Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That first belt is cool as hell unless someone tells me it was made in like 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

I actually love that last one. What is it?

E: oh, a LU belt perhaps?

LU Gift of the Gods belt and it loving owns. Each medal can come out of it and attaches with magic (magnets) and on the show it worked like money in the bank. You could wrestle people and collect all of the medals. Whoever had all of them got the belt. That wrestler then defended the belt until they turned it in for a shot at the LU championship the following week. The medals also then got split up again and a new tournament/fight for them would start.

edit: at it's best it was a dragon ball tournament arc and it was absolutely perfect for wrestling.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Davros1 posted:

It was a United States Championship that got modified to become the very first WWF (then WWWF) World Championship.

Here's an article about how it was lost for decades before being found:

https://www.wwe.com/classics/original-wwe-championship-lost-and-found

Someone should absolutely bring back putting in a picture on the title. I love that goofy idea.

Actually, when do you think we get our first goofy LED display belt or something that has like a video screen or something? Have we and I missed it? Someone with really tacky taste would probably make one.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Not good but better than what I was expecting.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, looking at it more all the bad parts are on both belts so she really did just make it better.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Entirely agree, the new UFC titles are really goofy and kind of remind of those current WWE titles, albeit slightly less gaudy.

It has that same cheap toy looking problem. The gimmick with the stones getting filled in from defenses and stuff is especially goofy. As is making everything on it an octogon.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It reads like if someone did a worked version of American Ninja Warrior but they fought and also there was magic.

I just described Wrestling didn't I

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

For all that they're gross looking, the current UFC belts have that kind of gimmick too, right?

Kind of but it sucks. They just change one of the gems on it for each title defense and you wouldn't notice if no one told you. They go from a white fake diamond to a ruby. The idea is that they can customize the belt to each fighter who holds it but they're ugly.

You used to get a belt with each defense so if you had a lot of defenses you have a lot of belts.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MightyMouse/status/862352725459251201

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, no frame of reference except for the table edge makes them look like they could be dinner plates or wrist wraps.