Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

best fall guys minigame is probably the soccer one, although the physics are Real Bad and you barely have any control over the ball

worst fall guys minigame is the tail grabber final. the final where the floor disappears as you walk on it is much better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

if its really takeshis castle the final should be unwinnable

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

homeless snail posted:

best fall guys minigame is probably the soccer one, although the physics are Real Bad and you barely have any control over the ball

worst fall guys minigame is the tail grabber final. the final where the floor disappears as you walk on it is much better

yeah my favorites so far are the floor disappearing final and the one where you stand on a platform and different shapes fly at you and you have to avoid them like that japanese game show

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stux posted:

if its really takeshis castle the final should be unwinnable
that would be a much better game than what it actually is, tbh

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

is fall guys the new Transformice

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The “memory” minigame is a waste of time

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

is fall guys the new Transformice
transformice crucially has much more ability for you to gently caress with people, you can grab people in this game but most of the time you can't do a whole lot with it

there is one minigame where some tiles are legit and some are trapped and you have to find the path to the goal, had a good time grabbing people and pushing them onto tiles to test them

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

homeless snail posted:

transformice crucially has much more ability for you to gently caress with people, you can grab people in this game but most of the time you can't do a whole lot with it

there is one minigame where some tiles are legit and some are trapped and you have to find the path to the goal, had a good time grabbing people and pushing them onto tiles to test them
sounds like they need to add a shaman mode then

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Jay Rust posted:

The “memory” minigame is a waste of time

I had a round where some chucklehead tried to grab and shove me off and it just resulted in them falling so it was worth it for laughing at that gamer

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

SeXReX posted:

I had a round where some chucklehead tried to grab and shove me off and it just resulted in them falling so it was worth it for laughing at that gamer
i keep trying to do this on the jump rope level and it fucks me over everytime. i will continue to do it, though

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Um any tips?

It really is Twitter: The Game

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

Fall Guys looks fun as hell but I'm worried it would get old quick
One of my main worries is that people are going to get good at it so quickly morphing it into something completely different

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

One of my main worries is that people are going to get good at it so quickly morphing it into something completely different
there's nothing really to get good at, there are like 3 mechanics, very low ceiling

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

wow, turns out twitter is really good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Andrast posted:

wow, turns out twitter is really good

No

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Are you saying it’s like twitter because the text box is vertical?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
its like a place where people from all over say different stuff about very different things?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Just play on ps4 with the literal children then

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The devs have said that Twitter was one of the main inspirations for their dialogue system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X0-W5erEXw&t=133s

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The devs have said that Twitter was one of the main inspirations for their dialogue system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X0-W5erEXw

https://twitter.com/dril/status/879453684987572226?s=20

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I can guarantee you beyond a shadow of the doubt that the people who made Disco Elysium love twitter and specifically know of and love dril

the creators of the game straight up had Chapo Trap House do voices for characters, who are basically as online as you can get. Would have killed for a loving Brace Belden cameo but he wasn't on the podcast circuit yet

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

This Fall Guys main theme is a real bop

And then it sounds like Seinfeld

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Got eliminated on the see-saw my first try but made it through on attempt 2, felt great

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

http://www.twitch.tv/seckswrecks/v/700950625?sr=a

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Never seen that few people in a final round

that overlay you have going is v weird to me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My recommendations are lovely sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpmR0oWvxkQ

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Jay Rust posted:

Never seen that few people in a final round

that overlay you have going is v weird to me

It's blaseball

Yeah the round before that had a bunch of eliminations it was pretty weird

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

My recommendations are lovely sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpmR0oWvxkQ

Some of my favorite super short speedrun shitpost stories:

The nes pinball tas that, due to the way tas is times (iirc it is timed from startup to last input), the tas itself is incredibly short but it gets the ball stuck so that the score will just rise forever without any additional inputs.

The barney (at least I think it was barney) speedrun where it was just someone holding one direction to win and their speedrun got denied and the reason given was a video the person who denied them made where they made a faster speedrun of the game and showed you could go faster by holding a different direction at one point and that if they wanted to make a speedrun shitpost then they should have put work in to make sure they were playing as fast as they could.

The sega genesis king's bounty speedrun where in king's bounty, you're tasked with searching for the king's something-or-other and the speedrun is just reloading the game until the item the king wants spawns right outside his castle so the ultimate speedrun is essentially just a king asking you to go look for his thing he lost and it turns out it's just right outside his home just chilling there, the end.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Highlight of my Fall Guys run was our team winning the ball race before either of the others made it halfway

(Then I got eliminated in the next round even though I was the first one to the end of a hidden maze but fell off because I missed the jump to the finish line lol)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Absolutely perfect boiled egg

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I started playing the first Shin Megami Tensei game for SNES because I found a fan translation and now have the means to play it on my TV and I honestly understand why this didn’t come out in the US originally. It’s got an incredibly grim-borderline-mean tone and is both creepy and violent; having that come out on a console with maybe a small handful of really mature games where Mortal Kombat made everyone flip a lid (which despite being rated M is still mostly a game for 15 year olds) would have probably gotten some unwanted attention.

It’s pretty cool so far, although they really don’t believe in hand-holding in this game, the first few random encounters have beat the poo poo out of me and I filled out the stats for each character without any idea of what would be good. Luckily I have enough of an understanding of Japanese RPG stereotypes, I gave the girl and the Order nerd decent magic stats and the main character and the Cool Badass Chaos Guy large amounts of strength. Hooray for common sense!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Since the old Dead By Daylight thread was closed, (The OP was linking to the same discord that PPJ got outed from,) I made a new one, it's very sparse, but I wanted a space to talk about this game.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3935519

If you play Dead By Daylight, I'd love it if you could give me a rundown of your favorite killer / survivor to put into the OP. I'd also like video games to link to this thread from the old one, since the old one is locked. I don't have PMs videogames, so I hope you see this lol.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

DC Murderverse posted:

I started playing the first Shin Megami Tensei game for SNES because I found a fan translation and now have the means to play it on my TV and I honestly understand why this didn’t come out in the US originally. It’s got an incredibly grim-borderline-mean tone and is both creepy and violent; having that come out on a console with maybe a small handful of really mature games where Mortal Kombat made everyone flip a lid (which despite being rated M is still mostly a game for 15 year olds) would have probably gotten some unwanted attention.

It’s pretty cool so far, although they really don’t believe in hand-holding in this game, the first few random encounters have beat the poo poo out of me and I filled out the stats for each character without any idea of what would be good. Luckily I have enough of an understanding of Japanese RPG stereotypes, I gave the girl and the Order nerd decent magic stats and the main character and the Cool Badass Chaos Guy large amounts of strength. Hooray for common sense!

Which route do you think you'll go down?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Won a round of Fall Guys.

Then lost my 2nd round by 1/2 a second

:livintrope:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
playing logistical 3 and made a nice headway into australia

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Triforce tatt on my forearm fully healed :3:

Dotwork is so nice, flash ruins the effect a bit
(I'll probably get that freckle in the middle covered up whenever I get my next tatt.)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Now you need to get tattoos of the symbols of din, nayru, and farore

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:ninja:

Alternatively finally start working on a sleeve.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wait, what's that top one?

Other options include the sage medallions

The link to the past medallions

And the spirit tracks stamps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Triforce tatt on my forearm fully healed :3:

Dotwork is so nice, flash ruins the effect a bit
(I'll probably get that freckle in the middle covered up whenever I get my next tatt.)

the black lorule triforce huh, that's a deep cut