Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
10 Man Tag 4 6.25%
Tag Titles 38 59.38%
TNT Title 7 10.94%
Tornado Match 15 23.44%
Total: 64 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Very interesting that they are selling both a Warhorse theme and an Ivelisse theme. I wonder if both are basically signed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/lufisto/status/1288649876000116738?s=21

Lufisto been posting a whole lot about AEW, I wonder if we might see her in the women’s tourney

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

I want to know who is performing this, it’s great

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/imchelseagreen/status/1288641692455841797?s=21

Chelsea posting AEW video, she’s about to go sit in catering forever

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lid posted:

Cameron and Zack Ryder signed

Eddie Kingston isn't

Cameron probably isn’t signed, I bet there’s going to be a lot of one-offs for the tournament

Kingston gonna be signed for sure

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Pinwiz11 posted:

It's almost like it... rules... rear end? :v:

Meanwhile: Vickie's mix starts great but it definitely not something you listen to outside of wrestling. https://aewrestling.bandcamp.com/track/i-beg-your-pardon-vickie-guerrero-theme

Gonna drop this fire poo poo into my next DJ set

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

STAC Goat posted:

Cameron?

Really?

Why?

Nyla face turn when she beats the piss out of Cameron for losing the tourney for their team

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

KungFu Grip posted:

she hasn't been booked since uhh the Royal Rumble when she randomly split up with her manager and there were rumors of a call up

also yes Cameraon has been training.

https://twitter.com/thejamiesenegal/status/1251236462508617729

If Cameron comes in and is actually good then more power to her. I won’t discount the possibility that she just never got trained very well in WWE since she came up through Tough Enough and then was a Funkadactyl and so was primarily envisioned as a valet.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dango Bango posted:

On Cardona - on Talk N Shop, a completely unscripted medium, he cut a boring WWE-paint-by-numbers-style promo when the subject matter was completely absurd. That's the reason I don't care to see him in AEW.

Oh well if he cut a bad impromptu promo on a podcast I guess you’re right, what the hell were they thinking

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JOHN CENA posted:

perfectly symmetrical flame decals on either side

Calvin peeing on the NXT logo

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dacap posted:

I thought just the draw was on YouTube, not the matches?

This is what I thought as well. Alvarez said something about them wanting to do it as annual thing, assuming the ratings for it are decent enough, which indicates that the plan is for it to be televised. Unless their plan for it changed like, yesterday.

MJeff posted:

As a black guy, my take on Excalibur is that AEW having way worse commentary doesn't make me feel like any cracks have been made in systemic racism. It's also pretty stupid that Excalibur can be punished for something from over 15 years ago but Jake Hager can express his horrific garbage man opinions right now, in the present and not be punished for it at all. And if you're wondering if maybe my opinion is biased by the fact that Excalibur is good at his job and Hager is really loving awful at his and I just want one on TV and the other off TV, I examined that possibility and discarded it, I am a bastion of perfect robotic logic.

One thing that I've found interesting is that Hager's social media has been clean since like February. He doesn't tweet about anything political, it's just wrestling, MMA, and his wife. Even his likes are clean, at least the few times I've skimmed them to see. And before he was super-CHUD on there. So, I'm guessing someone sat him down and had a very serious talk with him about keeping his terrible opinions to himself, and it stuck. Don't get me wrong, I still think he is a garbage person and a mediocre (at best) wrestler, and I'd rather he be off the show, but there was this very sudden change in his Twitter and I feel like it's gotta be attributable to someone at AEW telling him to knock that poo poo off.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gumball Gumption posted:

The real question is if anyone helped Ricky get some Neosporin on his back. That would be the dangerous part of the spot, not putting any antibiotics on the skin.

https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1288957418164989953

There’s the doc making sure he’s treated afterward.

(edit: two doctors actually since Doctor Britt Baker is there)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
(edit): nevermind

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 31, 2020

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

IcePhoenix posted:

The Jungle Boy bit on BTE killed me deader than Colt

Stu Grayson got the biggest laugh out of me this episode. He was perfect in that segment.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Veda, Shaul, and Madusa, some interesting names

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

inthesto posted:

Lmao Allie cheating on the draw was way funnier than it should have been

At least we got some reason why the one known tag team "randomly" ended up together

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
haha that sell by Allie

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
considering the participants, much better than I expected

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
ahahah Nyla completely uninterested in this

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MassRafTer posted:

Everything she's done has looked fine and the only minor botch of the match is Anna Jay doing a weird drop toe hold.

I didn't even see that as a botch, really, just no one actually does a drop toe hold anymore unless its into like, a chair

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Endless Mike posted:

No tag ropes means FTR haven't signed yet

their contract said tag ropes were required for their matches only

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Anna Jay remains quite good for having had like...three actual matches

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

CarlCX posted:

she got quick-tagged in the corner, that's why the ref was trying to break up Ariane pinning her.

Think Conti looked improved, not impressed by Ariane or Anna Jay, honestly. But show and concept were real good and I'm excited to see how it progresses.

I'd say let QT and Dustin work their magic with Conti, see what she looks like in a few months. Assuming she's willing to just tool around on Dark for awhile.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

smikey posted:

Yeah they found a good spot for him, finally

his endless awkwardness is perfect for a backstage interviewer

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Fentry posted:

Cabana's is working so much better and his account has subs so he's making a loving killing from this lol

Secretly the plan all along, Cutler and Cabana running the ol' one-two and splitting the profit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1291067302935494660?s=20
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1291073135580610561?s=20