Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
10 Man Tag 4 6.25%
Tag Titles 38 59.38%
TNT Title 7 10.94%
Tornado Match 15 23.44%
Total: 64 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, to me it's so obvious that FTR wins them that i feel like there has to be a swerve, which is what i was hoping for tonight, now i'm not sure, but the uncertainty is outweighed by the fact that they may just ship the belts to FTR which kinda stinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

JOHN CENA posted:

watch less wwe.

i haven't watched WWE in 20 years really, i just don't think it's a very compelling story and i'd rather some guys i like better on the roster hold titles

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

See, he's worse away from Hangman's influence too!

running down a checklist of at least 15 ways in which Cowboy Bebop is like my worst codependent relationship;

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i kinda like it as a gimmick, but only if they actually go decently far into the heel sphere, because nobody likes nerds

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1288810321562353667

Folks the video is simply rife with implications

god drat AEW is good at storytelling, this was so excellent

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm so torn on where the best storyline is

the bucks and kenny are dorks but they're still good dudes, and since the Bucks ratcheted down their heel energy and Kenny is ratcheting his up, they don't look very unified as a unit

FTR is obviously Hangman's new girlfriend, but based on how they're playing it, gestures/actions/words, it seems like they're setting him up big time, especially with double A in the hunt, Tully, Spears, all these pieces moving around

and now MJF cuts a legendary heel promo to tell the world he wants Big Plat

ahhhhhhh

gun to my head, pushing my chips in at vegas, i'd be on "FTR takes the belts from Cowboy Bebop after suckering Adam Page, Cowboy Bebop splits, we get heel Cody as Flair+FTR+Spears as the Four Horsemen", but i still want MJF in the flair role soooo bad, and it'd put so much heat on the whole thing if Arn turns on Cody to back the future

smarxist fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 30, 2020

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

enigmahfc posted:

Oh, I know that FTR's gimmick, I just thought I'd point it out...for literally no reason, because everyone else already get's it. But still.

Them being hall-monitor-douches is kinda enjoyable, but I do think they need to go a little more heelish eventual.

just wait until they take our favorite boys shiny belts and beat their asses after and laugh at Hangman on top for being such a rube (and perhaps they tear his shirt pocket off too)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm kind of uneasy about how hard they seem to be leaning into campaign season angles, just because it seems kinda cringe-y, and wrestlers have to basically be as apolitical as possible, but i'll see where it goes, they've earned that much

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
to win big plat you must cross the Zigglercon

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Mox and Darby are going to destroy each other and i'm going to hoot and holler

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i appreciate that AEW has only had 1 cage match so far, reserving it for real nasty blood feuds to preserve its mystique a bit seems hella cool rather than just having one on every other event

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MJeff posted:

Boys, we're gettin' a Fallen Angel run in 2020.

red yarn board conspiracy booking sweeps the industry

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Seams posted:

Every match should be no DQ but also end in a no-contest when one wrestler kicks too much rear end.

it was awesome when Wardlow KO'd that jobber on Dark and i still want OC's superman punch to be sold as a KO

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
considering Cameron was a nobody with a horrendously bad meme in her history, she must have showed AEW *something* in her tryouts to get a shot, it's not like she's a draw or anything, and she's got a great look, so I'm willing to at least give her a match or two and see where she's at

hopefully some of the people they're bringing in for this tourney show up on Dark or something

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
we need third main hour / dark turned into main content and moved ASAP imo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

JUNGLE BOY posted:

aew needs to make dynamite a 3 hour show and move it to mondays, turn dark into a 2 hour developmental show on wednesdays, and then land a 2 hour procedural drama version of BTE on network television on fridays

:hmmyes:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i didn't like Sabian much at first, but he grew on me, and i really liked where he was positioned with Jimmy, they were starting to hit on some good chemistry as a team and now he's just kinda in limbo

but he's young and pretty talented and has really good characterization and if nothing else he can always fall back on that snobby british accent to get cheap heat from latent imperial socialization

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

it doesn't have to be 3 hour dynamite! just another hour of main content, stick it wherever (saturday night god dammit)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

JOHN CENA posted:

broke: eddie kingston vs lance archer
woke: eddie kingston vs taz, on the mic

Kingston wanting a shot at the FTW title because of its history from the era of 'hardcore' and Taz trying to duck him over and over because he doesn't want Cage ripped apart in a hardcore match before Mox 2 would be a super fun angle

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ThisBrodieLee/status/1289266352352456704

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like anyone who could get a deal with AEW would lunge on it right now if they don't have something overseas away from Hell Nation

i can't imagine indie promotions with barely attended or empty events are paying many bills

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Abysmal posted:

One of Matt Cardona's appearances will be a competitive bout against Brady Pierce on AEW Dark.

The Man In Gold Boots better not job out to this clown

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm ready for Sky to break into Dynamite and start getting pins on some of the midcard so he can take on Cody

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

It's funny how he did that maybe twice, but it was super memorable. Particularly because he squashed Disco Inferno with one hand while smoking.

lmao, "Smoking Giant" is definitely one of my all time favorite dumb angles, it was just so out of left field

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
MJF is on a trajectory to be AEW's #1 or #2 signature talent so i doubt he wants to get wrapped up with anybody else

which makes me sad if he's not part of the Horsemen reboot that's coalescing

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I've cooled on Inner Circle a lot and they haven't really been doing anything interesting as a group, Stadium Stampede seems like the high water mark so they should probably just start getting into their own programs.

and Hager should just get into a dumpster and live there

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
so the tag team tribute show is the 12th? the next live night?

that could be a big show with interesting implications

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/calebkonley/status/1290062817932881922

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Number 9 will obviously be Griff Garrison :unsmith:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i want an apron beast bomb through a table

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Oil! posted:

Where was the Dark Order? They are supposed to be his friends. I blame Silver.

loving Silver!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i like that Brandi and Allie are becoming a real team / friends, it's way more interesting than w/e quasi misogynistic wrecker angle they were doing with QT

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Allie is good

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
is it just me or does QT look like covid kicked the poo poo out of him?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
kinda wanna see Anna Jay advance but that's probably not going to happen

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
this is good!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
wow, surprised at that finish. i thought Tay Conti looked really good and Jay is getting better

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1290432722515763201

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

xbilkis posted:

I am pretty confused by someone watching that match and then offering their harshest assessment for Tay Conti

for real, i thought she clearly carried the match, her striking was crisp and she set up some painful looking holds when working Nyla over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
well i think this tournament is to begin addressing what everyone wants, more camera work/time for the women, and working a match start to finish in front of a camera/crowd to get the experience that'll make the division shine more

they didn't really have a Chris Jericho or a Best Bout Machine or a bunch of top tier workers with 10+ years experience in that division from the jump to help mold it or take off as fast as the men's div has, so now it's time to do some real catch up work, especially if they're gonna expand the main content to a second show.