Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Pretty good sign for the Mavs' future if they're resorting to this level of rigging in game 1 of the first round imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

jackofarcades posted:

kawhi leonard surprisingly flops a lot for one of the strongest guys in the league

It was a huge part of his evolution into a star in San Antonio. It's practically required.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Doc's biggest asset as a coach is his ability to get extremely favorable refereeing.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

My main takeaway from this game is that Evan Fournier's hair looks pretty good.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Whiteside was catching a pass, he gets stopping distance. Why on earth would they overturn that call.

Edit: I'm wrong actually, it was in the lower defensive box.

Bashez fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Aug 19, 2020

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Since you probably didn't see it and I don't want to tell people wrong, I was wrong. You don't have to give stopping distance to a guy catching a pass in the lower defensive box.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

I changed my mind again on that charge/block call, not that anyone cares.

Whiteside caught it outside the lower defensive box so Lebron does have to give him room to stop I think. I think it matters where he catches it, not where the contact is.

Also I don't know if people are giant or what but the lower defensive box seems so much smaller than what I think of it as; it's tiny.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Lillard's just going to drain threes while I get cheeto dust all over the rulebook.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Intruder posted:

lakers just gave up at the end?

Probably couldn't hear the coach yelling to foul over the crowd.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Luka is nuts. I love watching him.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

rigged as usual

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

What am I missing that has the Suns picking ahead of the Spurs?

Did the bubble not count?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Over the last few weeks an intense hatred for the suns has been birthed in bashez

Steve Nash flopping his way to getting his teammates suspended makes the Suns always comic relief to me; even if it unjustly got a two game suspension for a rather benign in game foul.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

I'm loving that these defenses have to guard guys close and then have a secondary defender zoning up at the three point line to protect against a guy getting past the defense and dribbling all the way in to the three point line and pulling up for an open 3.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Kawhi's pretty good at hurting people.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Unfortunate side effect of rigging game 1 is Luka's not going to have as much time to heal.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Watching Shaq try to say "we've seen that before" right after they say that it's been done by only two people before is god tier. Shaq loves making GBS threads on people with made up numbers for no reason.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

BIZORT posted:

was that why that happened? i figured the mavericks were hunting for the switch with jackson

Kawhi starts on him but doesn't really fight and just gives up the switch so maybe the plan was to just switch everything.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Toronto's defense is so fun to watch. They're practically zoning every possession and I really enjoy watching defenses move and communicate like that.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

I'm proud of the NBA for raising awareness by having the Jazz dress up as the California wildfires.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

It's really unfortunate you can get a reputation for offensive fouls and then have them called against you for no reason.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

kingcobweb posted:

I don’t understand the “beating someone to the spot” as it’s used in the NBA. How do you take contact to the chest without beating someone to the spot?

I think the easiest way to explain it is you need to have had both feet down somewhere near where the contact takes place. Butler's into a long step there so he doesn't have position yet.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

I love watching good defense.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Intruder posted:

when does giannis get the harden "can't win in the playoffs" stink :colbert:

When he loses in the first round to OKC.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Can someone explain Jimmy Butler's facial hair to me?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Intruder posted:

uh where's the foul

I think he leans in a little bit. It's... rough.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Wow, referees really in Miami's pocket here.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

That's definitely not a foul.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

You can foul after the shot is released?

Certainly.

Not all contact is a foul, that wasn't a foul.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

My jaw is hanging open at that.

That contact wasn't enough to ripple the jersey. That was such a bad call.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Athanatos posted:

Refs blew the call on the 3 point shot, then only had one option to fix it.

Seems fine.

That 3 point call was fine.

That last call was terrible.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

I can't believe the NBA would rig this for the Rockets by having Scott Foster ref Chris Paul for game 7.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Who should I cheer for?

I don't want Harden to lose in the first round but Chris Paul winning against his former team would be too good I think.

pyrotek posted:

do you think execs openly hate their audience or do they genuinely think jackson is good?

This has to be some sort of politicking behind the scenes. He's not there on merit.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Intruder posted:

d'antoni uses his challenge on the one call that is least likely to be overturned lol

This seems hard to overturn, I feel like the correct call is a no call, are you even allowed to do that?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

I'm pretty certain Shroder can throw this game.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

They're playing dominoes out there.

The ones that knock each other over.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

DORT

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

I've always wondered this.

Do clothes count? That got Harden's pants.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Dort caught it from out of bounds anyway I think.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Should be 2.6 left. Refs loving up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

I wish you could take intentional shooting fouls. Having to foul twice here sucks, I don't think you should be penalized for playing better earlier.