Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Booky posted:

hmm.. i must redact my previous and extremely Rude comments about homunculi... they're Pretty Cool, actually! 💃

they got to booky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Me whenever someone tells me an experience they had with a ghost

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

XIV has good mounts I use the flying chair you can buy in the gold saucer and the gryphon/elephant/manta ray from the kojin/snake women quests

I would like the ozma mount but have not unlocked that dungeon

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Aug 8, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_hcNxfMW7o

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Vtube still looks like a video game stream but with an unrelated stiff anime mannequin on-screen, swaying drunkenly

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Here are some wiz101 mounts, including the $15 punk flamingo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6I2oq7_Fbw

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Vtube still looks like a video game stream but with an unrelated stiff anime mannequin on-screen, swaying drunkenly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwWVHvSyLPA

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Video game companies are looking to make their own spokespeople Vtubers inhabiting their popular characters so witness the power of my stand [b r a n d s]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Barudak posted:

Video game companies are looking to make their own spokespeople Vtubers inhabiting their popular characters so witness the power of my stand [b r a n d s]
chunsoft was way ahead of the game here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3FZ5l1FrUU

cant forget ileheart, the compile heart vtuber from 2018, either, who will be staring in the neptunia vtuber game coming soon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4gkCiA4ZGk

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's kinda impressive, it's not until I see those I realize how expressive Kizunai AI is in comparison to most of them, even though that's not saying much.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Chev posted:

It's kinda impressive, it's not until I see those I realize how expressive Kizunai AI is in comparison to most of them, even though that's not saying much.
kizuna ai videos probably have a decent amount of post processing to make the animation look good, is the secret. all of her old videos were like 10 minutes long and she didn't start live streaming until relatively recently, so it wasnt a big deal. kizuna ai's livestreams look a whole lot worse

the last couple hololive 3d streams have been insane though, in terms of character expressiveness and ik quality and all that. tech is coming a long way

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Woke up in the middle of the night feeling like my heart stopped and unable to inhale. My first thought was that I needed a RAM upgrade. Took me a few seconds to realize.

(Been looking into PC building recently).

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Chev posted:

Well the important thing there is that Kizuna is done significantly in post-production. Hololive have some skit-type events where they do the full 3D models and theyre much more expressive and gestural because now they have essentially the same tech. Otherwise, the Live2D is basically the best that instant live mocap can do for them, and even then all the girls have a little keyboard that they need to push to change the facial expression between presets. Kizuna's livestreams use this same tech, too, they can't do anything nearly as impressive as her pre-recorded Youtube videos.

Also keep in mind that all of the full 3D streams are done by a team, both by Kizuna and other studios, where they've got a room full of producers working to keep the mocap working, while the Live2D stuff the actors can usually use from home

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yeah but I'm not thinking of sequences here se's jumping around or anything, just various game streams. I think it's a matter of AI having more interesting expression presets that match her character. Like, those two from the mario clip stay on the empty-eyed moeblob expression all the time, as does Ileheart, and this makes me realize the genius bit with AI was making her short-tempered and foul mouthed. Once you've got a couple character quirks, even a frowny eyebrows preset gets you a long way.

Chev fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Aug 8, 2020

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah exactly, there is someone after the fact animating kizuna ai's face in her prerecorded videos

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n8fn7k9NiE

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

how am I supposed to play hzd AND crosscode, I ask you

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You know it's pretty great that the HZD PC port has lots of problems because I now get to combine two of my favorite things: Playing Horizon Zero Dawn and endlessly tweaking PC settings for incremental and dubious improvements.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

You know it's pretty great that the HZD PC port has lots of problems because I now get to combine two of my favorite things: Playing Horizon Zero Dawn and endlessly tweaking PC settings for incremental and dubious improvements.

Just lock it at 30fps and max everything out, thats what I did for Red Dead 2 and it plays great (albeit with the Nvidia low latency mode on)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Convex posted:

Just lock it at 30fps and max everything out, thats what I did for Red Dead 2 and it plays great (albeit with the Nvidia low latency mode on)

:hmmno:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Convex posted:

(like some other pc ports) it can still stutter at 30 with a good machine

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Framerates aren't even the main issue with the Horizon port, it's a bunch of other problems like texture flickering + stutter that the original never had. It doesn't seem unfixable but it's not all that impressive, either.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

I like the way people fall over when they get shot or their horse trips over something, it's funny :colbert:

Also game looks great, is well acted and has a good story so far. I was v v cold on the game before when I was often away from home working so never had time to get into it, but it has been a good stay at home avoiding the deadly virus game

Edit: also low latency mode is a game changer, it's sluggish as hell without it enabled

Convex fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Aug 8, 2020

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

If you don't know how to do the breakdance in Mario 64 you're not a real gamer.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/molleindustria/status/1292167712110772224

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sHK65IOn5M

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Michael Ian Black is one of the screenwriters of this lol. There were a few bits I laughed at ngl.

However, they pull the same poo poo as Mass Effect 3, Deus Ex, etc where you get to the end and despite all your choices you basically push a button to pick one of three ending scenes. I ran through twice but not going to bother 100%ing it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the inventor of popn music

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
In case anyone was curious, the Game of the Year for 2020 is Bloodborne, which I am in the middle of playing for the first time. Sorry you boring rear end lovely samurai loser

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Michael Ian Black is one of the screenwriters of this lol. There were a few bits I laughed at ngl.

However, they pull the same poo poo as Mass Effect 3, Deus Ex, etc where you get to the end and despite all your choices you basically push a button to pick one of three ending scenes. I ran through twice but not going to bother 100%ing it

Yeah I would assume that the logic of a system they were using to play branching video clips in the 90s couldn't really track anything besides "what was the last choice you made" so that tends to be how things go

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

GotY 2020 is... Earthbound, again

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I'm pretty sure it's blaseball

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah I would assume that the logic of a system they were using to play branching video clips in the 90s couldn't really track anything besides "what was the last choice you made" so that tends to be how things go

In theory you could "remember" choices by duplicating video and branching paths, but that would quickly eat up a ton of space

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Whats the current all endings speedrun WR for that movie?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Speedrunning through Tender Love and Care by just choosing responses as fast as I can.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Whats the current all endings speedrun WR for that movie?

lol there's a clip from a news article downthread and it talks about how people in the theater were gaming the system by pushing buttons in empty seats and yelling for people to vote for a specific choice

Twitch Plays, decades in advance

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

gently caress epic forever

https://twitter.com/alexnpress/status/1291845849979539461

https://twitter.com/alexnpress/status/1292216765888507905

edit: this isn't the same Epic, this is a different Epic that hates its employees, loves nerd poo poo and blames garbage things on "their culture"

seriously if you told me Epic Games had a treehouse building on their campus called "Endor" with a "No Gurlz Allowed" sign I would absolutely believe that

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 9, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I really liked FFXIV but after trying two other mainline Final Fantasys I think I don't like Final Fantasy, I only like Final Fantasy XIV

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Which ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION