38%
TNT Title 7 10.94%
Tornado Match 15 23.44%
Total: 64 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nakazawa's gimmick owns because Quack said he would never get on TV like that and look at him now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

He is a guy who isn't under contract, got his own custom entrance and a competitive match where he was put over on commentary as having impressive credentials. What world do we live in where this is being "done so dirty" and not he only had a good match rather than a great match.

People tend to remember the last part of a segment the strongest.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yes, people with a different opinion are toddlers who's brains don't work. You got it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If they're doing it as a separate YouTube show it would be fun to give it it's own thread

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

One thing I like about FTR being added to the Hangman/Omega story is that they are clearly not good people for Hangman to be around. I think we've all been in situations where there are people we love who are toxic for us cause they bring out and encourage our worst impulses and that's what Dax and Cash are doing with Hangman. You can just about see him skirt back over that line of being a jerk and I really hope he dumps them and makes up with Kenny cause they're much better for each other :smith:

My big take away from the contract signing is that Hangman wants to be FTR's friend a lot more than FTR wants to be Hangman's. They're cool to hang with him and seem to like him (for now) but he feels like he needs this. Which makes sense, kayfabe it's really the first time we're seeing him step outside of the Elite circle for his friends. It's kinda his first time making friends in story.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also yes, as a socially awkward and anxious person I'm both loving and hating how good Hangman has been at this character which I'm totally positive is100% acting and not him recreating situations from his own life, a very anxious one according to him.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

enigmahfc posted:

The Best Friends just straight up ignore every rule FTR wants everyone to follow.

FTR are coming across as hall-monitoring douches. If a sign at a restaurant read "Please only take 2 napkins", they would make a big deal out of calling out people that took 3.

The magic of the gimmick is that the second you would go "Ok, I'll only take 2" they would go and take 3 in front of you.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

It's way less dangerous than the unprotected chairshots which AEW has done a bunch of times now

arguably less dangerous than pretty much any flip or move that can lead to you on your head.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Having rewatched it a bunch, they honestly do it in a way that looks chill and safe for what they're doing. Darby jumps onto the board and Ricky lifts one shoulder so when Darby and the board land on his back they don't come down flat on his back. Darby lands with the back of the board on Ricky's shoulder and then they all kind of shift so he comes down with the other side onto Ricky's other shoulder as they fall. So they're specifically doing what they can to make sure they're falling safe and that Darby isn't landing right on Stark's spine. It's messy, gross, and dangerous but they obviously thought about how to take it and are not just doing wild west poo poo.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The real question is if anyone helped Ricky get some Neosporin on his back. That would be the dangerous part of the spot, not putting any antibiotics on the skin.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rantmo posted:

Looking forward to seeing how William, a member of the Gunn Club, will be billed and discussed on the show.

Billy... and Austin Gunn of the Gunn club.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think AEW still has a few too many old dudes who think it matters if you're legit for Hager's singles career to go away but the push has cooled.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I had said it before when they first said they wanted to rotate people and not feature the same people every week that they went about it the wrong way. What I thought they were going to do is take a group of wrestlers, do a few months of stories with them, and then shake it up and swap some people around (so some people would take a month or two to heal and rest) and you keep a rotating cast where some people are on and some people are off but it's more or less the same group from week to week. Instead they seem to be doing a check in on each story every couple weeks. It feels like a big part of why it can feel like very few people get enough screen time, there are very few wrestlers you're seeing every week or you're seeing an update on their story every week. It isn't terrible and it works but that structure for featuring people seems to make it feel like a lot of people are not getting enough spotlight.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

Hager was good as the dumb muscle stooge in the Stadium Stampede but that's about it. He can't even FlimFlam well.

J.R.ishly: "I just think we're gonna see some great stuff from that big tub of mayo. We have not seen his best stuff yet"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

Like “let’s give the king of diamonds Darby Allin’s bones and joints” cause I can dig that.

A mercyful fate.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Page/Sabian had that awesome powerbomb where he threw him halfway up the ramp.

I can't actually think of something I've enjoyed in any Luther match outside of "it ended"

👉😜

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MotU posted:

can't believe AEW is ending in 5 episodes

It's going to Sopranos fade to black right before Kenny or Hangman turn.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Wait, it all makes sense. His fan base is WWE toy nerds which tends to be older guys with the extra cash. Cardona is going to help them win the 50+ war.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Callis is good at commentary but I don't personally like his style of commentary. He'd make a good manager though if they think someone needs a manager.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Youtube might be a specific push to get more women, and people in general, watching the show, use the youtube tournament as a gateway. But also just putting the women on TV more would probably help out with that too.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I can't really say it feels very tna because we need a few more weeks to figure it out but I do think the first appearance was a very TNA way to start. But unlike TNA, the AEW crew seems to have better instincts and will do better poo poo with Cardona

Like turn on Cody and join the Dark Order this Wednesday. Not like he doesn't know Brodie too.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Only guy we job to is the good Lord.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's always loving something with Silver.

I also love that Silver is working for a big company in a primarily comedy role yet its not at all how I expected that to go when he was on the indies and everyone seems really happy instead of constantly laughing at his height or something.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That's a good looking cup

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I like their mash up theme even though it's not good

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's not a five star match but it is far far better than what I'd expect from these 4 names.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I like her gimmick of doesn't want to be here

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh nice, the whole dark order.

This is also a good song

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

I feel like Nyla should win this match but she doesn’t need the win.

That ring looks like it's set up for her to kill three women

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hmmm I wonder

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, similar to the last one it's a perfectly fine match for the experience level in the ring.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, that was decent and probably the worst part is on whoever decided to have Nyla sell that much.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lid posted:

Brandi turning heel here

Cody must be turning

Wife's haunted by the spectre of capitalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's probably the right way to go a one shot that's being watched on twitch. It's not the type of game I like to play and it's not what I'd want for a long term show but it's what I'd encourage if I had a bunch of big personalities and wanted them to show off on camera. Especially if people have not played before.