Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Had Primanti's in Pittsburgh a few years back and i gotta say its a drat fine sando and the pricing is insane, got a 32 oz beer and the big rear end sando for less than :10bux: gotta love blue collar towns

Edit - and in true blue collar bar fashion a guy projectile sprayed vomit all over the mens room so i pissed outside next to a dumpster in true Pittsburgh fashion

Beefed Owl fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I love all sandwiches but two of my very favorites are not flashy, they are the workhorse Turkey Club and the good old BLT.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

George H.W. oval office posted:

Corned beef on rye with a Russian dressing is phenomenal

Oh yea baby

Yes. Yes I do want this. Notice also that's a ball of meant not unlike the meatball.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

The crab loses its shell and its replaced with a soft shell, so you just fry the whole thing except the lungs and poo poo.

That sounds great, but that presentation is still not working for me.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I don't want my animals to still look like animals when I'm eating them.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

All of these sandwiches are good but to me a soft shell blue crab sandwich is my favorite. Has to be fresh and from the Chesapeake bay though, I wouldn't get a crab cake sandwich or soft shell outside this area though it would likely not be very good.

Baltimore as gently caress tbh

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Really though, the best sandwich is a cheeseburger, nothing beats it.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

This guy gets it

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I like Arby's. Deal with it.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I had a Luther Burger once. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it but I wanted to try it just cuz it's one of those things you hear about and want to try. It was excellent.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Soft shell crab is a good sammy, but I admit it's a bit showy.

A pressed sandwich, like with tuna, olive oil, tomato, anchovies, olives, hard-cooked egg, capers, and what have you can be a great sandwich this time of year. Make it the night before, press it overnight, letting all those flavors meld, and go out somewhere and eat it.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Absolutely, I bought some chuck yesterday for burgers tonight and american cheese (from the deli not that kraft) and I am very much looking forward to it.

One of the best sandwiches I've ever had was at a burger place, but it was the quinoa burger oddly enough. It was one of those things were they put cheese and a bunch of fatty vegetarian ingredients on there, but it was so good drat! Not like a hamburger at all, just a good sandwich by itself.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I don't want my animals to still look like animals when I'm eating them.

I mean it's not that much of a stretch from just eating the meat out of the legs, or cracking open a lobster. Or peeling and eating shrimp.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Unironically delicious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6N-YmGuiGw

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I love all sandwiches but two of my very favorites are not flashy, they are the workhorse Turkey Club and the good old BLT.

turkey club is a BLT with a second floor of additional meat if you think about it

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I loving love, I mean LOVE sandwiches of all kinds, but I'm with you on this. If I could only have one sandwich forever, it would be the mighty cheeseburger

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

any amount of bread that can be mapped out as one contiguous whole on a 2d plane

this technically means an entire loaf is a very thick slice of bread

I have identified a potential gap in this definition: bagel, doughnut
And I WILL fight anyone that claims a doughnut cannot be used as a sandwich, either sweet or savory

Can you please provide an updated definition and I will load it into the simulation for data collection and aggregation

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
toronto has a few famous sandwiches. the peameal bacon on a kaiser is definitely the most famous but this one is just staggering

"milanesa breaded steak, pierna roasted chipotle pork, pastrami, ham, and hot dogs...not to mention tomato, onion, cheese, refried beans, avocado, and a fried egg"

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

i need to stop looking at this thread.

i'm so loving hungry.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Beer battered Haddock Reuben like from a place near me (not the actual sandwich tho)

Is a Sloppy Joe / Chili sandwich still considered a burger?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

sloppy joes own but I would not consider it a burger. a distant burg cousin I guess.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

The Walrus posted:

toronto has a few famous sandwiches. the peameal bacon on a kaiser is definitely the most famous but this one is just staggering

"milanesa breaded steak, pierna roasted chipotle pork, pastrami, ham, and hot dogs...not to mention tomato, onion, cheese, refried beans, avocado, and a fried egg"

I could do this, easy

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Crusty Nutsack posted:

on the same level as PCOS Bill

Oh oops
NEVERMIND

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Cheese steak or even a nice chickencheese, peps onion and mush, miss me with the mayo though. What you need extra slop on it for? The cheese is the sauce :colbert:

Unless you're doing turkeycheese with Thanksgiving leftovers and have gravy to cover everything with.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Beer battered Haddock Reuben like from a place near me (not the actual sandwich tho)

Oh man I had a beer battered salmon reuben once and it was incredibly dope.

I am eating a sandwich now. Just a wimpy home-made one with sliced sourdough and some deli meats. Gets the job done.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Fartington Butts posted:

Oh man I had a beer battered salmon reuben once and it was incredibly dope.

I am eating a sandwich now. Just a wimpy home-made one with sliced sourdough and some deli meats. Gets the job done.

Any sandwich in a storm my dude. A Stormwich, if you will (sandstorm was already taken)

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

I could do this, easy

its difficult to tell the scale from those photos irl it appears to be about the size of a football

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

The Walrus posted:

its difficult to tell the scale from those photos irl it appears to be about the size of a football

Oh yeah, wiseguy? Gimme two then

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

George H.W. oval office posted:

Corned beef on rye with a Russian dressing is phenomenal

Oh yea baby

:eyepop:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

super sweet best pal posted:

Unless you're doing turkeycheese with Thanksgiving leftovers and have gravy to cover everything with.

I’ll allow it, that sounds pretty dope

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Walrus posted:

Awwwww, no way, I used to live like two blocks from that restaurant, passed it all the time and never went in.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

The Walrus posted:

I would like to eat this very much, thank you for posting.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I had a banh mi off the street in Vietnam and it cost me like 20 cents US

I have no idea what the protein was but drat if it wasn't tasty

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I want that toronto 'wich right now. send one of those.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Spinz posted:

I hope you come back if Lowtax sells, great name you had

Same, I like the op.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

by itself or any sides? what was your bev of choice for this sandmotherfuckingwich?

usually sweet potato fries, and also one of their chocolate shakes because I have a child's palate

looked up the menu, apparently it's an apple cranberry chutney now

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I've never had one of those sandwiches that has a toothpick with an olive on it. What are those called?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I've never had one of those sandwiches that has a toothpick with an olive on it. What are those called?

Hanna-Barbera sandwiches.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

Welcome to the Bahn Mi appreciation thread.

What a great sandwich. That oh so sweet pork. The veggies with that kick. I had one once with egg. A friggin fried egg right on there man, I don't kid about these things. But go to heck with that cilantro, no thank you. I'll take the pain and suffering the baguette causes from tearing apart the soft fleshy tissue in your mouth. So good it's worth a ban. Don't let my sacrifice be in vain, post your bahn mi.

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

mistakes into miracles

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

The Walrus posted:

drat that looks good as hell. i'm coming to canada (pandemic permitting)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Funky See Funky Do posted:

club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
All of these sandwiches look amazing but sometimes I just want to eat right now without having to go to the store or deli so I submit to you the humble peanut butter and jelly sandwich, on potato bread with crunchy peanut butter and strawberry jam. Really the bread is just a vehicle to get more peanut butter into my body.