Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I’m the only person I know who thinks avatar was good. This thread is gratifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

quote:

Goofs
When connecting with the Mountain Banshee for the first time, Jake's hair switches from being over his right shoulder to being over his left between shots. (His hands are on the Banshee the whole time so he had no chance to change it.) See more »

quote:

During the final battle, Colonel Quaritch gives the command "Weapons Free" and subsequently orders his forces to engage all hostiles. However, "Weapons Free" means to engage any target not positively recognized as friendly. The correct command to engage all targets positively identified as hostile is "Weapons Tight".

quote:

Jake is being reborn/transferred into his permanent Na'Vi avatar body. His human body can be seen with no oxygen mask over his face. Since it takes quite sometime for Eywa to transfer souls he would have died from lack of oxygen.

the magic of pandora is ruined, forever. we'll never again experience true bonding with the perfect film making of James Cameron's horny blue cat people story now that this horny blue cat is out of the bag

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Was there ever any concern about how in James Cameron's Avatater (perfect film) they link their ponytails together for sex, but also with animals for transport? Those big blue horny cats are fuckin those horsies yeah?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

the na’vi still have genitalia between their legs

this thread makes you keenly aware of that fact lmao

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

kind of like using shrooms to get spiritually in touch with the large-breasted older woman you gently caress at burning man and realize that you’re all part of one big thing... ya know? Like this is all one big thing.

right so it's more like smoking a bong with your horse before going on a trip

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1336396479267803136

Does your copy of Avatar contain the shot where Neytiri and Suly link braids? Did you see them braid link in theatre? Are we sure that it happened, at all? How can we be sure? When do i get my avatar?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

you deny me my medicine

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

make me whole ,,,, please

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I hope you’re ready for some bitmaps

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

stop what you are doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G38AOJ0Rhf4

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

reignofevil posted:

All of this time

I can't believe I couldn't see

Your world is a park, you worship a giant tree

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

You 😀 are 👉 not 🈶 in Kansas anymore. You 🤟 are 👉👉👉 on Pandora, ladies 👩 and gentlemen. Respect that fact every second 🥈 of every day. If there is a Hell, you 😀 might wanna go there for 🈺 some R & R after a tour on Pandora. Out 😵 there beyond that fence every living thing 🤘 that crawls, flies, 🚁🛩️ or squats in the 🤣 mud wants to kill 🚬 you 😊 and eat 🍽️ your eyes 👁️‍🗨️ for 🈺 jujubes. We 👩‍👩‍👦‍👦 have 🈶 an indigenous population of humanoids called the 🤣 Na'vi. They're fond of arrows 🔜 dipped in a neurotoxin that will stop ⏹️ your heart 💙 in one 🔞 minute - and they 👩‍👩‍👦‍👦 have 🈶 bones 🦴🦴🦴 reinforced with naturally occurring carbon fiber. They 👩‍👩‍👦‍👦 are 👉 very hard to kill. 🚬 As head 🤯💆‍♂️ of security, 🔏🔒 it is my 😊 job 💼 to keep you 😊 alive. I 😀 will not ⏳ succeed. Not ⏳ with all of you. 😀 If you 😊 wish 🙏🙏🙏 to survive, you 😀🤟 need to cultivate a strong, 💪 mental aptitude. You 🤟 got to obey the 🤘 rules: 🚷 Pandora rules. 🚷 Rule 🚷 number 1️⃣ one...

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I DON'T HAVE THE OLD FONT, THESE ARE NOT TOOLS BEFITTING AN ARTIST OF MY TALENT

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

makes my uncanny valley feel something, not sure we’re taking about the same exact sensation tho

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Pandora is a close world to Earth. It’s just the most convenient/economical place that we know of with Unobtanium. Because it’s so close by, there’s every chance it’s just the first place that we found with it.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I’d assumed it was like the 100 episode Rick & Morty option where they’re basically hypothetical, but loosely scheduled.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I’ll be throwing all other films into the ocean once this is Delivered unto us.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Every 2 years or so, we are To Be Blessed With His Vision.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

just lol if you don’t have blind faith in JC taking us to the magical world of Pandora five times over

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

possibly the strangest image I’ve ever seen

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Worthington was really good in Deadline Gallipoli.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

seven billion dollars, exchanged to unobtainium ingots

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

reignofevil posted:

As we approach the great avatar premiere the faithful will be rewarded for their long held avatar avatars.

bond with me

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

FunkyAl posted:

If you have a Na'vi avatar you're a winner. Just take it from me.

i see you

David D. Davidson posted:

I'm ready to be blued all over again.

i see you

Eau de MacGowan posted:

im ready

take me to pandora, plug me into a whale

i see you

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

FYI America Deserved 9/11

i deinitely see you

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I gotta say, Jemaine, Sam and Brendan on screen … that’s that antipodean excellence Hollywood craves

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Finger Prince posted:

If you removed all the gratuitous beach frolicking and general "oooh, ahhh" of the cgi visual feast, which let's be honest is pretty much the entire point of the movie, what are you left with? A completely generic <120 min action movie complete with Hero Just Trying To Keep His Family Safe Despite Their Repeated Efforts To Not Remain Safe, the most cigar chompenly, scenery chewing bad guy since Dennis Hopper, and Lessons Learned About What It Means To Be A Father And Stuff.

this reads like you want to make a criticism but fell short and landed on praise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Finger Prince posted:

Yeah, it's called damning with faint praise. I don't hate it, it would be a fine way to kill a few hours on an airplane. But like, it's not good. There's nothing in it worth recommending, unless "do you want to watch lithe blue aliens frolic in the space ocean for a few hours?" is a recommendation.

twice in a row lol