Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Roach Warehouse posted:

I watched a Let’s Play of the DmC reboot recently, and I think the remastered version looks fun enough in a b-movie way as an edgy wannabe-They Live/ anti-capitalist screed with no self awareness.

That said everything to do with the character Lilith, from design, to boss fight, to plot events is so so so so bad.

The remastered version isn't bad and removed some of the most egregious story bits. If that had been the game at launch I think it would have sold more than the 600k copies it did sell and been remembered a lot more fondly.

For fun look up how long the changelog between the two versions is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The Giant Holo Demon Bill O’Reilly boss fight is probably one of the most original in gaming history.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

loving atlus, they're charging :10bux: for this

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rinkles posted:

loving atlus, they're charging :10bux: for this

Eh, without the DLC you get the later, Raidou-instead-of-Dante version instead, which is fair (especially since Raidou's better). Having Dante as DLC probably changes the kind of royalties they have to pay to Capcom, too, since now it'd only include sales of the specific DLC.

Chev fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Aug 12, 2020

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The 7th Guest posted:

the only games with confirmed dates are assassin's creed valhalla and far cry 6

and watch dogs legion

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
It upsets me that Watchdogs Legion's pitch seems to have evolved from "be the resistance fighting against the fascist state" to "clear the name of the resistance framed by a more evil terrorist organization". But then again I'm not gonna buy it after the recent Ubi stuff so I guess it hardly matters.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

every watch dogs game looks like absolute garbage idk why anyone was excited for this one

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Don't know what yall are talking about, watch dogs looks great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp1rHka_BkA

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You guys ever think that since there's not going to be a next year this is the year Best Game of All Times lists will be fully comprehensive

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I think about that like twice a day tbh.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

glad shadowbringers could clinch the top spot in the final days

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

homeless snail posted:

glad shadowbringers could clinch the top spot in the final days

Perfectly appropriate.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I was in the drive-thru this morning and the car behind me had a giant sticker across the windshield that said WAIFUHUNTER and a bunch of anime girls on the doors.

This is who I assume is watching VTubers.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

games done quick is next week and i have seen no hype about it

also i bought a year of ps now to try it out and started with puppeteer. gorgeous game but idk if the charm can carry it by itself, the jumping is a bit weird and the levels are so squished because of the framing device that they can't be too adventurous

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It is?

E: I think part of it is that it's gonna lose something without the on-site aspect.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

yea starts the 16th

here is the schedule https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

opening day includes STREETS OF RAGE 4, Shovel Knight: King of Cards, DUSK, Mario Odyssey, Rayman Legends

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Do we have a list of Nazi Runners To Avoid or is it just everyone these days

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

Do we have a list of Nazi Runners To Avoid or is it just everyone these days
i was thinking it might be easier either for us to ignore it or for fewer to show up since it's online-only, they don't get to have their kicks about being on camera and pulling out MAGA hats

sucks that covertmuffin retired from GDQ and running in general though :(

e: Lizstar is doing a Hypnospace Outlaw speedrun which is something that I don't think is going to be that great a watch but it will be interesting to see webpages frantically change from one to the other

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 12, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Man just bring on Awful Block + TASBot.

Everything else is superfluous.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Excited for a Hypnospace Outlaw speedrun because I want to see if being a corporate stooge is optimal or sub optimal

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the hypnospace outlaw is preceded by sexrex doing the pringles game so it'll be a tough act to follow

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Barudak posted:

Excited for a Hypnospace Outlaw speedrun because I want to see if being a corporate stooge is optimal or sub optimal

Both. If you aren't reporting stolen music files on day 1 what are you even doing?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

bidding war: COOLPUNK IS DEAD vs NOT DEAD

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

The 7th Guest posted:

the hypnospace outlaw is preceded by sexrex doing the pringles game so it'll be a tough act to follow

It's exactly like when sha na na opened for Hendrix at Woodstock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXLsMszmQpA

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 12, 2020

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i thought netflix's new video game history show "high score" was an adaptation of the video game history book "high score" but i guess they just took the title and told that author to go gently caress himself

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's probably a good thing that you can't just easily trademark extremely ubiquitous video game terms

Weedle
May 31, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

it's probably a good thing that you can't just easily trademark extremely ubiquitous video game terms

if it was just the title that would be one thing but it's also the subject matter. it feels like someone announcing their new movie "in cold blood" about the murder of a kansas farm family and refusing to mention truman capote

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Chev posted:

It upsets me that Watchdogs Legion's pitch seems to have evolved from "be the resistance fighting against the fascist state" to "clear the name of the resistance framed by a more evil terrorist organization". But then again I'm not gonna buy it after the recent Ubi stuff so I guess it hardly matters.

Can't upset what remains of their fanbase with anti-fascist politics

Weedle
May 31, 2006

lol this poo poo is depraved

The rejected payment plan included a proposed $21.37 million in total compensation for CEO Andrew Wilson in the 2020 fiscal year, up from $18.3 million in 2019. Other executives were set to see much larger bumps, including CFO Blake Jorgensen ($9.41 million in 2019 to $19.5 million in 2020) and Chief Studios Officer Laura Miele ($6.95 million to $16.1 million), and CTO Kenneth Moss ($6.95 million to $14.2 million).

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What do they like, do

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

What do they like, do

I was curious about this a week ago myself and looking at the absurd amount of money that Bobby Kotick makes. Like, what the gently caress does he actually do at Activision/Blizzard? He isn't credited in any video games of theirs that I am aware of.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Help Im Alive posted:

What do they like, do

they remain

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

What do they like, do

Fire entire divisions to save on money, them expect a huge bonus for saving said money.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

What do they like, do

convince everyone that their leadership/vision is crucial to the survival of the company, and indeed of the economy as a whole, so obviously they should be compensated thusly

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i'm pretty sure andrew wilson oversaw the launch of fifa ultimate team which makes ea a million bazillion dollars per second, so he's set for life

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wilson was the guy who introduced FIFA cards to the world. EA could lose every single other license they have and still profit $750 million a year from those things. Blame the Euros.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Andrew Wilson looks like an android.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Andrew Wilson looks like an android.

he looks like a character in a cutting-edge video game from electronic arts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Weedle posted:

he looks like a character in a cutting-edge video game from electronic arts

I was thinking he could literally fit in with the world presented in Detroit Become Human. Or on an Episode of the Next Generation where Data teaches him some humanity.