Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Thread for discussing those highways in Germany named after a Krautrock song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gChOifUJZMc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

A neu thread for neu ideas

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, nrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, vwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-ruh, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, *beep beep* , fllrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-ug-uguh, bbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mmmsmug:

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

Ich bin ein Berliner.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hey, I don't live that far from there!
And the Autobahn is pretty fun when there is no speed limit and/or road works.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I like it, bet I could get the ole Cruiser up to 100 or so before the wheels fall off!

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

should have used the HOT tag

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

HAS ANYONE SAID ITS THE GREATEST THING THAT NAZIS EVER DID YET
HITLER
WWII TANKS
THE EASTERN FRONT HITLER GUNS TAAANKS

ah god sorry I just turned into every loving GBS goon there as soon as I saw literally anything with ties to nazism or WWII. my bad.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Is your tank fight?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Woah woah sir did you know how fast you were posting? There are speed limits you know

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

The_Continental posted:

Is your tank fight?

:hmmyes:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Thought this was gonna be about using the forbidden thread tags, voted 2 for the bait and switch

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

why are you such a hate-filled screeching hostile imbecile? you used to be... not that

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

why are you such a hate-filled screeching hostile imbecile? you used to be... not that

Lmao what are you high this is your regular beef posting if you still haven't ignored him

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

woah woah woah

no i didn't

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
fuhnfuhnfuhn onda ottobarn

Although I do like the razormaid remixes.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I have floored my Volkswagen on an Autobahn with Rammstein on the stereo and it was the most efficient I have ever been.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
GET THE gently caress OUTTA MY WAY ASSHOLES!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzzkrRazdJo&t=465s

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 30, 2020

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Edit: Nm

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I want to learn more about the autobahn. alls I know is that you can apparently drive as fast as you want, within some sort of reason, but that's about it. What makes it cool? I need the transportation goons to come out and excitement about goddang roads.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Why take the Authobahn when you can take the S bahn, U Bahn, or the Tram??

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
i think i would be too scared to drive the autobahn but i was on a few when i lived in germany and went to affenberg to look at macaques

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Derpies posted:

Why take the Authobahn when you can take the S bahn, U Bahn, or the Tram??

The U Bahn in Berlin is delightful.

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows
My favorite Kraftwerk song.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

I can't believe they named a town Essen. I want to go there and eat.

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
where did the electric car thread go.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house

Charles posted:

I can't believe they named a town Essen. I want to go there and eat.

i was born near "bad wildbad" lol which owns

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
They are very safe because Germans are serious about driving (they're serious about everything, like invading Poland and genocide LMAO) and don't just give out driver's licenses to anyone like Amerikkka does. But they're considering imposing a speed limit now, for environmental concerns

agrielaios
Dec 25, 2009
Würstbars.
There, no autobahn can stay on track now..

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Although large sections of the Autobahn do not fall under a speed limit, there is a general advisory speed of 130km/h. Drivers are not obliged to keep under that speedy. However exceeding that speed will potentially increase your liability in case of an accident; courts have repeatedly held drivers liable for accidents that weren't strictly speaking their fault, but might have been avoided at lower speeds. In conclusion autobahning is a land of contrasts

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I don't get why people need to be all "look at me" and dramatic. Just stop coming to the site.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I don't get why people need to be all "look at me" and dramatic. Just stop coming to the site.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I am driving back and forth on the glorious A2, which is three lanes all the way between NRW and Berlin, and I love it, even though it’s pretty mild, save for the non stop accidents with Polish truck drivers. There are also two pretty great rest stops which used to be the east west border around half way, and one of them is a museum with the original buildings intact. It’s great.

The A3 around Cologne is supposed to be the biggest and most used Autobahn in Germany, but its boring, gridlock and you can’t see poo poo from it, so I don’t recommend it.

The A4 from Cologne to the Dutch border is the best road to max out your car. Straight, and no limits. The Schumacher family’s race track is next to it, and if you take a left midway, youend up on the Nurburgburgurb ring.

I really love to take the A38 from Kassel to Leipzig - it’s underused, brand new, has great views and gets you quickly from East to west or vice versa.

However, if it’s views you’re after on the west east axis, do the A45, A5, A4. On the north west, the A7 is splendid, right through Thuringen.

The Berliner ring - all ~300km of it - is horrible, sucks and has the most eastern european style driving anywhere in Germany, but is also unique and drat impressive.

There are also some unusual ‘bahns - the A980 is only a few km long, but has one of the highest accident rates due to drivers going the wrong way. Half of a bridge on the A9 is prewar, the other half rebuilt after the war. Theres around 20 autobahn stretches that were created as supplementary airstrips, half of which are still active.

Ask me anything about Autobahns, I guess.

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

Built by nazis, gasoline cars drive on it, overrated!

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
Wouldn't that song be better if instead of "wir fahren fahren fahren auf der autobahn" they sang "er fährt fährt fährt auf der autobahn"?

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Snapplefact: "Auto" means car

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost
A risky pic of my rental Ford C-Max doing a cool 135mph on the A6 between Prague and Nuremburg. Massively downhill.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

ausgezeichnet posted:

A risky pic of my rental Ford C-Max doing a cool 135mph on the A6 between Prague and Nuremburg. Massively downhill.

The instrument panel of that car looks like the face of someone who would have extremely online opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
all roads lead to ausfahrt :gas: