Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

If they ever get to Avatar 5 I will actually go to the Pandora theme park. I do not like theme parks and I do not expect them to ever get to that many sequels, but if James Cameron can actually pull it off I will go.

All the sequels have to be Cameron directed though. If he's handing this off to other ppl I will not follow up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Sextro posted:

What's bland about one of the largest investments of capital ever invested into a single cultural artifact taking the stance of: "human society as it is organized is insanity viewed from any other perspective, and it only serves to degrade everything it interacts with"

Like, how does this opinion keep getting repeated?

It depends on a lot of how interestingly that idea is conveyed. Avatar was a triumph of special effects but very shallow storytelling. A lot of the characters are so over the top it feels like it should be Starship Troopers esque satire, but it wants to have its cake and eat it too. We've seen the movie a lot of times before, in similar but less blue contexts.

I am more interested in seeing the second because all the underwater stuff sounds interesting. But overall as a franchise I'm not that invested.