Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gumball Gumption posted:

That first belt is cool as hell unless someone tells me it was made in like 2020.

It was a United States Championship that got modified to become the very first WWF (then WWWF) World Championship.

Here's an article about how it was lost for decades before being found:

https://www.wwe.com/classics/original-wwe-championship-lost-and-found

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Speaking of US titles, THIS is the greatest US Championship of all time. DO NOT DISPUTE ME.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

it's a good one for sure. but show me an ugly one. and not the new wwe one, that's too easy.

You posted it yourself

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Always loved the final Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight belt

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

And the Western States Championship was a work of art

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The USWA Unified World Title was beautiful

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

edit

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 2, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

rotinaj posted:

the story posted earlier about the original world title found after 50 years still makes my mind boggle as to why Vince won't let there be an actual physical hall of fame.

That is one of the things that will begin happening the very second that life leaves Vince's body unless he deathbed sells WWE to Disney or something.

I think a physical WWE Hall of Fame would be doomed to fail. There's no way it would make enough money to stay open.

The belt itself is currently in HHH's office, along with the other WWWF/WWF/WWE Heavyweight titles (though he seems to be missing the Hogan 85 & Hogan 86 belts)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

Surprised nobody beat me to the most obvious answer:

Admittedly, I love how thick this piece of poo poo is. Champ belts should be thick as hell.

As bad as that is, I'd say this is worse, simply on account that the scratch logo didn't fit properly

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

What would be the most unwieldy belt to travel with? I assume that's the spinner or the variants of that, but is there anything bigger and heavier?

I've never seen a photo a Mid-South North American Champion actually wearing this:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Tommy Dreamer's WWE Hardcore title (which was just the European belt with a license plate tied to the front and stickers on the side plates)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://prowrestlingstories.com/pro-wrestling-stories/championship-title-belt-dave-millican/

I love this little excerpt about Reggie Parks from this article:

quote:

[Dave] Millican owns the first belts Parks ever made, the AWA Midwest tag team titles. They still shine like they’re new, and the leather is supple and soft. They could be put on TV at a moment’s notice, and they’d look spectacular. The titles were made in 1967 for the Nebraska territory affiliated with Verne Gagne’s AWA. My God. These belts are 50 years old. Millican tells me a great story: Harley Race and Larry Hennig were AWA world champions at the time, coming into Nebraska to face Midwest tag champs Parks and Doug Gilbert (also known as Doug Lindzy, not Eddie Gilbert’s brother). The AWA world tag titles at the time were essentially wooden plaques fastened to leather straps. Race and Hennig got a look at the Parks-made titles and told him they weren’t going to wear the world titles to the ring if Parks and Gilbert wore their belts.

It’s sort of funny that Parks only made the Midwest tag belts because he didn’t want to carry around the trophy that represented the title. Belts were easier to carry. Suddenly, a career was born.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The CWA "World" title is one of the ugliest belts I ever saw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

The plate aspect aside, I'm intrigued by the world this championship is representing. I can recognize the flags of Adanac and Napaj, but beyond that...

One's Japan, but the colors were reversed.