Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Has a movie with such a huge box office ever been as unrewatchable as Avatar?

300 was not nearly as big but features an added rape storyline that pretty much does nothing but fill out the run-time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I guess all things being equal, James is at least honest that he's always been a money guy first and a filmmaker second.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Moofia Boss Val posted:

James Horner's soundtrack was great, was really apart of the flavor of the film. The music for the final battle was cliche but dramatic. I have a few tracks added to my favorite's playlist. He also did the music for the Star Trek movies RIP.

Nervous about the music for the sequel. Apparently it's being done by a guy called Simon Franglen. I don't recall having heard anything good from him. We'll see.

Horner was fine enough, but was infamous for recycling his own work so frequently and thoroughly that you can't tell which Horner-scored movie you're watching by the soundtrack.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

SlothfulCobra posted:

I'd love to be surprised by what James Cameron puts out, but my expectations are pretty low. I'm not a fan of the whole noble savage aspect, where the Navi are depicted as a flawless society without nuance and all the better for their lack of technology such as fancy 3D movies. Going forward from that to reverse-colonize Earth with their superior way of life seems...dodgy. It could turn out nice, it just sounds not great.

Everything turns into Dune sooner or later.

(Technically it is already Dune, so you are getting... More Dune)

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

SolarFire2 posted:

Why doesn't Quaritch shoot a hostage the second Jake and Neytiri start killing his guys?

All actual evil actions are laundered onto his disposable nameless henchmen in preparation for Quaritch going babyface.