Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

When the movie was still in development I assumed that James Cameron's Avatar was the live action adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender that was in the works. However, these days it is bit easier to distinguish both movies.

So, posting Avatar in the Avatar thread!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR2kbOK8i6I&t=5s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I remember seeing Avatar and thinking that 3D was indeed amazing.

It took less than a year before I realized it wasn't the future, but a lame gimmick that just makes your movie ticket extra pricey.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

golden bells posted:

Na'vi aren't even in the top ten blue aliens to gently caress imo

In alphabetic order:
- Andorians (Star Trek)
- Asari (Mass Effect)
- Bolians (Star Trek)
- the aliens from “Blue” by Eiffel 65
- Frost Giants (Marvel Universe version)
- Grays who have consumed too much colloidal silver
- Nakai (Stargate Universe)
- Neosapiens (Exo-Squad, technically homegrown but I’ll allow it)
- the singer from The Fifth Element
- Smurfs (fanfiction dot net version)

Checks out!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 5, 2020

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

another day working at Disneyland. everyone keeps asking me if they can gently caress the Avatar animatronic. buddy, they won’t even let me gently caress it

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

oh but seriously I posted:

i got the most dogshit of Av avs. it needs to be 300% better or 30,000% worse

Better huddle around the tree of souls and start praying for a new one!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Don't mind me, just continuing the avatar avatar streak.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

As long as it is not "The World of BANdora" I'm getting front row seats.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

reignofevil posted:

On the other hand, if you already HAVE an avatar avatar.... you may find yourself qualifying for certain long term.... effects.

I started having these dreams of flying. I was free.

Sooner or later, though... you always have to wake up.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/avatar-surprise-re-release-china

:monocle:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

UPDATE:
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1370473601409880064?s=20

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I don't know why but that particular shot of the sexy cat man, among the many common avatar screencaps, really fuckin sets off my uncanny valley vibes.

I deliberately linked the tweet instead of the article so you’d see that thumbnail with that magnificent smile without even clicking :shepface:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I see you, Jamescameron.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1370782458870960138

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

A... trailer? :aaaaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axmg1E4HrVE
(video game)

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Let's ask the internet what happened to Jake's original body now that a ritual has transferred his conciousness to his artifical form.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I wouldn't say he made he made Clash/Wrath of the Titans better but he was the perfect fit for action movies of that quality.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I feel the name loses its magic when you are actually obtaining the element in massive quantities. It's not like you've got researchers sitting in a mobile lab near a digsite just sitting there and shrugging the whole time.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Yes, I'm quite a cheapskate faithful.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Shoot for the moon, get the Na'vi some JNCOs.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I see what you did there and I approve.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

*napkin notes

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I just noticed that the movie has already been released in Belgian cinemas. So...

Well, uh, I guess this is my last forum post. Because whatever happens tonight. Either way I'm... I'm not gonna be comin' back to this place. Well, I guess I better go. I don't wanna be late for my own party. It's my birthday, after all. This is Jake Sully Mierenneuker signin' off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Oh, haven't we all been "travelling" the moment the credits started rolling...